Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705347 times)

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile

The Cleansing of Candyland

Thus began the ruthless journeys of several individuals willing to go to any lengths to realize their own private visions of paradise, usually through excessive intimidation, hair-trigger political culls, and rampant genocide.

This intrigues me
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

AND ANOTHER THING....

Hello everybody, i am making this game, but i just wanted people to see it first, here are some rules.
Spoiler: BlahBlahRulesBlah (click to show/hide)
So what do you think? It's my first solid idea and i would love it if you liked it.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

There's not enough information in there. What's the power mongerer, etc. It would probrably be better if you just told us what makes it different from a generic RTD. Tell us setting, and things like that.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Sorry I was away from my laptop and was doing it from memory will expand it later.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Oh my god this is so silly.

Dude. I think I am going to make a minimalist RTD powered almost entirely by this site! :D Who's in?!

So, yeah. Who's in? :D Some examples:
Quote from: Site
Inverse berserkers of divinity and samurai in modern Thebes. The world is plagued by contaminated areas, oceans rising and massive storms. Some things you might run into: a dire deed, exile and powerful forces for evil.

Preservation witchs of torment, temporal shamans and shapeshifters in modern Rio de Janiero. Some things you might run into: a deception, a disagreement and misunderstanding.

Pyromonks of terror and empires in medieval Mexico City. Be worried about giant rats and crazed humans. Some things you might run into: an illness and an injury.

Vengenance alchemists of nobility and crusades in modern Central Africa. Some things you might run into: a breakdown, a bet, a revelation and a purchase.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

How minimalist?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Not that minimalist. In fact, probably not all that minimalist at all.
Apart from the fact that I'd let that site do most/all of the thinking. :P ...You know what, I might just post it.
I'm still waiting on a post for my "proper" RTD anyways.

Question, though: Would it work better/be funnier to just post the generated text, or describe it myself?
The latter would be more work, but it might leave more options... But then the first might be more amusing. :-\ Hrm.
...Am I overthinking this?
Booze is Life for Yoink

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

If you're doing it as something quick and silly (conceptwise), then I'd let it do the describing, I guess.

Are there going to be characters or just players?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

AND ANOTHER THING....
[/spoiler]
And now I want to do A hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy RTD again, ...

@Yoink. Random generators are always fun. Definitively going to watch.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I POSTED IT. I am sure going to regret this when I am less silly...

Which is to say, never! ;D
Booze is Life for Yoink

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

AND ANOTHER THING....
[/spoiler]
And now I want to do A hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy RTD again, ...
#
YES! ALL THE YES, I just finished reading all five so this would be the most perfect thing ever!
So how are you today?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

So I've now got the urge to run a superstar wrestling RTD. Basically, you are professional wrestlers in a world where wrestling is real and must fight each other to become the best wrestler in the federation-I'll call it Bay Wrestling Federation or something like that. And how do you do that? WRESTLING.

Instead of having one match at a time, I'll run it as an ad hoc different matches at different times in game time but in the same time turns wise, meaning more people playing at once. After all the matches, it'd be like between-races in MKGP, where you RP, chat and allow me to invent the next round of matches.

Matches would be your standard RTD improvisation affair, but I'd probably use Fatigue Points. Every time you take damage, you gain some Fatigue, and going too far above 100 can injure you. To win, you need to pin your opponent-first by downing your opponent, calling the pin and rolling 3d100-if all of them go under your foe's fatigue, you win. You could also make them tap out by putting them in a lock and forcing their fatigue over the limit.

I reckon players should also get a miraculous kickout-a once-per-bout item that makes a kickout-I roll two of the dice, and if they want to foorcifully kick out, they say so. But they don't know if it's wasted... I reckon other players could also invade bouts-even if they are-were already fighting. I want to make Fatigue collateral, to prevent over-use, but that makes timelines a problem. I suppose be un-retroactive I.e. Bob is fighting in a later match. He has 60 Fatigue, and rolls a 65 to kick out of a pin. He decides to invade rival Joe's match, which happened before his-but he eats a chair for 10 Fatigue. This is quickly added onto his main bout, but doesn't get him retroactively pinned. Basically, this means you're more likely to get injured invading everyone's matches-and rightfully so. And of course, there's fame and titles to be won as well...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ExKirby...What if you took the idea, but made it golf, instead of wrestling?

I'd totally dig that. I like your way of thinking, however.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Seeing all of these minimalist rtd's makes me want to create a system so complex and absolutely silly that part of the challenge is figuring out how to play the game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Seeing all of these minimalist rtd's makes me want to create a system so complex and absolutely silly that part of the challenge is figuring out how to play the game.
I would enlist 10ebbor10 if I where you.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 661