Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702217 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing all of these minimalist rtd's makes me want to create a system so complex and absolutely silly that part of the challenge is figuring out how to play the game.
I would enlist 10ebbor10 if I where you.
Not me? :( I haven't done my job :'(

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Seeing all of these minimalist rtd's makes me want to create a system so complex and absolutely silly that part of the challenge is figuring out how to play the game.
It's just, ebbor is the freaking master of complex yet (sort of) working systems.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's just, ebbor is the freaking master of complex yet (sort of) working systems.
Mine works D: *goes to cry in a corner*[/jk] about the crying not the working part

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

A Bastard RTD, eh?

I'm also good at this! Just most of the worst stuff never makes it off the drawing board.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Mine works D: *goes to cry in a corner*[/jk] about the crying not the working part
I believe a few weeks ago he said he had created a forum game that half of the first turn had take around six months already.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe a few weeks ago he said he had created a forum game that half of the first turn had take around six months already.
I want in on this. Seems hilarious.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Pretty much a bastard game I suppose, making the mechanics specifically to annoy and work against the players. For example to roll to attack you must roll an opposing roll of 2d6/3.14×a, bad example but it's currently all I can think of.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

No no, you just lay down layers and layers of rules that have situational effects and are intertwined with several other rules, as well as a byzantine method for determining supremacy when two rules clash (as they should almost always do.) Then you slather on extra penalties for failing to understand the rules, and BAM

ExKirby...What if you took the idea, but made it golf, instead of wrestling?

I'd totally dig that. I like your way of thinking, however.

I'd say LUCHA, but either way, I'd be in.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

No no, you just lay down layers and layers of rules that have situational effects and are intertwined with several other rules, as well as a byzantine method for determining supremacy when two rules clash (as they should almost always do.) Then you slather on extra penalties for failing to understand the rules, and BAM
Hm... So Magic the Gathering: The RTD?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile

I'd say LUCHA, but either way, I'd be in.
Incidentally, I'm already playing a Luchadore in GreenstarFanatic's Mall Fight RTD.  I'd be happy to see how he'd do in an actual wrestling RTD.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

A Robin Reliant race.

Obstacles being corners, small hills and roundabouts..

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I am able to make complicated games. Just can't run them. :P

Though I seem to have a primal urge to streamline and simplify, so it'd be a battle against my own instinct to throw that away xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Or you can use complicated formulas and such. A good way to get a complicated rule system is to start with a simple system, then add more and more rules to balance it.

Also, variables, lots and lots of different variables.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking about coming up with a game based on Trouble in Terrorist Town.

TTT is a hilarious mystery game, something like a mash-up of Clue, Mafia, and people shooting each other. The basic premise is this:

Innocent Terrorists are the largest group. Their goal is not to die, and to kill Traitors. However, Traitors appear as Innocents, so their discovery must be based on logic, interrogation, or as portrayed in the video above, stand-off's and shoot-outs.

Detective Terrorists are the smallest group. They are sort of like a buffed version of Innocents, with tools like medical kits for healing, a mind ray to see the last person killed of any terrorist, and visualizers that project how a murder was carried out. Traitors can not disguise themselves as Dectectives.

Traitors are the middle-sized group. Their goal is to kill all the Innocent, and/or fool them into killing each other. Traitors know who the other Traitors are.

Additionally, each group can acsess a store that provides weapons and equipments that are purchased by credits, a currency given out to everyone on that team when a sucsessful kill is carried out.

For more information, I suggest watching the video above, because Gassy Mexican's TTT video series is what inspired me to make this into a RTD.

If anyone would be willing to help me figure out a system, I'd be very happy to host the RTD version of TTT.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

RTD's that have mafia elements in them don't usually go well from what I've seen, it's a bit annoying to do anything other than a complete "Free for All" or a "Team-based" RTD.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 661