Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699481 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7350 on: November 25, 2013, 01:52:56 am »

Perhaps, it sounds nice, I could see the interest anyway.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7351 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:13 am »

So, the basic premise would be epic sword duels. Each fight would be in a cinematic area (sinking ship, in front of a volcano, etc.) which would influence the battle. Fights would be focused on gaining combat advantage and then striking a finishing blow, with people being able to fight offensively or defensively.

On character creation, people would get to pick a strength (such as being good at fighting defensively) and a weakness (having a bad leg that interferes with fighting defensively). Maybe people could gain more strengths as they won fights? Also, people could gain fame for winning, especially in an epic manner.

Does this sound at all interesting to people?

Also, this is an idea I'm going to make. It's not up for grabs.
Monk12's one combat system from back in July might be relevant here. It featured specialized multi-step moves and combat distances base on your relationship to your opponent. The latter part made it seem a bit too cumbersome to use in a general game (where one would be expected to fight multiple opponents) but in a game of duels, it's perfect.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: November 25, 2013, 11:19:24 am »

Roll to Parent!

A game wherein 10 players are put into 5 teams of 2, a mother and father, their attributes combined by the GM and RNG, and then they attempt to prepare the result for the world as best they can.

The progeny will be competing against each other in school and the job market.

Any extra suggestions?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: November 25, 2013, 03:45:35 pm »

Roll to Parent!

A game wherein 10 players are put into 5 teams of 2, a mother and father, their attributes combined by the GM and RNG, and then they attempt to prepare the result for the world as best they can.

Any extra suggestions?
All my yes.
Bay12 parenting at it's finest.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: November 25, 2013, 03:58:29 pm »

Roll to Parent!

Any extra suggestions?
Why don't make it so that EVERY participant is a player? The parents, the children, the teachers, the bosses. Dice only determines the result of physical actions, but it would allow lickbooting techniques without the abstraction that the dice usually brings into play.

Just think about it. It may be glorious.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: November 25, 2013, 04:20:53 pm »

Roll to Parent!

Any extra suggestions?
Why don't make it so that EVERY participant is a player? The parents, the children, the teachers, the bosses. Dice only determines the result of physical actions, but it would allow lickbooting techniques without the abstraction that the dice usually brings into play.

Just think about it. It may be glorious.
IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.

You must do this, now.
The Derail Thread

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: November 25, 2013, 04:33:30 pm »

I kind of want to make a game that utilizes an inherency system. You live in a world where humans are extremely rare, evolution and cataclysm causing monster people to be much more prevalent. Any existing or mythological creature may be used, for instance:

My adventurer's father's parents are a Lamia and a Salamander. His mother's parents are a Fire elemental and a mage.
Choosing inherency, his father takes to the Lamia more and his mother takes to the Elemental more. My adventurer takes to his father more.

My body most closely resembles that of a Lamia, although I also have scaly arms and the ability to create fire from vents in my scales. I'm adept with both combat and magic, having high natural ability with fire magic and the indomitable spirit and strength of the Salamander, although my magic side is much more reliably powerful. Water and cold are very dangerous to me, as water heavily weakens me and cold saps my strength (I'm also cold blooded, and lose power the lower my body temprature drops). My scales aren't particularly armored, especially due to mage heritage.
---

People will likely have boatloads of power, and I'll assign stats less on balance and more on sense.
If the stats are Attack, Defense, Magic, Resistance, Speed, and Evasion, on a 1-8 scale (1 worst, 8 best) (1-12, actually, with level ups)

my example would have:
ATK: 5 (Average or better)
DEF: 3 (Somewhat lower than average.)
MAG: 7 (Very high for starting classes.)
RES: 7 (Also very high, magic resistance is high.)
SPD: 5 (Speedy, though not as active as previous gens)
EVA: 6 (Quick to escape, with snake slithering.)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: November 25, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »

I was thinking of running a post-apocalyptic game. I was thinking of running a family-based game as well (Since I was playing Crusader Kings 2 recently). Looking at this discussion gives me an idea... So, how about this.

Takes place after the nuclear apocalypse. You start out as a family in a bare fallout shelter. You can upgrade your house, make your kids go on missions to scavenge, etc. However, there's a genetics system in place as well as a mutation system. Mutations that you get are passed down to your kids.

Mutant dynasty post-apocalyptia RTD, anyone?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 04:51:40 pm by Fniff »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: November 25, 2013, 04:52:07 pm »

Sounds awesome.
Now we have radioactive Bay12 parenting.
The Derail Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: November 25, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »

Roll to Parent!

Any extra suggestions?

I find this to be a wonderful idea.

I was thinking of running a post-apocalyptic game. I was thinking of running a family-based game as well (Since I was playing Crusader Kings 2 recently). Looking at this discussion gives me an idea... So, how about this.

Takes place after the nuclear apocalypse. You start out as a family in a bare fallout shelter. You can upgrade your house, make your kids go on missions to scavenge, etc. However, there's a genetics system in place as well as a mutation system. Mutations that you get are passed down to your kids.

From a genetics point of view, mutations you get probably wouldn't get passed down to your kids. Then again, if we followed genetics here people would just get very dead very quickly. Also, you'd have to do year-long turns to keep things going, and post-apocalyptia isn't really too good for that sort of thing, as complicated day-to-day survival is one of the core prerequisites of the setting.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: November 25, 2013, 05:27:39 pm »

I was talking mutations in the "50s science" kinda way. The genetics system would probably be similar. Well, I was thinking of having year-long food storage being a large part of it. Anyway, it's just that apart from post-apocalyptic the only setting where a dynastic family would really matter would be either hicks (Which doesn't allow for the genetics system) and medieval fantasy (Which I personally don't like setting my RPs in as I don't really like GMing in the genre).

On another topic, I almost wrote "medieval fantasy" as "medical fantasy". Now there's an idea for an RTD!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: November 25, 2013, 05:42:09 pm »

I kind of want to make a game that utilizes an inherency system. You live in a world where humans are extremely rare, evolution and cataclysm causing monster people to be much more prevalent. Any existing or mythological creature may be used, for instance:

My adventurer's father's parents are a Lamia and a Salamander. His mother's parents are a Fire elemental and a mage.
Choosing inherency, his father takes to the Lamia more and his mother takes to the Elemental more. My adventurer takes to his father more.

My body most closely resembles that of a Lamia, although I also have scaly arms and the ability to create fire from vents in my scales. I'm adept with both combat and magic, having high natural ability with fire magic and the indomitable spirit and strength of the Salamander, although my magic side is much more reliably powerful. Water and cold are very dangerous to me, as water heavily weakens me and cold saps my strength (I'm also cold blooded, and lose power the lower my body temprature drops). My scales aren't particularly armored, especially due to mage heritage.
---

People will likely have boatloads of power, and I'll assign stats less on balance and more on sense.
If the stats are Attack, Defense, Magic, Resistance, Speed, and Evasion, on a 1-8 scale (1 worst, 8 best) (1-12, actually, with level ups)

my example would have:
ATK: 5 (Average or better)
DEF: 3 (Somewhat lower than average.)
MAG: 7 (Very high for starting classes.)
RES: 7 (Also very high, magic resistance is high.)
SPD: 5 (Speedy, though not as active as previous gens)
EVA: 6 (Quick to escape, with snake slithering.)

10/10 Would play.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: November 25, 2013, 06:53:59 pm »

Based on the Wild Cards setting created by /tg/, I've created a different random gun generator than the one I previously made. There's a fair bit more math involved though. Might want to read through those pages first, or this might make slightly less sense. Also this generator probably needs a lot of work still.
Spoiler: Stat Generation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stat Meanings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Generation (click to show/hide)
So, thoughts? Yes, its quite a wall of text. Yes there's a large amount of math involved. But any OTHER thoughts? New powers could easily be added or changed, so long as you don't use a real die.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: November 25, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

Now I want to do an PvE based on randomized guns...

But how do I make that fit with the whole "inheritence" theme?

Hmmmm...

HAHA. AHAHAHA. HA. HAHA, HA. WAHAHA? WAHAHA.

You somehow wind up in a super-soldier program. They inject two genetic slurries into you, mutating you and giving you great powers (read the post just before this one, about monster-people-inheritance-games). You're then handed a random gun, a randomized armor kit, and three random equipment items.

You have to work with some other people, and defeat waves of increasingly difficult enemies. Each wave that's defeated grants a level up and a modifier to one of your things, if a player dies/another comes in, they are made to match the level of the highest player, waves always match highest player level.

Player stats are simple:
VIT: Points here increase maximum health.
ABI: Points here increase maximum mana/ability points.
EVA: Points here affect how easy you are to actually hit.
---
Guns have various stats:
Damage: HP damage dealt upon a hit.
Accuracy: Affects at what range the gun is effective as well as it's overall accuracy.
Fire Rate: Affects how many shots you can fire in a single turn.
Magazine: How many shots you get before needing to reload.
---
Armor have these stats:
AV: Armor value. Takes over for HP, when depleted, the armor is broken.
REG: Regeneration, if applicable. If the armor is at full AV, it heals you for 1/2 the REG value.
WV: Weight value. Affects EVA. Higher values mean heavier armor, meaning less EVA. A value of 1 is the weight of cloth, which increases EVA by one point. At 2 and above, EVA is unaffected or reduced.
---
Equipment is always a medkit or a grenade.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #7364 on: November 25, 2013, 11:02:32 pm »

Posting to watch.
Since I hate boring PTWs, I thought I'd mention an idea I'd had recently.

So, the basic premise would be epic sword duels. Each fight would be in a cinematic area (sinking ship, in front of a volcano, etc.) which would influence the battle. Fights would be focused on gaining combat advantage and then striking a finishing blow, with people being able to fight offensively or defensively.

On character creation, people would get to pick a strength (such as being good at fighting defensively) and a weakness (having a bad leg that interferes with fighting defensively). Maybe people could gain more strengths as they won fights? Also, people could gain fame for winning, especially in an epic manner.

Does this sound at all interesting to people?

Also, this is an idea I'm going to make. It's not up for grabs.

I would play this. Games with that sort of rules system are very relevant to my interests.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 661