Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292991 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1935 on: December 07, 2013, 12:59:25 am »

Playing with Vibranium. I realized that if you pump some electricity into it, it goes into CRITICAL MELTDOWN mode after a few minutes of pretty oscillating current.

To defeat Captain America, apply lightning.

Powder Toy
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 07, 2013, 07:15:08 am »

Two Battle Copters, an Anti-Air, and a Recon/AA combo sent down to block his tertiary base capture was all it took for the enemy CO to surrender. We had barely gotten started!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 07, 2013, 09:08:07 pm »

Tournaments, so many tournaments. All of them my victory

EDIT: I blame King Ragnar, but i know it's my fault. Nonetheless I'm rich due to tournaments.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:13:27 pm by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 07, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »

First mission of my latest Ironman Impossible attempt. Down to my last recruit. Five turns in. Two dead, one critically wounded this turn. Recruit has one hitpoint left. About to RAEGQUIT. ;_;

Resigned to losing the first mission. Right up until recruit Ryan Keenan hits three 15% shots in a row to kill the last two sectoids. Three!

He's now an Assault. 52 Will, 59 Aim. I may never use him again, but he saved the life of another recruit, and for that, I salute him. He does Ireland and X-COM proud.

X-COM: Enemy Unknown. May the luck of the Irish be with you.
X-COM is so awesome, it'll give you 3 15% in a row, and then your 95% rocket launcher will explode in your face.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 08, 2013, 01:13:33 am »

The problem?

Either a long drawn out space race with my parts getting destroyed by spies, or a long drawn out chug to the last 10% ofthe req 52% of the landmass.  Either way I was well ahead.

The solution?

The UN Secretary-General seat and no less than 32 ICBMs.  And a few tactical nukes for good measure.  With nobody else in the world alive, I voted myself communist theocratic dictator and leader-of-the-world-neener-neener of America and won the 'diplomatic' way.

BTS
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:15:58 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 08, 2013, 02:25:22 am »

I unlocked 2 characters and almost beat the game in an utterly epic run as the Enforcer.  My goal was to beat the third level.  When I activated the 3rd level's teleporter, I my planted shield and set my back against a wall.  Cue a giant red stone colossus spawning and pinning me against the leftmost side of the level.  Me, and my 5 attack drones opened up, while a mass of enemies pressed in.  I used shield bashes, stun grenades, and dozens of shotgun blasts to push them back, while the colossus loomed over me.  The tide of ever respawning enemies brought my health down and down, even through my insane health regen (2 leech seeds, 3 meat chunks, and a monster tooth, and be aware that the leech effects apply to all the mob piercing damage Enforcer can do).  But my use item was the lantern that makes enemies flee.  With that up I could regen faster than I was damaged.  It became a tense race to survive long enough for its 40 second cooldown to finish and use it again.  After a while it became clear there were too many enemies, so I ran out under the cover of a stun grenade.  I then kited the enemies over a long plateau until there was nothing left.

This was the furthest I had ever gone.  The difficulty was at impossible, and I came to a magma level I had never seen.  I pretty much expected to die at this point.  To my dismay, the difficulty upped to "I CAN SEE YOU" and then "I AM COMING FOR YOU".  Then the difficulty meter started laughing at me.  And I started laughing right back, because I was fucking surviving.  My character had, with shields, almost a thousand health.  The more enemies came, the faster he regenerated, and I found 2 transfusions.  In the end, the only thing that did me in was the weird shape of what is presumably the second to last level, which caused a ton of new enemies to spawn before I figured out how to advance.  Also I learned that the shots of the robot enemies can pierce the environment when I tried to set my back to a wall that had a robot behind it.  Ah well, no regrets.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 08, 2013, 02:48:11 pm »

Blasted the bruiser brothers to bloody bits with my combat shotgun while kiting out of their line of sight and shooting in their general direction.

Quite satisfying to fire towards enemies and hear the demonic howls of pain as my shotgun's fantastic spread tears into them. Enemies can't even shoot back because they can't see me, and I technically can't see them.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 09, 2013, 01:41:26 pm »

Things were looking dire. Blue Moon forces were slowly but surely advancing on the northern front, and on the southern front they had brought in another Rocket battery trying to break the stalemate that I had only managed to enforce by virtue of a Neotank batallion, which were now repairing in a nearby city after suffering a surprise strike by Battle Copters. While I've managed to hold them off for now, it's only a matter of time before they'll break my lines and seize a definite advantage.

But then I notice something, a weakness in their ranks: All that's protecting my own forces from breaking past their lines and targeting their rocket batteries is a single infantry regiment that isn't even at full strength. But alas, my tank unit can't deal quite enough damage to take it down and give my Neotank a clear line to their artillery.

At least, that would be the case if I hadn't just finished fully charging Black Storm.

A single button press later and Blue Moon has lost fully 20% of their forces, while I've replenished my Neotank batallion to full strength, and a B. Copter squadron to half strength. The light tanks move in and take out the cannon fodder, the Neotanks take out half their rockets in a single salvo, and the other half is crippled by the copters. With their long-range capabilities all but gone and the rest of their frontline units weakened, the rest of the Black Hole forces pressed on and started cleaning up, prompting the Blue Moon CO to surrender in the same turn.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:46:29 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:03 pm »

After a long gruesome campaign, I've managed to won Enemy Within with just four soldiers on classic difficulty. The regular classes with lots of gene mods. I think the hardest mission was probably the first EXALT covert op, because the operatives were really tanky and I didn't have enough firepower or enough shots to take them all down. Luckily I had rockets at the time. So now I have three fancy new achievements and plenty of time to start playing with MEC's again.

Ready or not Ironman Impossible, here I come. (Please be ready with the coffins)

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:46 pm »

After a long gruesome campaign, I've managed to won Enemy Within with just four soldiers on classic difficulty. The regular classes with lots of gene mods. I think the hardest mission was probably the first EXALT covert op, because the operatives were really tanky and I didn't have enough firepower or enough shots to take them all down. Luckily I had rockets at the time. So now I have three fancy new achievements and plenty of time to start playing with MEC's again.

Ready or not Ironman Impossible, here I come. (Please be ready with the coffins)

The coffins will cost you 45.   It will cost more if you lose a second soldier.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 11, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »

My first EXALT mission involved large amounts of rockets and a no ammo MEC running around punching people.  So... yeah.  My idea of "covert ops" isn't exactly covert.  I also had a mission where I took out four consecutive coms relays one turn after another, so that EXALT had to go four turns unable to shoot.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »

Decided to make the Sandpipe line of Hunting Horns. Upgraded it all the way up to the second-to-last form, and decided to take it out and have some fun.

Suddenly, I understand this weapon. Much better than I understand, say, the switch axe or the gunlance. This.. IS MY DESTINY

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 14, 2013, 11:35:09 am »

Just created a matter-generator in the powder toy, it used a black hole and protons to generate noble gases, uranium, and plutonium. There was a hydrogen byproduct.

it was amazing!

... then I forgot to save it D:
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 14, 2013, 07:28:29 pm »

Just created a matter-generator in the powder toy, it used a black hole and protons to generate noble gases, uranium, and plutonium. There was a hydrogen byproduct.

it was amazing!

... then I forgot to save it D:
So powder toy does fusion, then?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 14, 2013, 08:25:14 pm »

oh wow powder toy sure has come a long way since i last messed around with it...
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 709