Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292936 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5295 on: December 24, 2015, 08:14:06 pm »

Destroyed AAAALL of the hostile vehicles on my first attempt. Pretty good going considering I was flipping my shit the whole time and had to steal a guided rocket launcher so that I could take down a helicopter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Next, you have to steal instead of destroying.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: December 24, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »

My R&D game isn't stronk enough for that yet. But soon.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: December 24, 2015, 08:16:38 pm »

Playing Embassy - Hunt Mode. I, with a LMG, got taken down fairly early along with two other guys, so I zotted the last bot. Killed all but two of the insurgents before locating their weapons cache. Lucky for me, this bot had an M4 with a grenade launcher. It took three of my four shots to destroy the cache(first was too close, didn't explode).

Spent several tense minutes sweeping the rest of the embassy looking for the last two insurgents. Circled around to where the cache was when I start taking fire behind me. I duck behind the corner, spotting both of them. I switch to my last grenade, pop out of cover, and fire. ...And the target was too close, and it didn't explode. It did nail the guy in the balls, killing him, and I was able to shoot the other one in the kneecap for the win.

Wait... so you complete the objective, and then you ALSO have to take out all the enemies?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: December 24, 2015, 09:17:09 pm »

Yes. One time I did it, I killed all the Insurgents(by myself, team was dead), but had not explosives to destroy the cache. So I picked up an RPG, fired it a bit too close to the cache, destroying it and myself. The game was scored as a tie.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: December 24, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

Playing Embassy - Hunt Mode. I, with a LMG, got taken down fairly early along with two other guys, so I zotted the last bot. Killed all but two of the insurgents before locating their weapons cache. Lucky for me, this bot had an M4 with a grenade launcher. It took three of my four shots to destroy the cache(first was too close, didn't explode).

Spent several tense minutes sweeping the rest of the embassy looking for the last two insurgents. Circled around to where the cache was when I start taking fire behind me. I duck behind the corner, spotting both of them. I switch to my last grenade, pop out of cover, and fire. ...And the target was too close, and it didn't explode. It did nail the guy in the balls, killing him, and I was able to shoot the other one in the kneecap for the win.

Wait... so you complete the objective, and then you ALSO have to take out all the enemies?

In Hunt yes. You have to take out 15-25 insurgents  and blow up their supply cache.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: December 25, 2015, 12:17:25 am »

And now to interrupt this discussion with a pretty old own.

The score is 0-4 in capture the flag, the enemy needs only one more cap to win. Unfortunately, someone already grabbed the flag. Incapable of pursuing the carrier directly, I try to intercept him at his base. Sadly though, I made a small blunder and fell into a lake.

Trapped underwater with no jetpack fuel and the carrier almost at the flag stand, I decide to fire my thumper. The explosive projectile escapes the water and...

Airmail

The carrier is killed and I picked up the flag as it falls to the ground, saving the game and buying us some more time. Sadly though we lose anyway, but it was still an awesome kill.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 06:33:38 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5301 on: December 25, 2015, 06:47:25 am »

If you didin't spam VGS, you aren't worthy of playing this game.

SHAZBOT.
 SHAZBOT.
  SHAZBOT.
   SHAZBOT.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: December 25, 2015, 07:12:09 am »

And now to interrupt this discussion with a pretty old own.

The score is 0-4 in capture the flag, the enemy needs only one more cap to win. Unfortunately, someone already grabbed the flag. In capable of persuing the carrier directly, I try to intercept him at his base. Sadly though, I made a small blunder and fall into a lake.

Trapped underwater with no jetpack fuel and the carrier almost at the flag stand, I decide to fire my thumper. The explosive projectile escapes the water and...

Airmail

The carrier is killed and I picked up the flag as it falls to the ground, saving the game and buying us some more time. Sadly though we lose anyway, but it was still an awesome kill.

Any player worth his salt knows that airshots are what movement FPSs are all about.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:13:50 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: December 25, 2015, 07:51:03 pm »

As it turns out, the Loader can have indefinite invincibility with the right upgrades. This ends up making the game laughably easy, even when the difficulty is at "Ha Ha Ha".

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: December 25, 2015, 08:53:34 pm »

As it turns out, the Loader can have indefinite invincibility with the right upgrades. This ends up making the game laughably easy, even when the difficulty is at "Ha Ha Ha".

Wicked ring and stacking crit chance and attack speed is pretty broken for any character, but Loader is particularly noteworthy because of his invincibility skill.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: December 25, 2015, 09:00:26 pm »

It also helps that the Loader has a main weapon with area of effect, so it's never overwhelmed by swarms of enemies.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: December 25, 2015, 09:24:32 pm »

Took several tries, but I took down an assassin that ambushed me in my own ship.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: December 25, 2015, 09:26:07 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5308 on: December 25, 2015, 09:26:16 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: December 25, 2015, 09:31:58 pm »

Hey, I did a third of the work! :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 709