Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292542 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8700 on: June 29, 2018, 11:14:17 am »

Actual ownage this time.

I bought Viper Defence Mk.II on Boston Base, Barnards Star, but did not have enough money to buy an autopilot.
OK, I said, I will just pilot manually to a dock in Sol, sell some Farm machinery and buy an autopilot. Little did I know, how difficult that would be.

The closest shipyard from my hyperspace exit was Daedalos, orbiting Mercury, so I set forth.

After two sticky keys incidents, I was left with only a tiny bit of fuel left. But I continued on.
I eventually caught up to Mercury and since I was in a different plane than Daedalos, I decided to enter orbit first.
After doing so, I did manage to plane shift to Daedalos' plane and dock. (Incurring 11.2% hull damage in the process).

I did not make money on that run. In fact, I lost money.
But I successfuly flew through an entire system without autopilot!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: June 29, 2018, 11:49:11 am »

Yeah, the scaling in that game was so bad. It was honestly better to stay at level 1 the whole game and never level then it is to actually play it properly.

I used to play with a (made it myself) mod that that set your level to 50, and maxed all skills and attributes. The beginning of the game was pretty hard, as the enemies hit like trucks, and you had no good weapons to return the favor. Once you got a good weapon you were golden though.

My favorite outfit was Shadowrend (sword version) and a robe. Staying alive was a bit harder this way, but it made the combat more ... exciting. The hardest part of the game was keeping allies alive, and for that I had setav health 10000

Anyway, I finally managed to unveil the Riven mod I got through The War Within, and it actually is decent. It is for a pretty good machine gun, and has good but not great stats (multishot and damage, on an LMG). I think I'll keep it even though it is worth a few hundred platinum and requires MR 15 (the weapon requires MR 14), when I'm only MR 8. It will be useful down the road.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: June 29, 2018, 04:56:53 pm »

Second battle against Lubella, The Witch of Decay. Took a few tries, but I was able to slap her breasts around and not take any damage the whole fight. Also, poison arrows(which you can buy just before the fight) affect her, and cause damage even while she's doing her off-screen attack. Got a neat passive item for the no-damage win, which gives you slight health recovery on every kill.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: June 29, 2018, 07:03:59 pm »

Ah, brings back good memories of doing that fight and the people watching being like "wow, seriously?"
Also the fight where I learned the poison arrows can poison yourself, too. :V
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: June 29, 2018, 08:06:11 pm »

...Yeah, I learned that too. Also breaks a no-damage fight, as does anything you use that spends HP, like the Cursed Missive or Black Satchet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: June 29, 2018, 08:39:57 pm »

Oh yeah, I bet my intense love for the Cursed Missive is probably why I never found out that there were 0-damage rewards.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: June 29, 2018, 10:35:21 pm »

Anyway, I finally managed to unveil the Riven mod I got through The War Within, and it actually is decent. It is for a pretty good machine gun, and has good but not great stats (multishot and damage, on an LMG). I think I'll keep it even though it is worth a few hundred platinum and requires MR 15 (the weapon requires MR 14), when I'm only MR 8. It will be useful down the road.

If you got a good riven for the opticor(my favorite weapon of all time) I am going to find some way to reach across the internet to you then find some way to reach into your computer to then find some way to steal that riven out of your data files to replace it with this -fire rate grakata riven mod I stumbled across.  So I can hug it and squeeze it and love it and call it George.

Oh and also so I can install it into my Navy Blue opticor and become BFG Zephyr.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:39:08 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: June 29, 2018, 10:42:03 pm »

-fire rate grakata riven

Thanks, Satan
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: June 29, 2018, 11:26:14 pm »

If you got a good riven for the opticor(my favorite weapon of all time) I am going to find some way to reach across the internet to you then find some way to reach into your computer to then find some way to steal that riven out of your data files to replace it with this -fire rate grakata riven mod I stumbled across.  So I can hug it and squeeze it and love it and call it George.

Oh and also so I can install it into my Navy Blue opticor and become BFG Zephyr.

Kind of offtopic but i got a riven with +200% dmg +100% multishot +50% greneer -50% crit that i was thinking on selling but i dont know if its worth keeping.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: June 29, 2018, 11:32:47 pm »

I have finally created the Principality of Italy, which is really just the Empire of Italy ruled by the gilded fist of the Venetian Republic. While my control on the peninsula is not complete, I still call it a grand enough victory that I might sit upon my laurels and rest.

Deus Vult!

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: June 30, 2018, 02:12:06 am »

If you got a good riven for the opticor

Nope, it is for the Supra. The *good* version of the Supra is MR 14, not sure what the normal one is.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: June 30, 2018, 10:08:48 am »

Second battle against Lubella, The Witch of Decay. Took a few tries, but I was able to slap her breasts around and not take any damage the whole fight. Also, poison arrows(which you can buy just before the fight) affect her, and cause damage even while she's doing her off-screen attack. Got a neat passive item for the no-damage win, which gives you slight health recovery on every kill.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: June 30, 2018, 10:49:28 am »

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: June 30, 2018, 04:02:28 pm »

Landed a meme (AKA meteor) hammer hit on two people who weren't CCed in any manner.  At a pretty important moment too.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: July 01, 2018, 07:06:50 am »

Somehow, it feels wrong for a biplane to be out-maneuvered by a B-34 bomber. Pretty sure the biplane pilot felt the same way as my bomber's noseguns ripped his plane apart during my second pass.

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 709