Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292533 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8685 on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:00 am »

Spoiler: Two large images (click to show/hide)

Hera Hemaina survived alone for about 200 turns, killing the last 3 sectoids and the last cyberdisc.

The cyberdisc with proximity grenades, 1 of the sectoids with UAC Rifle, other two with High explosives.

OpenXcom, obviously.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: June 27, 2018, 09:27:58 am »

UAC rifle?

What mods were you using?

And how’d you lose so many to be down to the last unit?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: June 27, 2018, 09:51:31 am »

Got my hands on the Dark Souls remaster

Managed to kill the first black knight you encounter, through a lot of silly chasing, 20 damage axe blows, and a handful of black firebombs.

It was anything but graceful, but at least he gave me his sword, which I hear is a rare drop to get, esp. first thing in the game.
I remember that guy. When I first killed him, I did it by learning to parry each and every one of his attacks.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: June 27, 2018, 10:18:40 am »

UAC rifle?

What mods were you using?

And how’d you lose so many to be down to the last unit?

The X-Com Files modpack.

I lost so many because
A) Cyberdiscs are almost bulletproof, even if a shot from UAC Rifle is three pellets 40 AP dmg each.
B) I was not prepared, most people only had (business) suits
         Even Hera was in an Alloy Vest rather than Personal Armor. And she survived because she was not hit, not because it would be protective.
C) A person being midcontrolled decreases morale of everybody else. Luckily, the 25th person to die killed the Sectoid {Leader?}. The 26th paincked after 25ths death and ran into a proxy grenade.

The fact that sectoids have telekinetic shields did not actually help them much, but it is there as well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:20:44 am by Mathel »
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: June 28, 2018, 12:27:30 am »

I finally finished Elder Scrolls:Arena. It was fun, but very repetitive. At least I can start Daggerfall now.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: June 28, 2018, 05:56:12 am »

I finally finished Elder Scrolls:Arena. It was fun, but very repetitive. At least I can start Daggerfall now.

I'll always love Morrowind the most. Game was the dopest shit. I never quite finished the main quest the proper way. Though I beat 80% of all the quests in the game.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: June 28, 2018, 10:06:20 am »

I feel like morrowind is one of those rare games where there still might be something hidden somewhere that nobody has noticed.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: June 28, 2018, 10:11:55 am »

As an aside to that, Khajiit and Argonians had hilarious walking sneak animations in Morrowind.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: June 28, 2018, 12:42:34 pm »

As an aside to that, Khajiit and Argonians had hilarious walking sneak animations in Morrowind.

Let's hope Skywind maybe get's completed one day
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: June 28, 2018, 04:50:27 pm »

With 2 x 24 stacks of Westphalian troops and some few thousand allied troops, I've successfully fought Austria the Emperor of HRE, grinding through its 11 x 20 stacks and 400k manpower till white peace. Patience and extraordinary generals was the key.

Few years later, Karl II von Hessen of Westphalia was elected the new Holy Roman Emperor, while Austria wails in shame, its lands now ravaged by nationalists, revolutionaries and heretics.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: June 28, 2018, 08:28:47 pm »

I applaud your bravery in bothering to finish Arena before moving on to Daggerfall. I've been thinking about attempting a let's play of it, since it would likely be more interesting than Daggerfall due to being (in my opinion) one of the more assy entries in the series, but other than that I wouldn't be able to handle playing the entire thing.

But yeah, at any rate, Daggerfall is a lot more interesting for normal playing, and introduced quite a few features which became standard in later entries, but beware the Bugs. They'll get you in your sleep if you're not careful. Always be using the latest patch, and be sure to keep backups of your saves. A save without a backup is a Bug's natural prey.

To be fair, they have hilarious animations in general

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: June 28, 2018, 09:40:13 pm »

IIRC, Arena (Daggerfall?) Khajiit also have the lovely option of appearing as Bosmer.  Which is lore supported.  In fact I was just rereading some Prequel comic, and someone said it something Azura did because she loves cats.  I can believe it.

I actually enjoyed Arena for a couple of evenings, a couple years ago.  It's impressive how big the world is, and even how big the cities are, at first.  Even though it's (almost) all obviously procedurally generated and therefore all the detail is "meaningless", it was pretty fun for a while.  Much like Morrowind, I immediately lost track of and forgot about the "main story", and just wandered around a nifty fantasy world.  Making my way by scavenging and fighting, then "retiring" (losing interest).

Actually I've been meaning to post about Oblivion here, for a while.  I've been replaying it occasionally for about a month, with a goal of leveling perfectly up to 20 (The minimum to complete the capstone Daedra quest, of Hermaeus Mora, which I've never done). 

I'm still clearing the other Daedric quests, which are all prerequired, but in the meantime I finally visited Kvatch.  At level 21.  Let me tell you:  The developers knew people like me would do this, and they hate us.  They are the jilted GM who is so sick of you burning taverns and establishing crime rings, and finally goes "ROCKS FALL".  Except that the rocks don't land on you, no.  You are required to destroy the rocks, by which I mean ridiculous HP-sponges.  You are largely required to destroy them all.

Sidenote:  Hand-to-hand does not scale properly into late game content.  Particularly with also specialize in blocking - blocking with unarmed does not actually reduce the damage you take.

I had 100 Endurance (started with a female redguard with endurance under The Lady, AKA the max Endurance start, because the boosts to HP are *not* retroactive as you train Endurance.  Levelled it ASAP)
100 Intelligence, 100 Willpower, 100 Strength.

And all but the Strength was basically useless against literally several dozen EACH of Spiderdemons and Storm Atronachs, neither of which can be paralyzed by my magic.  I had a "potent" shock spell, but it only really cleared out the countless Daedroths and Xivilai, who largely didn't matter because they *were* paralyzed.

I had to punch all those storm atronachs and spider daedra.  I had to punch them a lot.  Despite levelling literally perfectly, not wasting a single attribute point (unless you count 4 into luck), it was a slog.  In the end it was the 80 speed, 97 acrobatics, and 60 athletics that brought me victory.  When you literally have to kite or hide on top of geometry, nothing else compares.

(I know I would be absurdly powerful with custom-enchanted equipment.  I have a save from years ago proving that.  It's hilariously broken, heh.)

Attributes: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1425761105
My "Major" skills, many of which were chosen specifically to avoid: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1425761150
Lettuce: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1425763648

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: June 29, 2018, 01:02:00 am »

That picture is glorious.

You think that's bad... imagine if your only good combat skill is archery.  And you leveled up non-combat skills like pickpocketing higher than your combat skills.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: June 29, 2018, 02:11:09 am »

You think that's bad... imagine if your only good combat skill is archery.  And you leveled up non-combat skills like pickpocketing higher than your combat skills.
Yeah, the scaling in that game was so bad. It was honestly better to stay at level 1 the whole game and never level then it is to actually play it properly.

Despite its flaws I did love the game to death though. Amongst other things I made a custom paralyze for two seconds on target spell. Amusingly *any* paralyze duration causes the target to fall over and spend ~3 seconds getting up afterwards, so I could just cast it, hit them for 5 seconds, then cast it again over and over forever since my mana had long since regenerated.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: June 29, 2018, 04:37:26 am »

Yeah, the scaling in that game was so bad. It was honestly better to stay at level 1 the whole game and never level then it is to actually play it properly.

Despite its flaws I did love the game to death though. Amongst other things I made a custom paralyze for two seconds on target spell. Amusingly *any* paralyze duration causes the target to fall over and spend ~3 seconds getting up afterwards, so I could just cast it, hit them for 5 seconds, then cast it again over and over forever since my mana had long since regenerated.

It is however very annoying when spider daedra paralyse you, for the very same reason. Not only you fall over and can not defend yourself for a while, but as you are standing back up, they can reparalyse you, causing you to fall over again.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 709