Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1169404 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2011, 10:13:43 pm »

surface animalmen are clearly defined in df, they are animals "blessed" into humanoidness by the spirit of the forest. i'm guessing wereanimals are humanoids cursed into animalness by the evil spirits of evil regions

Where? I've never seen that before.

threetoes's root. apparently my guess about wereanimals was off, though

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »

Oh I sincerely hope we get to do some desecration in adventure mode, complete with angry gods/churches and shit.

Oh, who am I kidding. There's gonna be desecrations going on as soon as this release is out- I should have said I hope that the game recognizes them as such and takes appropriate action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 25, 2011, 10:31:57 pm »

With this "cursing turning into were-creature" thing, I'm just wondering...

Can it turn you into a kobold? I would like that a lot :P

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 25, 2011, 11:43:50 pm »

Haha neat were-creatures. I can easely see the Humans mistaking the Animal-people for Theriantropes.

Can weres-somethings breed with each other respecktive theyr former spouses or do they do they do it like the hags etc. and turn someone? Also how fast is the change and when will the infected person realisize that s/he is cursed? Can they control there power/were-form (maybe depending on theyr willpower)? Will they have a chance to get cured?

A Dweor/were/ale-wolf hunt in a city will be something neat. 1 Beastie and 5K suspects. Better yet then the Dweor/were/ale-wolf has control over her/him-self during the transformed period your truly fucked because it could hunt you down, could present substitutes to trick you or use theyr power to get advantages. Take a priest preachin about the Dweor/were/ale-wolf as some sort of heavenly punishment. I really hope at some we get the AI for that XD. Or the drunk you hired turns out to be such a beastie.

I cant wait to see Dweor/were/ale-wolf to get the power over the undead (And Goblins ^^) if they arent excluded from the other Worldgen stuff.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:41 am »

Cursemon: gonna catch 'em all.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2011, 03:00:14 am »

I just know a lot of adventurers will go pee in the holy water font as soon as this release hits, expecting to be "cursed" with some majestic and fearsome alternate form, only to end up as a were-lemming, were-butterfly or somesuch...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2011, 03:08:42 am »

Or a werewambler.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2011, 03:46:42 am »

Are you kidding ? The chance to destroy half the world with the body of a terrifying wambler ? I would gladly go with that only for the mental pictures.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:33 am »

threetoes's root. apparently my guess about wereanimals was off, though
Root is just one story that may become possible in the future, but that doesn't mean that it will be the only origin possible for animalmen.

Are you kidding ? The chance to destroy half the world with the body of a terrifying wambler ? I would gladly go with that only for the mental pictures.
You'd need someone to throw you, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2011, 05:18:29 am »

Randomly generated wereforms. Awesome.

"stay back! On the full moon of each month I turn into a... "
"A what!?"
"A WERE-PLUMP-HELMET-MAN!"

DUN DUN DDDDUUUUHHHNNNNNNN!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 26, 2011, 06:25:31 am »

Randomly generated wereforms. Awesome.

"stay back! On the full moon of each month I turn into a... "
"A what!?"
"A WERE-PLUMP-HELMET-MAN!"

DUN DUN DDDDUUUUHHHNNNNNNN!

"I know what you are..."
"Say it! Say it out loud!"
"A... Night Creature"
*Dramatic chipmunk*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 26, 2011, 06:45:44 am »

I accept it may not be in this version, and may not be done until religion is put into the game in more detail, but PLEASE allow adventurers to profane temples, masacre monks and priestesses, steel relics, and drink sacred wine.

Also will there be a way to lift curses?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 26, 2011, 07:10:27 am »

It's kind of looking like not, at this point, other than at the point of a weapon. Every curse has a vulnerability, but it's of the deadly variety.

While I'm sure curing curses is important once you have them, a lot of fun things in DF have no decent recourse right now, like extracts and syndromes. I think it would be semi difficult to write procedural outs for these curses, and Toady isn't going to default to something simple like a priest you talk to, who'd cure you for lots coins.

So I'd expect to be able to remove curses at some point, probably just not now. Because the expectation is not just curing your curse, but other people's curses and that will take time to sort out how it will work, and remain fun and interestingly designed.

I mean, if a world gen figure defiles a temple in world gen, the thing they would have to do to uncurse themselves (or you uncurse them) would require some attention from Toady. And it seems like in general, most of the curses aren't really intended to be cured.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:10:40 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:51 am »

Will getting cursed for desecrating a temple bestow immortality on the defiler?  Otherwise, I don't expect to see many of the werebeasts around in adventure mode.  Well, not unless they breed more of themselves somehow.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2011, 10:34:31 am »

Will getting cursed for desecrating a temple bestow immortality on the defiler?  Otherwise, I don't expect to see many of the werebeasts around in adventure mode.  Well, not unless they breed more of themselves somehow.

Well the idea is that desecrating temples is the way the curse gets into the world. From there the Lycanthropes should be able to spread the curse to their victims.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 298