Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254477 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8280 on: January 27, 2012, 06:50:30 pm »

If you're talking about Akylon's, it's been turned off for the weekend or something...

Everybody!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: January 27, 2012, 09:01:36 pm »

If you're talking about Akylon's, it's been turned off for the weekend or something...

At where I'm at:

Internet access: yes.
Router password: no. And it flips out with hamachi, but if I can get that to work I'll post it here. Otherwise it'll be down until I'm back home with my  more sensible/configurable router.

Why does everyone always misspel my name~
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: January 27, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »

I'm starting to feel like hardmode is kind of taped onto the game, and that it's kind of a dead end. It doesn't quite fit in and it just kind of feels.. not as open as it was before hardmode.

Yeah, agreed. hardmode destroys all the "natural" biomes unless you make a point to painstakingly safeguard them all BEFORE activating it. Once the novelty wears off, hardmode actually limits your options pretty much everywhere. It actually makes building in a building game annoying to do.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: January 27, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »

I'm starting to feel like hardmode is kind of taped onto the game, and that it's kind of a dead end. It doesn't quite fit in and it just kind of feels.. not as open as it was before hardmode.

Yeah, agreed. hardmode destroys all the "natural" biomes unless you make a point to painstakingly safeguard them all BEFORE activating it. Once the novelty wears off, hardmode actually limits your options pretty much everywhere. It actually makes building in a building game annoying to do.

I've actually been pretty happy with it.  I've been running the same world and played heavily for the first 3 weeks or so after the 1.1 patch came out, and 4-5 hours a week since then with my kid.  It's been on hard mode for a long time, and still has every biome intact, without having taken any major steps towards conservation.  I've just kept some seeds from each one in storage in case they do get wiped out, but they haven't.  The world still feels really diverse and interesting.  There's a definite flavor of corruption/hallow being a threat to all the more natural stuff, but there are very resilient pockets of natural desert/jungle/etc out there to be found.  There's a large jungle area that I'm kind of fond of, because you have to travel a good distance east through hell and then it's just up from there and goes about halfway to the surface.  It just feels appropriate that those biomes would cling to survival in remote areas where you can discover them like hidden paradises.

I've finished collecting almost all the endgame stuff now, though.  I think it's about time to build a secret base for myself and place traps all over the map to catch all the other people who log in now and then by surprise.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: January 28, 2012, 06:16:22 am »

I haven't touched this game since clowns were implemented. I absolutely refuse to do anything even if there's the 0.0001% chance that it'll get griefed. Why on earth did they think a mob made to grief players would be fun. If people wanted that, they'd just play multiplayer.

I want my giant, mapwide constructions to be left alone thank you very much. The last thing I need is a random clown blowing up the support of a cathedral ceiling in which I have no way to reach.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: January 28, 2012, 06:47:21 am »

There are plenty of materials they can't blow up.  May mess with your designs, but still.  If you're mainly concerned with construction, you can also just avoid activating hardmode.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: January 28, 2012, 07:10:43 am »

What? Another server down?

Where I'm supposed to built villages and other stuffs now ;^;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8287 on: January 28, 2012, 07:52:53 am »

I haven't touched this game since clowns were implemented. I absolutely refuse to do anything even if there's the 0.0001% chance that it'll get griefed. Why on earth did they think a mob made to grief players would be fun. If people wanted that, they'd just play multiplayer.

I want my giant, mapwide constructions to be left alone thank you very much. The last thing I need is a random clown blowing up the support of a cathedral ceiling in which I have no way to reach.

I haven't had a problem with clowns really. They've blown up some dirt and sand but thats pretty much it. And won't building stuff during blood moon be already annoying enough? Just go kill stuff or gather up deathweed/corrupt grass during Blood Moon.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: January 28, 2012, 07:58:41 am »

I thought clowns would sit lobbing bombs at your shit even if you were just hiding?
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: January 28, 2012, 09:42:15 am »

Found the router password on the side of the router~
Ze port, it is forwarded.
Ze Server, it does not need to wait now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8290 on: January 28, 2012, 09:59:44 am »

I thought clowns would sit lobbing bombs at your shit even if you were just hiding?
They most likely do, thats why you go away from your base during blood moon. Get corrupt grass seeds or deathweed seeds, since both drop only during blood moon. Or go kill mosnters. Or drink a battle potion, and hide under a mobfarmer.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: January 28, 2012, 10:08:03 am »

Don't activate hardmode. If you're just in it for building, then Hardmode won't give you anything new except Pearlstone, Pearlsand and Ebonsand. And since sand is really shitty for building, really only Pearlstone.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: January 28, 2012, 10:15:20 am »

Don't activate hardmode. If you're just in it for building, then Hardmode won't give you anything new except Pearlstone, Pearlsand and Ebonsand. And since sand is really shitty for building, really only Pearlstone.

Pearlsand is needed to make pearlbricks.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: January 28, 2012, 10:15:35 am »

I came back to this game due to all the new content, but it's extremely frustrating. For some reason the selected item keeps switching. It usually changes to whatever is in the 8th slot, but sometimes other things. I have accidentally used tons of potions this way, and it has gotten me killed in more then one situation.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: January 28, 2012, 10:17:47 am »

I came back to this game due to all the new content, but it's extremely frustrating. For some reason the selected item keeps switching. It usually changes to whatever is in the 8th slot, but sometimes other things. I have accidentally used tons of potions this way, and it has gotten me killed in more then one situation.

1. Writing numbers on signs/in chat changes activate inventory slot to the number's slot.
2. Gamepad going crazy?
3. Make sure you're not clicking a hotkey used to drink potions.

Actually your best bet will be to check your hotkey bindings in Options, something might've been borked.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:33:38 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 887