Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254362 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9975 on: October 05, 2013, 08:40:35 am »

My server will be down for a bit, doing some maintenance on the machine. Sorry for the unexpected downtime.
Servers back up now

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: October 05, 2013, 09:26:29 am »

I'm torn between running a large world to get as many features as possible in a single one versus running multiple smaller worlds so that it is easier to get around in. I guess I need multiple worlds anyway since some features are exclusive (corruption vs. blood, not sure if there are other examples).

On another note, defeated a goblin army and go 0 spiked balls. They were pretty useless before but have they been removed entirely? Do they only drop from goblins during the night?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: October 05, 2013, 09:26:58 am »

Looks more like a 1 in 4000 chance.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: October 05, 2013, 09:58:06 am »

Repeating due to serious lack of fun potential.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix my scrolling problem? Basically I cannot scroll through the toolbar unless I spin the wheel very fast, but even then it only goes one space in either direction. It's making fighting bosses VERY hard.
You can click, you know, right?  Many people don't even have mousewheels, stop being so distraught over something so little.  Number keys select hotbar, clicking goes through crafting.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: October 05, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »

I'm torn between running a large world to get as many features as possible in a single one versus running multiple smaller worlds so that it is easier to get around in. I guess I need multiple worlds anyway since some features are exclusive (corruption vs. blood, not sure if there are other examples).

On another note, defeated a goblin army and go 0 spiked balls. They were pretty useless before but have they been removed entirely? Do they only drop from goblins during the night?

The exclusive features don't seem too big, thus far. Corruption and Crimson have very similar loot, though you won't get Worm Teeth (for the piercing arrows) or Corrupted Mushrooms from the Crimson. Then again, Jester Arrows are now craftable, so this loss isn't that huge. The normal-mode alternate ores really don't matter much; I've heard the hardmode ores might matter a bit more, but I haven't triggered hardmode yet so I can't say for certain.  ;)

Spiked balls still drop - I got ~35 from my first invasion, which was during the day. That said, there are definitely fewer of them dropping. Maybe you just got really unlucky?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: October 05, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »

Crimson armor and weapons seem to be a tiny bit stronger, and their bosses a tiny bit harder.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9981 on: October 05, 2013, 12:23:18 pm »

What? The big brain is a pushover if you can get any kind of bouncing projectile and fight him in a box.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25:28 pm »

Yeah, brain is pretty darned easy. Simple enough to fight underground with minimal setup.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9983 on: October 05, 2013, 12:35:40 pm »

Anyone on my server, I'm taking the Crimson world down for now. It will be back later. The main world will stay up.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: October 05, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »

The brain is fine, but he can be slightly harder for an early character because he's less predictable.  Without preparation I'd say he's easier than the eater, but with an arena built I'd say that eater is the easier one
The exclusive features don't seem too big, thus far. Corruption and Crimson have very similar loot, though you won't get Worm Teeth (for the piercing arrows) or Corrupted Mushrooms from the Crimson. Then again, Jester Arrows are now craftable, so this loss isn't that huge. The normal-mode alternate ores really don't matter much; I've heard the hardmode ores might matter a bit more, but I haven't triggered hardmode yet so I can't say for certain.  ;)

Living trees, proper ice biomes (with their own loot), very rare desert pyramids with their own loot, the jungle temple with all it has to offer (temple size is affected by total world size)...   As far as the hardmode ores go, from what I can tell they have higher defense than the standard ores, but smaller percentage bonuses to damage/critchance/ammo usage and whatnot.  To compensate, they have special set bonus abilities, like increasing regen while fighting, giving a special dodge chance, or spewing piercing leaves at enemies.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: October 05, 2013, 12:58:56 pm »

Most of the new stuff is very late game, is what I've seen from experience.

Here's my in-progress home base:

Hardmode bunker:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Farm:

Various misc rooms:

Watchtower:

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: October 05, 2013, 01:04:20 pm »

Asphalt is glorious and wonderful. I wish it was easier to use :-\
I've made a floating ship stuck in an iceberg. The ice surface is my takeoff point with rocket boots, umbrella, and ice skates. Instant acceleration to maximum speed, traverse half the map in one long leap. I'm not sure how asphalt works, however.

Also, has anyone tried the roasted marshmallows? I think I'm going to stock myself up.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: October 05, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »

Sandstorm in a bottles are far too rare. I'm starting to wonder what happens to all the guides on all the worlds I've deleted looking for one.

Does he dream?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: October 05, 2013, 02:01:32 pm »

... I found one in the first pyramid hunting world I created.

Mind you, I did hit up like five pyramids before it showed up, but... yeah. Large world = many, many pyramids. Apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: October 05, 2013, 02:02:56 pm »

Sandstorm in a bottles are far too rare. I'm starting to wonder what happens to all the guides on all the worlds I've deleted looking for one.

Where do you think all the guides sacrificed to wall of flesh farming go? You monster.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 887