Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261528 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10395 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:13 pm »

It appears there has been a patch. More than a bugfix.
Huh, apparently the slower Corruption/Crimson/Hallow spread is intentional, but it's supposed to be after you defeat Plantera, instead of ANY hardmode boss.

Hardmode Dungeon Monsters will now only spawn after Plantera has been defeated

This is an awesome change. Can't rush for Spectre armor now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: October 09, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

Technically, it's possible to play entirely on one world. Most of the replaced content is very similar to the original content - Tin is only a tiny bit better than Copper, the Crimson is very similar to Corruption, etc. So long as you're lucky enough to get a pyramid with a Sandstorm in a Bottle, you can play the entire game on one world without missing out on anything major.

This isn't entirely true.  First of all, there is only one creature in the game that drops vitamins; one of the ingredients used in making an ankh shield.  That creature is the corruptor, so you CANNOT make an ankh or ankh shield without at least some corruption in your world (Note: Regardless of whether or not your world has corruption, the Dryad will still sell corrupt seeds during blood moons.  You can then seed a patch of corruption in a crimson world and farm it for vitamins and such).

And while that does have a workaround, there is no workaround for the hardmode ore differences, which are more significant than the pre-hardmode ores.  Palladium, Orichalcum and Titanium all have special set bonuses that are quite unlike the ones provided by the pre-1.2 ores.  In general, they provide higher defense and lower weapon buffs while also having their special abilities (things like greatly increasing health regen while fighting, calling down damagine flower petals whenever you hit an enemy, or allowing for a one-use with cooldown 100% dodge after successfully striking an enemy).

Also, you have the differences between shadow orb and demon heart drops, which can be fairly significant all depending (for instance, the shadow orb magic drop, the Vilethorn, is fantastic.  The demon heart magic drop, the Crimson Rod, is utterly useless).

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I'm having a bugger of a time trying to decide which articles should receive capitalized names and which ones shouldn't...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: October 09, 2013, 08:17:16 pm »

I think my only issue with using multiple worlds is one of convenience. If I need to go to some other biome, I'd rather not have to kick out of a world and load another; instead, I'd rather walk over there. This was possible, to some extent, before the patch, but now there are biomes and features that are rare or exclusive to each other. Starbound's certainly looking to fix that aspect but we'll see how that turns out.

Of course, I recognize it's a pretty petty reason to prefer single world characters.

I completely agree with you, and will likely never see some content from this patch because of it. I don't want to bother genning and deleting trashworlds that don't have a pyramid/crimson/ore setup/whatever that I want. So I won't.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: October 09, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »

Also, you have the differences between shadow orb and demon heart drops, which can be fairly significant all depending (for instance, the shadow orb magic drop, the Vilethorn, is fantastic.  The demon heart magic drop, the Crimson Rod, is utterly useless).
I have to disagree with you there. The Crimson Rod is an excellent tool, especially when combined with Spectre Armor. Between that and the Nimbus Rod, you make three zones of magic damage, that then heals you with spectre armor. Even if you don't have it, it can be a great help with the Destroyer, despite relatively low damage, it is constant and fast, and you don't have to recast it too often. When I fought the destroyer, the three clouds probably did about half the damage to it.

Is it a primary weapon? No. But, take a spear with knockback, setup up a cloud, and keep your foes inside of it to annihilate them quickly. Both of those magic weapons are trick weapons, not really designed to be a primary damage dealer.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:19 pm »

I think my only issue with using multiple worlds is one of convenience. If I need to go to some other biome, I'd rather not have to kick out of a world and load another; instead, I'd rather walk over there. This was possible, to some extent, before the patch, but now there are biomes and features that are rare or exclusive to each other. Starbound's certainly looking to fix that aspect but we'll see how that turns out.

Of course, I recognize it's a pretty petty reason to prefer single world characters.

I completely agree with you, and will likely never see some content from this patch because of it. I don't want to bother genning and deleting trashworlds that don't have a pyramid/crimson/ore setup/whatever that I want. So I won't.

Eh. When the World Viewers get updated, it will take much less time to do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10400 on: October 09, 2013, 09:04:44 pm »

MoreTerra is fully updated.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: October 09, 2013, 09:08:44 pm »

Is there any way to make a world with only one biome?

Like say, a 100% desert world...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: October 09, 2013, 09:09:06 pm »

MoreTerra is fully updated.
TEdit is pretty much as well
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: October 09, 2013, 09:11:47 pm »

Well, time to fight The Destroyer. Fuuuuuuuuun~
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: October 09, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

Is there any way to make a world with only one biome?

Like say, a 100% desert world...
You can use Tedit to cover the surface in sand fairly easily.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: October 09, 2013, 09:44:45 pm »

Well, turns out Nimbus Rod is probably the best weapon to go against The Destroyer with. Well, in my personal opinion at least.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:50:50 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »

... inferno fork, almost certainly. It very seriously just utterly wrecks the worm.

Which. Good news! You don't have to choose. Fire up a couple nimbus clouds. Throw out the magnet sphere. Fork the mecha worm to death. Drops in, like. Very little bloody time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

I peed all over the Destroyer. It didn't take long.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: October 09, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »

I'm so damn glad I grabbed my sniper rifle before the dungeon spawning change. That thing is so useful.
Welp. There goes any hopes and dreams I have.

Now the only proud accomplishment I can carry is hugging my rainbow gun. :<

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: October 09, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

Rainbow gun + butterfly wings + pink & silver dye = Best.

Also, the rune mage robe is cool.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 887