Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254348 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10560 on: October 12, 2013, 03:23:54 am »

Any tips for fighting Plantera?
I've killed Skeletron Prime, the Twins, and the Destroyer. I've got shroomite armor and a hallow repeater with too many arrows.
I've got butterfly wings, lightning shoes, horseshoe cloud balloon, moon shell, and a star cloak.
The closest I've gotten Plantera was just over half hp. I've tried using teleporters to kite, but after teleporting a lot while waiting for my potion sickness to go away, Plantera killed itself.
The game is feeling very slow right now, because I'm trying to find a way to farm money effectively to get my repeater to unreal and my accessories to warding.
Is there a secret to killing him solo?
You can use the party flask money generator.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: October 12, 2013, 03:38:11 am »

ARE YOU _FUCKING_ _KIDDING_ _ME_.
A meteor landed ON TOP OF MY DUNGEON.
Black lives matter.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: October 12, 2013, 03:59:55 am »

I've killed Skeletron Prime, the Twins, and the Destroyer. I've got shroomite armor and a hallow repeater with too many arrows.
I've got butterfly wings, lightning shoes, horseshoe cloud balloon, moon shell, and a star cloak.
The closest I've gotten Plantera was just over half hp. I've tried using teleporters to kite, but after teleporting a lot while waiting for my potion sickness to go away, Plantera killed itself.
The game is feeling very slow right now, because I'm trying to find a way to farm money effectively to get my repeater to unreal and my accessories to warding.

+1 to just taking it to the surface and killing it there. I think it's an exercise in frustration trying to deal with that fight and all the crap in the jungle and all the extra maneuvering to fight underground.

Also, Destroyer summons are pretty cheap (6 iron, rotten chunks, night souls) and yield 65+ gold per kill (sell the souls of might).
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: October 12, 2013, 04:03:58 am »

Just Space Gun'd Skellytron rather easily.
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: October 12, 2013, 05:47:55 am »

So, does anyone have tips on how to find the stupid Lihzahrd temples in the jungle? I need those bricks.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:22 am »

Apparently saturation bombing the Jungle works. :P

Speaking of which, I have switched over to a large Corrupted world with a moderately new character (brought a tungsten pick and some basic gear and loot over), and this world is hilariously broken.

Because the entirety of the surface Jungle is taken up by Corruption. This is to my spawn's immediate right.

To my spawn's immediate left is a Living Wood Tree, one of the four, just on that side of the map. It's also the only Living Wood Tree I've so far found that doesn't have a treasure room. I found two living wood wands and one leaf wand. Once I find me some bombs I'll have in excess of four thousand wood, if my previous experiments are anything to go by.

My spawn, in addition, is something of a mini floating island, a hunk of dirt and stone separated from the surface by a thick cave.

There is only one thing to do now. My new base is going to be Yggdrasil.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: October 12, 2013, 06:00:36 am »

Get down to just after the start of the lava layer, then go side to side.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: October 12, 2013, 08:04:52 am »

Nope :<
They fixed it! :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: October 12, 2013, 08:29:13 am »

Nope :<
They fixed it! :P
Oh have they? Hm. Well, on one hand, good. On the other... waa! D:

I liked the free money. :P

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: October 12, 2013, 08:30:15 am »

Has anybody used the coin gun with platinum coins to find out how much damage they do? I'm guessing a couple hundred, since gold seems to have about 100 base damage.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:35:24 am by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: October 12, 2013, 08:36:06 am »

Has anybody used the coin gun with platinum coins to find out how much damage they do? I'm guessing a couple hundred, since gold seems to have about 100 base damage.
It isn't worth it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: October 12, 2013, 08:53:04 am »

I've gone around with four stacks of platinum once.

... I still prefer the Rocket lawn chair, though.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: October 12, 2013, 09:17:52 am »

I know it's not worth it, but I want to find out how much damage it does anyway.

There is never any reason not to know how much damage your Awesome But Impractical weapon can do.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: October 12, 2013, 09:28:06 am »

Somewhere around 200 I guess?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: October 12, 2013, 10:03:08 am »

Wiki (and now Darvi) says around/over 200 damage per coin.

One copper coin does somewhere around 30.

If we calculate out how much potential damage a platinum's worth of damage in copper coins is, we find that using that many copper coins would deal about 30,000,000 damage (not taking into account either crits or armor reduction, let alone ammo conservation).

Now, if platinum coins did 30,000,000 points of damage, you might actually consider using them.  But they don't.  So don't.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 887