Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448285 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: now hiring more optimistic astronauts
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2011, 08:31:44 pm »

Hahahahahaha.
An SAS module with winglets in 12-sided symmetry configuration can fly without any power source.
The kerbals have invented self-sustaining flight before we have!
How does it get off the ground, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2011, 08:34:16 pm »

Is 0.8.1 more CPU-intensive for anyone else? I get low fps spikes which I didn't get before (not I don't mean the 60fps cap)  May just a hiccup with my system but putting it out there.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:45 pm »

Hey, is there any chance we can map the scroll wheel to a key or something?  I dont have one of those on my laptop, and cant make Teh Biggenest rockets without it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2011, 08:38:38 pm »

Hahahahahaha.
An SAS module with winglets in 12-sided symmetry configuration can fly without any power source.
The kerbals have invented self-sustaining flight before we have!
How does it get off the ground, though?

with a really tall stack of decouplers, all in the same stage?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2011, 08:39:16 pm »

Hey, is there any chance we can map the scroll wheel to a key or something?  I dont have one of those on my laptop, and cant make Teh Biggenest rockets without it.
Most laptops don't have a scroll wheel, its on the mouse. ;)
but have you tried Pg up/Pg down?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2011, 08:45:35 pm »

On the laptop I used you could move your finger up and down the side of the touchpad and it acted as a scroll wheel.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:17 pm »

Detached items are floating. Cannot be deleted. Ctrl Z fixed it.
Detached items are floating again. Cannot be deleted. Ctrl Z did not fix it.
Command capsule could not be dropped once selected.
"Detached items are floating"? -- I sure hope you're not considering the new feature that makes it such that we don't have to delete everything to add a part in the middle a bug.
I said that wrong. I accidentally omitted "And cannot be selected at all afterwards". They're just stuck there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:51 pm »

I... I think I just found a new desktop background.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2011, 08:58:15 pm »

"Detached items are floating"? -- I sure hope you're not considering the new feature that makes it such that we don't have to delete everything to add a part in the middle a bug.
I said that wrong. I accidentally omitted "And cannot be selected at all afterwards". They're just stuck there.
Does this help?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2011, 09:03:02 pm »

I think those high-capacity ball tanks are a little too overpowered. I was able to get a stable orbit with one of those, one thruster, and an SAS module to keep it steady.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2011, 09:08:06 pm »

I think basically all parts that actually work are at this point "overpowered".  Especially since they were just modded in as proof of concept, like everything else.  I'm sure once the engine is much farther along and HarvesteR has better established what's actually expected of stuff, the modded stuff will come more in line with an actual challenge.

I think they're a lot of fun though.  I made a rocket exactly like that, and just made a low-speed thrust cruise around the countryside, and returned to the pad.  Crashed on landing though, didn't leave enough altitude for the chute to deploy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »

Does this help?
No, it doesn't help at all. But at least it's going to be fixed next version.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2011, 09:12:19 pm »

Have they made the component connections more... brittle? I had a ship last version that took off like a dream, albeit bending at odd angles and swinging back and forth like a pendulum. Now it just tears itself apart on the launchpad.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2011, 09:25:07 pm »

What are you using for screenshots?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »

Steam is always good at taking screens, easy and uploads for you. You just have to run it through steam by adding it to your library.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 848