Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926879 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1440 on: January 01, 2013, 12:26:00 am »

Red faction: Guerilla with a NYC map.

..Oh god, the possibilities for destruction would be endless! ENDLESS!
Because there is a computer capable of handling every skyscraper ever falling because of that moron person with the last name of 'Mason' throwing mining charges on everything.
This is games you wish existed, not games that could conceivably exist at the current time. Don't be a buzzkill.

I did sort of take that out of the spirit of this thread, I apologize.
I will confess that a large scale game with Red Faction building destruction would be pretty great.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 01, 2013, 12:33:54 am »

A FPS with an epic battle theme akin to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQj5wKPwsyk
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:53 am »

I want a game where you are a component on a space ship in a battle with other space ships. Like Gratuitious Space Battles, but from a first person perspective and you are one guy, each ship might have 15-40 guys on it. You could be assigned to gunning, repairing breaches, and generally keeping the ship running. There would be a number of people in charge of strategy. Larger ships might have automated drones, which dead players might control. You would have special gear for your class, like ship-repairers might have a suit letting them walk and breath for a bit in vaccum, and tools, while gunners can use the guns and aim. The largest ship would have the forty people and would be huge. Like, manage the belt running ammo to your guns, kind of stuff.
Pretty much space station 13 on every variety of steroids, and first person. Random malfunctions could keep everyone not in the fray busy. It'd need tons of people, but it would be so worth it.

In regards to the NYC map, planes.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 01, 2013, 01:05:39 am »

I'd like an FPS-RTS hybrid zombie survival game.  Start out on your own with nothing, scavenge stuff, set up a base somewhere like an abandoned building, fortify it, rescue and recruit survivors, expand and start rebuilding society, etc. 

The way I'd envision it turning out is basically like a less buggy version of the Real-Time Settler/Wasteland Defense mods for Fallout: New Vegas, but with more survival, characterization, and potential for catastrophic failure.  So, The Walking Dead (characters) meets Dayz (scavenging/combat) meets Real Time Settler (building). 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 01, 2013, 02:28:58 am »

Red faction: Guerilla with a NYC map.

..Oh god, the possibilities for destruction would be endless! ENDLESS!
I'd love just for Red Faction: Guerrilla to have a new game plus mode where you can take all your end game toys to a fresh new Mars to begin your destruction anew.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:07:03 am by Leonon »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 01, 2013, 05:56:06 am »

An interplanetary big game hunter sort of thing, with randomly generated planets and randomly generated prey. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 01, 2013, 06:32:19 am »

A realistic zombie survival SANDBOX with Saints Row 2 style customization options, or a zombie survival with DF-like complexity and FUN.

Those, and a proper WW2 RPG.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 01, 2013, 10:19:33 am »

An interplanetary big game hunter sort of thing, with randomly generated planets and randomly generated prey.
so, do i put you down as another "spore done right plz"?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 01, 2013, 10:24:05 am »

so, do i put you down as another "spore done right plz"?
If anything it would be "Monster Hunter done right".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 01, 2013, 10:34:25 am »

spore done like monster hunter plz

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 02, 2013, 11:23:09 am »

A realistic zombie survival SANDBOX with Saints Row 2 style customization options, or a zombie survival with DF-like complexity and FUN.

I remember seeing a zombie rougelike here somewhere.  That might be worth looking into.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 02, 2013, 06:35:28 pm »

I remember seeing a zombie rougelike here somewhere.  That might be worth looking into.
Cataclysm?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:13 pm »

Cataclysm?
hell no.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:42 pm »

Cataclysm?
hell no.

Cataclysm is not a zombie game, or at least for me. Special zombies, mutations, etc doesn't really create a good zombie survival setting. However, Cataclysm is still a very good game. A realistic zombie game happens is like this: You throw a zombie in a city and don't do anything else. Story evolves itself.

I played a lot of zombie games (Fort Zombie, Survival Crisis Z, a few browser zombie games, a lot of other games I don't remember now) but none of them were truly realistic or/and sandbox.

I'm not creating a realistic zombie survival sandbox game but I'm currently writing a forum RP game exactly like that. I will probably start with 4 players and throw new players in as the players die. It will have things like NPC interactions, betrayal between players, ability to claim a safehouse, build a safehouse or be a nomad group, etc. PCs will have personalities and Sanity stats which will make the player lose control over his character from time to time. Trying to write a complex sandbox RP game and trying to mold it into the shape of a forum game creates a lot of work me for me though. I think it's becoming too much like the sandbox version of The Walking Dead but if it turns out well, I might even try managing one here in Bay 12. It's kinda on the hold for now. Not quite sure if it's gonna attract much attention anyway.

BTW, if someone comes across a good ol' realistic zombie survival sandbox game, let me know.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 02, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »

I think that a large problem there might be realistic and zombies.
Because zombies aren't real.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 577