Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926698 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4515 on: September 25, 2014, 10:44:12 pm »

IG-focused game seems to be a common thing to want.  Are there any 40k games that convey the scale of the fluff?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: September 25, 2014, 11:51:32 pm »

Well, there's Chapter Master where you're in charge of an entire Space Marine chapter, canon or custom.Other than that, I can't think of anything. Dawn of War does an okay job, but it's still fairly small-scale.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:40 am »

I'd like...A first-person Jack-The-Ripper game. With you as The Ripper.
What if it was multiplayer, and everyone in an alleyway looked like a generic dark shadowy figure until they were really close. And the streets were safe, but everyone was forced onto rails until they chose to enter a dark alley, so you couldn't tell players from N.P.C.s from the streets. And prostitutes gain money from being in alleys and can win the game if they get enough to afford to escape the city and survive the trip to the train station. And if enough prostitutes meet up they can fight-off the Ripper, but tend to take injuries that don't heal, so the Ripper can try to hit-and-run even if there are enough prostitutes in one place to hold a position together, but if the Ripper gets forced into a prolonged battle they can be defeated and lose the game. And there are other players playing Victorian Survival: Street Urchin Edition in the same game, but they don't really interact much...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: September 26, 2014, 01:33:00 am »

So what you're suggesting here is basically a tactical squad-based prostitute combat game?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4519 on: September 26, 2014, 02:42:19 am »

So what you're suggesting here is basically a tactical squad-based prostitute combat game?
I came here via the OOC Quotes thread to say I want this game.

* II hops into his helicopter and leaves the thread, never to return.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

blazing glory

« Reply #4520 on: September 26, 2014, 04:18:53 am »

Die by the Sword, remade, even though it was before my time it sounds quite interesting and I would most definitely buy a remake.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: September 26, 2014, 04:49:41 am »

IG-focused game seems to be a common thing to want.

I imagine an IG-focused game as a black humor affair where you play with 4+ player co-op and a bunch of AI allies.  You also have multiple lives and respawn.

At the end, it plays back how each player-character guardsman died in a montage of gory acceptable losses.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:02 am »

IG-focused game seems to be a common thing to want.

I imagine an IG-focused game as a black humor affair where you play with 4+ player co-op and a bunch of AI allies.  You also have unlimited lives and respawn.

At the end, it plays back how each player-character guardsman died in a montage of gory acceptable losses.
FTFY. Imperial Guardsmen always have more reserves. Always.
._.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: September 26, 2014, 02:57:20 pm »

Yessssssssssssss
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: September 27, 2014, 01:51:33 pm »

I've been playing Fire Emblem recently. And I still miss DW.

What about a game that is a cross between Dark Wizard, Fire Emblem, and Starcraft?

From Dark Wizard: You have your hex grid playing field, a day/night cycle that makes certain units stronger/weaker at certain times, hiring units uses one of two resources, you can also use the second resource for special abilities. Being attacked only results in you countering once per turn. Your army is put entirely into storage at the start of each map. Very meaningful terrain-movement-type interaction, beautifully drawn terrain.
From Fire Emblem: You have a turn-based movement-and-combat system, where some units can attack at range, you can only counter if you have the same range, you can equip multiple weapons and switch on the fly, there are critical hits and double attacks, special abilities, each character you hire is unique and can form relations with others and they persist between maps.
From Starcraft: You can build structures that let you hire new units (or recall previous ones), you can build structures to generate resources or improve your units, you need X support buildings to have a Y sized army, the game is based in space with space magyks and guns and all-devouring aliens, your structures restart at the beginning of each map. Maps are short campaigns or skirmishes, but are on a large scale.

IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: September 28, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

A small point-n-click horror game where things happen somewhat on a schedule, and the only way to avert certain events is to be mindful of the game's "schedule". You're told from the start when some things happen (assuming you don't take action to prevent them), and it's down to you to find the possibilities.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: September 28, 2014, 03:32:42 pm »

A small point-n-click horror game where things happen somewhat on a schedule, and the only way to avert certain events is to be mindful of the game's "schedule". You're told from the start when some things happen (assuming you don't take action to prevent them), and it's down to you to find the possibilities.
So like the idea of Groundhog Day but the horror isn't existential?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: September 28, 2014, 04:14:33 pm »

I want a grand strategy game with this criteria:

1.) the map is square-tile based, and is procedurally generated.
1a.) the map is split into countries, regions, and sub-regions. regions can cross borders.
2.) while there doesn't need to be actual fighting, I want to be abel to strategically and operationally position my troops, which are organized in a manner I choose.
2a.) equipment is researched and designed in a fashion similar to aurora, same with vehicles.
3.) borders are dynamic, and settled by negotiable treaties. DOWN TO THE TILE, not region, but to the point where you can draw the lines on the map.
3a.) treaties can be broken, and in general politics aren't hardline and reactionary as in so many grand strategy games.
4.) maybe 40k themed?
4a.) yes pl0x.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4528 on: September 28, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »

Are there really ever treaties in 40k?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: September 28, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »

Sorta. The Imperium doesn't ACTUALLY kill every alien they come across, just the ones that are potential threats or in the way. And even then, they will consider a cease-fire if they need their military forces elsewhere (see: the Damocles Gulf Crusade, where a combination of stiff Tau resistance and an approaching hive fleet led to a truce between humankind and Tau...for a little while).

Basically: temporary, even spur-of-the-moment alliances form all the time, but they rarely (never?) last very long.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 577