Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929351 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4965 on: January 29, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »

Newtonian Aurora.

'nuff said.
There's Pulsar 4X, an open-source Aurora fangame in development, which has both Newtonian and Trans-Newtonian rulesets planned.  It's still pretty quiet and in early development, but is showing no signs of dying (last code commit three days ago, and it's been going for over two years).

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: January 30, 2015, 10:36:50 am »

Newtonian Aurora.

'nuff said.
There's Pulsar 4X, an open-source Aurora fangame in development, which has both Newtonian and Trans-Newtonian rulesets planned.  It's still pretty quiet and in early development, but is showing no signs of dying (last code commit three days ago, and it's been going for over two years).
Huh, I never realized it was a thing. thanks for pointing it out!  :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: January 30, 2015, 11:45:20 am »

I would not mind something 3d that still showed you a slice at a time. 

Like: everything below the z-level you are looking at appears solid, everything above is removed. 

This would let you see lower terrain contours and features, upper levels would not obstruct.  Could scroll between levels, or rotate out for a perspective view.  That TWBT thing sort of does this now, but it has dependencies that I'm not supper happy about using.  Ideally, something more like the old lifevis or obsidian, but would "snap" to an overhead view of one z-slice at a moments notice.

I often find myself going to pen and paper or some sort of doodling app (or a spreadsheet...) to make sure the 3d structure I am excavating will be correct -- having this capability within the interface would be super handy.
Spoiler: Okay (click to show/hide)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:59 pm »

Nice!

It's really a shame how much work must have gone into the previous high quality visualizers (Obsidian, Lifevis, Overseer, 3Dwarf are just off the top of my head) and each major DF version it seems like someone new has to remake it from scratch.

I googled the name of the application you have in that screenshot and took a look at the forum thread.  People seem enthusiastic about a general API or framework being developed for an externalized game interface, it seems like such a shame that we couldn't have maintained momentum on one of the previous projects.

I guess this is the curse of any small scale development effort.  Or any distributed non-commercial volunteer base effort, as you'll know if you interact with the open source community at all.

I'm just rambling. This thing looks great.  I hope you can keep it going and that people pitch in assets or whatever you need.

Some reference to this awesome project belongs here:  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Utilities#3D_Visualizers

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: February 02, 2015, 09:47:16 pm »

Blade: The Edge of Darkness 2/Severance: Blade of Darkness 2/Blade of Darkness 2
Mostly refinements of the first game's systems that are still its own (the whole fighting game command list like thing that gives the weps damage multipliers for example).
and polishing stuff so that it is still competent against the soul series gameplay-wise (since the games have very similar play stiles)
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: February 02, 2015, 10:14:36 pm »

Yet again, I bet for Heroes of Might and Magic IV to be re-released with a proper budget and time behind it so the game could actually look and play appealing...
And sound, partially. The music was great, the sounds, not so much.

That game has always been overshadowed by its predecessor(s), it's not even funny. This should have been the game to be put under Ubisoft's remaster anvil, not HoMM3 which quite frankly did not need an HD remake, especially not when it's as subpar as they've made it.
*ugh*
Just in case I somehow didn't hate Ubisoft before, I definitely do now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: February 02, 2015, 11:08:49 pm »

Wrong thread, sorry!  :-[
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: February 20, 2015, 12:33:17 am »

A game about a t-rex with flame powers entitled "Small Arms Fire"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4973 on: February 27, 2015, 02:06:47 am »

A 4x game starting on Earth around 5000 BCE. Through the game, you grow from an initially generic tribe into a specialized, advanced civilization. Every city you build, battle you win (or lose), or deal you make changes the culture of your civilization.

This next part is kind of nebulous... but in general, things like nations are temporary. A colony that declares independence, a civil war, or a lost war are part of the cultural history, not the end of it.

By the end of the game, you've got a totally different history of the world. Ideally, it would include situations that reproduce time periods- Here's 1860's USA... good luck with the south, here's 1975 Soviet Russia. Here's 1100 CE and you're in control of China.

It is, in short, an alternate timeline simulator.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: February 27, 2015, 02:37:34 am »

You are an agent tasked with hunting down a target at large in a city.

Out of several thousand buildings, she or he is living in one of them, and you need to find out which it is, and send in the swat team.
Only, the target will keep taking steps to avoid you, including moving to different safe houses.

You hunt them using information effectively and conducting surveillance of likely connection points. This becomes gradually harder as you progress
through the "levels" of more evasive suspects. It should be dynamic, not scripted, so there are always multiple ways you might succeed in completing
a hunt, and you will never have exactly the same experience twice.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4975 on: February 27, 2015, 02:43:29 am »

Out of several thousand buildings, she or he is living in one of them, and you need to find out which it is, and send in the swat team.
Only, the target will keep taking steps to avoid you, including moving to different safe houses.

You hunt them using information effectively and conducting surveillance of likely connection points. This becomes gradually harder as you progress
through the "levels" of more evasive suspects. It should be dynamic, not scripted, so there are always multiple ways you might succeed in completing

The game you are looking for is The Hit.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:05 am »

The game you are looking for is The Hit.
Oooh, that looks sexy. Kinda like another episode of Sub Rosa.

Meanwhile, @Yolan, you might want to try to scratch that itch with Sid Meyer's Covert Action; it's an oldie, but that, roughly, is the description of what you do most of the time - are an agent hunting down the members of a covert conspiracy picked from a list of scenarios, operating in an entire region (South America, Europe or Middle East) and trying to figure out the plan and foil it via direct and electronic surveillance, tailing (although the minigame is rather tedious) and just good ol' breaking and entering.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Foggy Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: February 27, 2015, 06:31:40 pm »

I wish there was a fighting RPG game with procedurally generated world and plot where the main focus was made on the fighting system which would resemble the one of TORIBASH game but more user-friendly + tons of random characters, weapons, outfits, physics, replays, slow-mo and so on.
Nobody is truly free

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: February 27, 2015, 06:56:06 pm »

Dwarf Fortress adventure mode in first person, if only for the combat system....

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: February 27, 2015, 10:57:49 pm »

A Death Note simulator.  You start in a randomised country, pick your multiple choice background LCS style, and then you get the notebook.  You would have a limited amount of time in a day to use the notebook, cause you need to eat/sleep/interact with people to avoid raising suspicion/etc.  Once you are done taking care of your daily life from a Sims isometric perspective, you'd switch to a Shadow President style global map, where you'd have access to all the publicly known names and faces of people in the world, along with their publicly available backgrounds/crimes/and other info, so you can decide who you want to judge.

Wanna take out all of the Facebook users of the world?  That's simple, the game supplies you with information of those people based on that criteria.  If the criteria you want is criminals, then you'd need to find a way into various criminal databases, which may be helped or hindered depending on your character's background, and which you can do something about from your daily life mode.  Every randomly generated individual in this game would be connected, allowing you to make them do simple commands before their death, mostly related to killing others ( e.g. John commits suicide at 10:43 EST, kills sister Jane in the process ), making them cooperate with you, turn against someone, etc. Each individual would be limited by circumstance, meaning you can't make a janitor launch a country's nukes, or make a child go on a killing spree.  They may try, it's just not going to help you.

Eventually, you'd be targeted by L.  L's name would be randomly generated each time you play, so you can't simply write down his name because you learned about in your last playthrough.  He would use all the information on the planet, which he more or less has access to, to narrow you down to country, city and town of origin.  L would try to befriend you as in canon, stay at a distance, do whatever, the only consistent thing being he will never give up even if you've managed to terrify the rest of the world.  On the whole, you will be hunted by other organizations as well, but  L's true anonymity makes him the only person in the game capable of standing against you till the very end.

Would make for some interesting AARs.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 577