Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926705 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5415 on: June 29, 2015, 01:56:44 am »

I'm still waiting for an MMO with good AI. Not static AI on linear WoW-like paths. But actual AI. Pretty much like Ryzom, but made by a company with a bigger budget and a bigger appeal cause Ryzom never gets updated except once or twice a year.

Like, I could be roaming in an area...and there could be a migration of deer (for example). Someone goes by and can kill all the deer, so no one ever sees that herd again. Or the herd can be in a remote place that no one goes, and they break off into groups after they get to a certain random size and go to new areas. But if someone kills the herd of deer (like say its near a town), maybe the deer were keeping monsters away...now the town is overrun with goblins and the NPCs either died or/and left to other villages or the city(ies). So like dynamic events, but not scripted ones on a stupid timer that people put on the clock and run around in a circle repeating them over and over (won't name the game, but you know what I'm talking about...that isn't dynamic at all lol)

So pretty much a living breathing MMO world. Like how MMOs were going to be in the days of Ultima Online, but ended up being arcade games.

MMOs are way too static. And PvP MMOs, the AI are even more static than themepark MMOs AI, the AI doesn't ever do anything in PvP MMOs. Like EVE, the pirate ships just stay in one spot (last I played) until someone comes and then they fly to the person. I found that game breaking lol.

X3 Terran Conflict actually had VERY good AI, I'm not really into space games...but that is sorta what I had in mind. Probably some of the best AI in a game.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: June 29, 2015, 01:57:57 am »

I wish they'd make a TES-like RPG set in the Dragon Ball Z verse. Since the latest Bethesda sandboxes have just been FPS games with random RPG rules thrown in anyway, there's no reason you couldn't just make an action game out of the same framework. Skyrim's magic already feels pretty much like I'd expect some moves from DBZ to feel in that sort of game.

Yeah the master level lightning spell definitely both has a dbz-ish look AND takes forever to charge up

I'm still waiting for an MMO with good AI. Not static AI on linear WoW-like paths. But actual AI. Pretty much like Ryzom, but made by a company with a bigger budget and a bigger appeal cause Ryzom never gets updated except once or twice a year.

Like, I could be roaming in an area...and there could be a migration of deer (for example). Someone goes by and can kill all the deer, so no one ever sees that herd again. Or the herd can be in a remote place that no one goes, and they break off into groups after they get to a certain random size and go to new areas. But if someone kills the herd of deer (like say its near a town), maybe the deer were keeping monsters away...now the town is overrun with goblins and the NPCs either died or/and left to other villages or the city(ies). So like dynamic events, but not scripted ones on a stupid timer that people put on the clock and run around in a circle repeating them over and over (won't name the game, but you know what I'm talking about...that isn't dynamic at all lol)

So pretty much a living breathing MMO world. Like how MMOs were going to be in the days of Ultima Online, but ended up being arcade games.

MMOs are way too static. And PvP MMOs, the AI are even more static than themepark MMOs AI, the AI doesn't ever do anything in PvP MMOs. Like EVE, the pirate ships just stay in one spot (last I played) until someone comes and then they fly to the person. I found that game breaking lol.

X3 Terran Conflict actually had VERY good AI, I'm not really into space games...but that is sorta what I had in mind. Probably some of the best AI in a game.

You might enjoy reading the novel Mogworld
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:00:23 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: June 29, 2015, 10:25:50 am »

I want to play a game about killing dictators. Mind you, not some chickenshit game where you're an overly professional and battle-hardened soldier gunning for some generic fictional dictator who rules a country that doesn't seem to have any civilians. I want to play as an ax-wielding maniac who has somehow gotten into Kim-Jong Un's mansion, and in addition to mutilating him and his guards, I also want to mutilate his family and any particularly loyal members of his staff. Then I want to do the same to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Then the Castros. Then Troung Tan Sang. Then Yoweri Museveni. Then a massacre of the scions of House Saud. And so on and so on. Multiple scenarios for each dictator; at a minimum each has a scenario where the goal is to kill them in their home, one where the goal is to kill them in a public place during a speech or parade, one where you kill them in the capitol of their government, and one scenario specific to the dictator (for example since Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's government is a theocracy you might kill him in a mosque). The building layouts and the dictators' faces should be as true to life as possible. If the dictators' real-world counterparts don't take extreme personal offense to the game then it hasn't been made correctly.
The first DLC shall give the same treatment to influential captains of industry such as the Koch brothers, Donald trump and Chris Dodd.
The second DLC shall give the treatment to historical dictators and would-be dictators such as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Tojo and Hirohito, Francisco Franco, the Three Pashas, Momar Gadaffi, Che Guevera, Kim Il-Sung, Idi Amin, Henry VIII, the prophet Abraham,  the peophet mohammed, Mao Tse Tung, ayatollah Khomeini, Joseph McCarthy, Benjamin Rush, the Duvaliers, Fulgencio Batista, King George III, Pol Pot, Jefferson Davis, Stephen Douglas, Kim Jong Il, J. Edgar Hoover, etc.
The next DLC would deal with the murder of historical captains of industry such as Steve Jobs, Jack Valenti, and so on.
Does your dictator-killing soldier have a magical knife called "The Edge"?

'Cause you already killed me with it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:28:52 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: June 29, 2015, 10:29:24 am »

"Nobunaga's Ambition" in English. They just released another onto steam that ISN'T in English, again. Damn it stop teasing me Koei!!!
I so want to play this, WHY DO I GET TAUNTED SO MUCH!!! T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: June 29, 2015, 12:22:42 pm »

Don't remember if I posted about this idea before, but here it goes anyway.

Wasteland Outpost Simulator: The Game (which you've just lost btw)
General outline, some sort of post-apo or wasteland or generally unpleasant world is the setting. Could be fantasy, could be Sci-fi, could be neither. After some years of adventuring, working as a no-name nobody, being a gun for hire, trading, or whatever you pick (I'm guessing it would give you a bonus or something like that, depending on your choice), you took an arrow/gunshot/laser blast to the knee and decided that it was about time you went after your lifelong dream of owning a tavern in the middle of nowhere. So you took your savings and you bought some stuff and you embarked to one of the many middles of nowhere that are ever so abundant in your world (again, choice of location affects the game in some way).
You start off simple enough, offering drinks and food and perhaps shelter to weary travelers and adventurers, building up your reputation as a generally not shitty place. Over time though your fame will attract other buisnessowners to your area, or folks looking for work, or folks looking for trouble. So the game shifts from managing just your place of rest and fun to managing certain bits of the now growing little town, as well as coordinating its defense against bandits/monsters/ailens/whatever is dangerous and wants something you have.
General progression would go:
-Small buisness managing supplies, beds and employees while trying to expand and become better known
-Large buisness managing employees, expansion of the tavern and the area while trying to become even better known and managing the now available job board (looking for rumors, striking deals with traders to take protection at your place, that kind of stuff)
-Small town managing your buisness and somewhat influencing the newcomers (so no direct control over other shops but you can perhaps steer them in a general direction that would benefit the town, you or both of you even) while coordinating defense against light attacks and trying to attract more folks/buisness to the town.
-Large town trying to keep everyone from not killing each other (did I mention factions would play a role? yeah, you'll need to play the diplomatic game after a certain point), keeping the buisnesses operating smoothly (coordinating supply caravans and perhaps expansions into new areas like production or something like that) and defending the town from larger attacks.
Buisness managment could be done from a top down or isometric view, either is fine. Lots of windows for info and whatnot. Defense would be also top down or isometric, a mix of TD and pausable real time tactics game like say Pillars of Eternity or something.
Well, that turned out way more text than I anticipated, hopefully it's not too wall-o-texty for you folks.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: July 02, 2015, 02:21:07 am »

I'd like to see Fallout 1 and 2 remade in 3d using the same engine as New Vegas
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5421 on: July 02, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »

Found a game I had in mind I wanted to play, or end up making as I play certain games (while actively cheating). Now it's a game in itself.

Hack 'n' Slash (Currently in a Humble Bundle right now)

Basically, it's a game where you cheat as you play to make progress with your game. It's a pretty cool concept, and how I tend to default at times when I use Cheat Engine anyway. I'm interested to see how the rest of it plays out. Worth the investment so far.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: July 02, 2015, 05:50:51 pm »

Found a game I had in mind I wanted to play, or end up making as I play certain games (while actively cheating). Now it's a game in itself.

Hack 'n' Slash (Currently in a Humble Bundle right now)

Basically, it's a game where you cheat as you play to make progress with your game. It's a pretty cool concept, and how I tend to default at times when I use Cheat Engine anyway. I'm interested to see how the rest of it plays out. Worth the investment so far.

Apparently it gets real serious with its programming at a certain point according to Steam reviews (so you'll have a hard time passing that without a solid knowledge of programming), so that might become problematic.
Just a heads up, I love the concept of that game too.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5423 on: July 02, 2015, 06:46:30 pm »

If it motivates me to learn it, why not? That's what I'm kinda lacking in right now. Being motivated to learn to code. So far, I'm just a (fun mode style) cheater. Brute-forcing my cheats in, and when convenient, or would yield the most entertainment.

Plus, i'll just consider the serious programming like an extra dimension to the game to add into the playing. Sometimes, hacking might not even be necessary, if I'm skilled enough. Sometimes I have outpaced a game, even where cheating would likely provide a convenience (but take too long to gain said convenience on it's own); bum-rushing through it all is just faster, albeit, a bit of it's own brand of hassle. I've played Gauntlet. I can handle creature swarms. Plus, making the equivalent of IDDQD and IDKFA for your character (provided awareness of said code bits) is more than enough to make things too simple, and straight to the end (but where's the fun in that?).

Unlike most people that played the game, I'm just gonna take this game with a grain of salt, and play it as intended. As a game (with cheating permitted for progress). As I see the reviews, too many see it a Zelda-clone, others a "Programmer's Game". Me, I see it as a cheater's game.

My way of making progress is the same motto I carry with me most the time: "There's always a simple solution to an otherwise complex problem.". In summary, think abstractly.

EDIT:
Given that the game involves directly modding the game to the point of crashing it, I wonder how many solutions require 'Verifying the Integrity' of the game to reset it back to original? I wonder how many players ever considered that solution?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:26:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: July 02, 2015, 08:04:33 pm »

I want to play a game about killing dictators. Mind you, not some chickenshit game where you're an overly professional and battle-hardened soldier gunning for some generic fictional dictator who rules a country that doesn't seem to have any civilians. I want to play as an ax-wielding maniac who has somehow gotten into Kim-Jong Un's mansion, and in addition to mutilating him and his guards, I also want to mutilate his family and any particularly loyal members of his staff. Then I want to do the same to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Then the Castros. Then Troung Tan Sang. Then Yoweri Museveni. Then a massacre of the scions of House Saud. And so on and so on. Multiple scenarios for each dictator; at a minimum each has a scenario where the goal is to kill them in their home, one where the goal is to kill them in a public place during a speech or parade, one where you kill them in the capitol of their government, and one scenario specific to the dictator (for example since Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's government is a theocracy you might kill him in a mosque). The building layouts and the dictators' faces should be as true to life as possible. If the dictators' real-world counterparts don't take extreme personal offense to the game then it hasn't been made correctly.
The first DLC shall give the same treatment to influential captains of industry such as the Koch brothers, Donald trump and Chris Dodd.
The second DLC shall give the treatment to historical dictators and would-be dictators such as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Tojo and Hirohito, Francisco Franco, the Three Pashas, Momar Gadaffi, Che Guevera, Kim Il-Sung, Idi Amin, Henry VIII, the prophet Abraham,  the peophet mohammed, Mao Tse Tung, ayatollah Khomeini, Joseph McCarthy, Benjamin Rush, the Duvaliers, Fulgencio Batista, King George III, Pol Pot, Jefferson Davis, Stephen Douglas, Kim Jong Il, J. Edgar Hoover, etc.
The next DLC would deal with the murder of historical captains of industry such as Steve Jobs, Jack Valenti, and so on.
Does your dictator-killing soldier have a magical knife called "The Edge"?

'Cause you already killed me with it.

I've played edgier. In Postal 2 you can shoot a priest in the face, piss on a man's grave, and decapitate Gary Coleman, and all three of these examples are legitimate means of completing some of the game's quests.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: July 03, 2015, 01:42:01 am »

Postal 2 is about as edgy as the Chuckle Brothers m7.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: July 03, 2015, 01:53:08 am »

Wasn't Postal 2 a parody of the sort of uber edgy look how violent we are games that were coming out at around that time?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: July 03, 2015, 01:59:12 am »

Wasn't Postal 2 a parody of the sort of uber edgy look how violent we are games that were coming out at around that time?
Poe's Law cuts both ways, pretty sure its genuine.  Or at the very least, a genuine attempt to get the "video games cause violence" journalists to generate free press.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: July 03, 2015, 05:48:10 am »

Poe's Law cuts both ways, pretty sure its genuine.  Or at the very least, a genuine attempt to get the "video games cause violence" journalists to generate free press.
False dichotomy. It was basically really black comedy. Dead-baby-jokes-edgelord comedy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: July 03, 2015, 11:50:53 am »

I would say that edgy generally require that the edgeee is in some way under the impression that they're better than everyone else? Either knowing something everyone else is too stupid to know or just a regular old power fantasy. Postal 2 definitely does not try to help the player get immersed in any sort of power fantasy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 577