Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926801 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6255 on: November 27, 2015, 02:04:35 pm »

Edit: Apparently "summonsed" is a word.

Yes. Just like how you can be summoned and you can receive a Summons (thus Summonsed)
I just sorta assumed a summonsing was a summoning of the kind preferred by hobbitses.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: November 27, 2015, 04:01:11 pm »

Fallout, but set in a world where the world ended in 2015. Still plenty of advanced tech, but the world would be far different than, say, Mad Max or Fallout.

Tribes of roving FANDOMS.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6257 on: November 27, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »

Metro 2033.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: November 27, 2015, 04:37:58 pm »

I actually liked the look of XCOM the FPS, just wish they had named it something else.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: November 27, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »

On the subject of "Alternative Fallout" games, I've mulled over an idea for years, with no realistic intention to see literally any of it through. It would be set in a near-future apocalypse, with a roughly modern pre-war setting. I imagined the apocalypse being non-nuclear, just some sort of societal die-back. The theme would be general goofy comedy/satire.

The first ideas I got for it were a city where hipsters clashed with conservative old people for control, and for a band of raider furries who jury-rigged the insides of fursuits with advanced body armor to become nigh-invulnerable mercenaries. Later developments included the Canadian prairie provinces now under independent rule by Jarls who continue to send mercenaries to sack the ruins of Toronto as "equalization payments", and a computer built by a NEET in his basement before the apocalypse, now infested with rats and toxic pools of Mountain Dew.

At an early stage I actually imagined trying to make something like this, but I gave up incredibly early as I realized the scale that I wanted for it would be completely out of the question for even an experienced developer.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6260 on: November 27, 2015, 08:41:32 pm »

Had this thought cross my mind today. Seeing as it's Black Friday today, and not all of us go for the thrill of the chase for cheaper crap; I wonder if anyone's ever made a game based on Black Friday sales?

As far as I would assume, it would be a roguelike/rogue-lite. Give your character some stats, a budget, generate a store (electronics/wal-mart style/etc. (different property dimensions and shop item distributions, as well as density of people to work around)) with some "target items" (randomly generated based on stats/personality), or even a customized shopping list of sorts, or hell, freestyle it.

Claw through the ranks of people, reach for the ultimate deals, cause a few scenes, save 5 bucks on that blender. So what if you have to sacrifice a family gathering for a bargain?

EDIT:
Secondary game mode, "Employee of the Month". You and your fellow employees have to do your jobs, as well as serve as crowd/damage control. I hope you have 911 on speed dial.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:44:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: November 27, 2015, 11:41:16 pm »

I always imagined Black Friday as an arena deathmatch sort of thing, like a free-for-all one-flag CTF thing. Rush to the particular item before an NPC or other player grabs in, then dogpile onto them as they try to take it back to the register.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: November 28, 2015, 01:56:07 am »

I always imagined Black Friday as an arena deathmatch sort of thing, like a free-for-all one-flag CTF thing. Rush to the particular item before an NPC or other player grabs in, then dogpile onto them as they try to take it back to the register.

Its like Supermarket Sweep

But everyone goes at the same time

And the shopping carts are armed like Mad Max or something
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: November 28, 2015, 04:33:30 am »

I would like a roleplaying game to venture into the area of having the player speak dialogue to NPCs themselves.
Playing RPGS, particularly Fallout 4, I've had several occasions where I have a question to ask an NPC I feel is really important but due to the NPC not having any further dialogue I am unable to ask.

It would also help roleplaying a particular character a lot as well as I could respond in the manner that I imagine the character would, rather then one of the pre-written dialogue choices.

Couple it with computer generated speech, NPCs who talk from a database of topics they know and to me it would really help NPC interaction in RPGs.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: November 28, 2015, 05:53:11 am »

I vaguely recall a system somewhere where they basically had keywords that would trigger a speech from any characters that had one for that keyword. They were highlighted so it was basically hypertext, but I imagine that you could enter them manually too. I am getting a Morrowindy vibe, how did Morrowind do conversations? I imagine that you could do something procedural, track down a character's movements and the spread of information, cross-check it with the characters allegiances and preferences to get a bias, throw together some randomly-selected sentence-fragments with excessive context-based components and generate a synthetic vocalisation. Track the player's knowledge so that they can ask about a topic with a single click and include the option for an N.P.C. to not know, not care, learn about it from you, or go off to research it because of your conversation.
It wouldn't be a particularly sane task to undertake, but it seems vaguely within the farthest realms of possibility...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: November 28, 2015, 05:58:06 am »

Morrowind kind of had that. An important NPC would mention a few keywords in their opening dialogue box, and you could ask about those keywords by either clicking on them in the text, or picking them from a list of topics on the right-hand side, so you had a conversation tree where you'd build up a list of keywords and then go down the list, reading until you had all the information.

The problem with that is, it removes all the linearity from a conversation, so you don't get set-piece dialogue tree "bosses" like in KOTOR or Mass Effect.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: November 28, 2015, 08:31:04 am »

@RAM: I think Everquest had dialogue like that. I remember being really confused the time I played that as I think you had to include the words in sentences that followed a specific layout or something.

I would imagine the game I was thinking of would handle dialogue bosses like;
NPC: "Those guards are annoying"
Player (Spoken into microphone) "Tell me about guards".
NPC detects word "guards" and does persuasion test based of player character stats: "I don't like you enough to tell you more about guards".

Extrapolate from that for more complicated encounters.

Morrowind could do dialogue with player input, it was handled by having several red dialogue choices you could choose from. It halted the clicking of anything else until you chose one of the options. I also remember sometimes it had dialogue with multiple answers via a separate pop-up window in the center of the screen. It was indeed no where near as good as KOTOR at handling more complicated dialogues though, as the dialogue choices didn't go off of any persuasion skill. Rather, NPCs would talk about subjects or not depending on their friendliness to you which was changed by reputation and liberal application of compliments and bribes.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6267 on: November 28, 2015, 11:15:01 am »

Survarium has non-nuclear apocalypse. Stalker is kind of "modern" post-apo except not being post-apo. Metro 2033 too.
The problem of all those is that they aren't set in US, which is apparently a bad thing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: November 29, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »

Speaking of Metro 2033 (and I came here to write this not knowing it had just came up for discussion!!!), I've been playing it thanks to the Steam sale.

Big wish: A Metro Action-RPG. I don't mind a bit of linearity, but give me some hubs to return to. Let me live in a station and collect crap for my room. Give the NPCs there new dialogue as I progress in the story. Etc.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6269 on: November 29, 2015, 08:29:43 pm »

The RPG dialogue thing kinda reminds me of the classic Tex Murphy games. You had some speech options to select from to get through some set-piece story here and there, but you also had an additional option to ask unique questions much like hypertext, like asking names, locations, items you had in your inventory (data disk and password, (person)'s address, for example; which add new locations to visit, new inventory items, or even new dialog trees to go through), and so on, and they would have a response for it; though a majority of the time, they'll also respond with "I don't know anything about that.", but hey, at least you can ask, and even re-trace to earlier questions like that if previously asked (check your spelling). Sometimes, that's the only way to get certain items, and in certain cases, you better ask fast, before your lead dies on you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:34:20 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 577