Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926877 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6285 on: December 02, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »

I want a mostly economy driven RTS in an open world (infinite world, probably). Something like a cross between Warcraft3, Settlers and Factorio. But resources last for much longer, if they run out at all. So basically anything you build is self sustaining, no need to go back every time a gold mine runs out.

Could have some sort of fast travel if there's the infrastructure built across towns. As the map expands, there's a chance that the game will generate competing factions. Or just small independent villages to integrate or plunder.

Single player, not MMO.
Except for the open world bit, maybe the Anno series is close to this. Also, what exactly does 'fast travel' mean in the context of an RTS?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: December 02, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »

I want a mostly economy driven RTS in an open world (infinite world, probably). Something like a cross between Warcraft3, Settlers and Factorio. But resources last for much longer, if they run out at all. So basically anything you build is self sustaining, no need to go back every time a gold mine runs out.

Could have some sort of fast travel if there's the infrastructure built across towns. As the map expands, there's a chance that the game will generate competing factions. Or just small independent villages to integrate or plunder.

Single player, not MMO.
Except for the open world bit, maybe the Anno series is close to this. Also, what exactly does 'fast travel' mean in the context of an RTS?
Fast travel means "Be there Instantly or near instantly" most of the time.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »

A University Management Simulator, down to the lowest level of detail (classrooms) and other overhead priorities such as Security, Janitorials, and so on so forth.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: December 03, 2015, 12:50:06 am »

A University Management Simulator, down to the lowest level of detail (classrooms) and other overhead priorities such as Security, Janitorials, and so on so forth.
Not to mention the IT department and any technology in the classrooms like projectors, computers, etc, then also the Library (if the school has one), and a Cafeteria or Contracted Food Services (Like where I work, in a Tim Hortons inside the school building) or other food options, and dealing with or working with the Student Association (and any faculties they'd like to run, like the Bar and Grill inside the school where my workplace is or the convenience store, or the rec room, or any events they run like the annual Zombie Invasion).

And basically with every option (like Security, Custodial, IT, food etc) you can choose to build up your own staff or contract out; both have their own advantages and disadvantages, which depending on your budget models some might work better than others with each option. And then there's hiring teaching staff, building the gymnasium/sports team(s), etc., while keeping the students AND government happy with your school; and that's another choice, whether to be a private school or government funded, which will have an affect on which scholarships you have available... and whether or not you want to give any!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: December 03, 2015, 01:03:59 am »

A game where you wander in a desert until you die of thirst

So desert bus driver

Without the bus
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: December 03, 2015, 01:30:47 am »

Not to mention the IT department and any technology in the classrooms like projectors, computers, etc, then also the Library (if the school has one), and a Cafeteria or Contracted Food Services (Like where I work, in a Tim Hortons inside the school building) or other food options, and dealing with or working with the Student Association (and any faculties they'd like to run, like the Bar and Grill inside the school where my workplace is or the convenience store, or the rec room, or any events they run like the annual Zombie Invasion).

And basically with every option (like Security, Custodial, IT, food etc) you can choose to build up your own staff or contract out; both have their own advantages and disadvantages, which depending on your budget models some might work better than others with each option. And then there's hiring teaching staff, building the gymnasium/sports team(s), etc., while keeping the students AND government happy with your school; and that's another choice, whether to be a private school or government funded, which will have an affect on which scholarships you have available... and whether or not you want to give any!
And it could be multiplayer, with competing universities, and then some troll comes along and plays an insurance agency, and hikes up the rates until you cry...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: December 03, 2015, 05:26:51 am »

Single player, not MMO.
Fast travel means "Be there Instantly or near instantly" most of the time.

Well, he did mention Factorio, so it seemed to me like the base building would look like... Factorio (or maybe Supreme Commander), wherein your self is actually represented in-game and the extent of your ability to construct things is limited to that self-unit's range. Combined with the open world (rather than maps/scenarios), it thus would make sense for fast travel to exist.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: December 03, 2015, 06:05:19 am »

*A supernatural citybuilder game like Afterlife by Lucasarts but wih greater control over the mortal world (perhaps as a third city)

*A space 4x where you don't start with FTL and it isn't the first thing on the tech tree either
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: December 03, 2015, 06:26:31 am »

So a game idea got described to me and I thought it sounded interesting.
It's a game where you play an elf, specifically, The Last Elf. Anything human-like is extinct including elfdom, and humanity is essentially fading out of existence, essentially wiped out by an invading race of goblins or beastmen.

It's a revenge driven game, you're not really trying to save anyone or anything. It takes place in an open world on a single continent with a detailed ecosystem, there's cities populated by the invaders, supplied with various resources to function. Day night cycle, they wake up and go to work on their what have you. There's plenty of nice and serene areas too, but they get slowly encroached on as the enemy urbanizes.
So your real goal is to wipe out the invaders and their entire emergent civilization through any means; destroying food supplies, spreading disease, inciting wars among factions/city-states, killing sprees, etc.

Regarding the you as elf fighting things, it'd probably make sense as a third-person thing to emphasize being mobile in addition to some pretty difficult combat. Standard access to a variety of weapons, traps, magic that is powered by the blood of your enemies.
There'd be a counter in a menu or even constantly on the hud telling you how many invaders are left in the world. For the longer reaching plans that the player enacts, they can choose to wait a few years, but they'd reproduce and advance technologically. Wait too long without doing anything to them, they reach a renaissance and you lose. But wait a long time and they forget you were real, and form legends and so on.

So when you wipe them out, you can continue playing as normal. Or you can idle for a few minutes, and the character starts walking back to where the game started, and says it's over. Then you can start a new game.

I doubt any large company would try something simulator, and anything that actually gets made would probably be heavily abstracted and lose a bit of flavor in the process. But a wish is a wish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: December 03, 2015, 11:38:21 am »

*A space 4x where you don't start with FTL and it isn't the first thing on the tech tree either
Distant Worlds, if you start in the Age of Shadows. Not only do you not have FTL at the start of the game, but you cannot actually research it at all until you find some ruins or derelict ships that you can reverse-engineer.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6295 on: December 03, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »

A more difficult Kirby Superstar with the ability combining mechanic from Kirby 64, but retaining Superstar's large movesets for each combo.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: December 03, 2015, 03:33:46 pm »

Obsidian-made fallout game made in the Fallout 4 engine.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: December 03, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »

this
all of this
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: December 03, 2015, 04:01:25 pm »

this
all of this

Isnt this what happened with FNV? Honestly, I wasn't a fan of it either.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: December 03, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »

That's literally Fallout:NV.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 577