Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926784 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6315 on: December 06, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »

I think the real problem is modelling a situation where it is most beneficial for the players to act a certain way. At such high levels of freedom the players tend to just go off the charts and find ways to game the system. EVE Online has worked it well mind you, but then there really isn't as much freedom as EVE makes you think there is.
You do realize that there was shit like Burn Jita, Hulkageddon and such?
EDIT:
Not as there is not as much freedom but that EVE Online working out out well.

Fair, but it's not constant. Indeed, those are all planned events of their own! There are many wars fought by thousands of players in EVE with crazy organization.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: December 08, 2015, 02:24:10 pm »

I want a game, where I am a nerd struggling to climb his way up the social ladder.

I want the option to join some gangs and start trouble with drugs in effort to climb higher.
The ability to talk bad about other people, bullshit tactics etc.

Maybe some attentionwhoring skills too.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: December 08, 2015, 03:00:10 pm »

I want more games like Planescape Torment, or at least like the bit that I've experienced; darkly humorous, absolutely packed with detail, every NPC has a unique description, and many interconnected sidequests that have multiple entry and exit points. I've only played the first few minutes of the game thus far, so I can only speculate if the rest of the game maintains this level of quality.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: December 08, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »

I want more games like Planescape Torment, or at least like the bit that I've experienced; darkly humorous, absolutely packed with detail, every NPC has a unique description, and many interconnected sidequests that have multiple entry and exit points. I've only played the first few minutes of the game thus far, so I can only speculate if the rest of the game maintains this level of quality.

There are many similar games to Planescape. Especially on Steam. Honestly, none that I have played have really captured the fun of the 2d isometric RPG.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: December 08, 2015, 04:15:54 pm »

I want a game, where I am a nerd struggling to climb his way up the social ladder.

I want the option to join some gangs and start trouble with drugs in effort to climb higher.

Pssh, I could play that for free by going outside.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: December 08, 2015, 04:21:57 pm »

Vaguebooking skill increased to 58!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:15 pm »

A Warhammer 40000 videogame, accurate to the actual rules of Warhammer 40k, where you play as the forces of Chaos.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6322 on: December 09, 2015, 02:49:35 am »

Pssh, I could play that for free by going outside.
What is... outside?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: December 09, 2015, 03:04:57 am »

Here's one that's actually feasible (except from a copyright standpoint):

Remake the Baldur's Gate series using the engine and interface from the "Gold Box" series.
I dont think the gold box series from 1989 , could handle the verbs from the buldar gate series from 1998. They also used different rules sets of ADND.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: December 10, 2015, 10:13:24 pm »

Text-based game with mouse controls where you're a terrorist of some sort (you decide) building up a terrorist organization. Like Liberal Crime Squad but vastly updated and expanded.

Probably won't happen given the controversial subject matter.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: December 11, 2015, 03:02:07 am »

A spy simulator.  The overworld map would resemble Hearts of Iron, with various nations and organisations trying to dominate each other militarily, ideologically and economically, and with grunts like you working behind the scenes to acquire information for your side and to prevent information from being taken by the other side. 

A more personal, day to day interface resembling something like LCS would be where you allocate actions per day/week/month.  Obtaining intel and playing the long con while evading detection from whatever organisation your infiltrating as well as counter-espionage officers and other spies.  The information you obtain could be just useless chatter, or be the crucial bit of info that gives the higher ups enough of a push to give that invasion or uprising a go ahead.  Actions that one could perform while infiltrating other than feeding data would be turning agents to your side, bits of sabotage, and very risky assassinations. 

Over time, you can progress from being a singular spy in an espionage ring to running the ring itself, recruiting agents, testing their loyalty, persuading defections, all on an increasingly grand scale, depending on your success rate and ability to play both the internal politics of your government and the internal politics of the spy community.

The world would obviously have to be very fluid and act on its own, with your entire job being to report on happenings not known by your side, and adapting your side's knowledge by as much as possible, as accurately as possible.  And of course, not getting killed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: December 11, 2015, 11:11:04 am »

A spy simulator.  The overworld map would resemble Hearts of Iron, with various nations and organisations trying to dominate each other militarily, ideologically and economically, and with grunts like you working behind the scenes to acquire information for your side and to prevent information from being taken by the other side. 

A more personal, day to day interface resembling something like LCS would be where you allocate actions per day/week/month.  Obtaining intel and playing the long con while evading detection from whatever organisation your infiltrating as well as counter-espionage officers and other spies.  The information you obtain could be just useless chatter, or be the crucial bit of info that gives the higher ups enough of a push to give that invasion or uprising a go ahead.  Actions that one could perform while infiltrating other than feeding data would be turning agents to your side, bits of sabotage, and very risky assassinations. 

Over time, you can progress from being a singular spy in an espionage ring to running the ring itself, recruiting agents, testing their loyalty, persuading defections, all on an increasingly grand scale, depending on your success rate and ability to play both the internal politics of your government and the internal politics of the spy community.

The world would obviously have to be very fluid and act on its own, with your entire job being to report on happenings not known by your side, and adapting your side's knowledge by as much as possible, as accurately as possible.  And of course, not getting killed.
+1

If you want to stop the tremors and feeling spiders under your skin for now, try Sid Meier's Covert Action for some counterintel fun.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: December 13, 2015, 10:20:24 am »

A Dark Souls game set inside the Hotline Miami universe.

The two games do have their similarities, and Miami Souls does sound like a title for something.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: December 13, 2015, 02:10:45 pm »

Both are similar, yet kind of...Polar opposites. Hotline Miami is about shock and awe, being fast, and being wild. Dark Souls is about careful consideration and wariness.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: December 13, 2015, 02:20:52 pm »

They also have similar storytelling methods though in two different directions (Souls reveals it's stories through implications in flavor text, Miami does it through implications in dialog, both use the environment for storytelling) and both have divisive sequels which detractors claim missed the point of the original. Both are also all about that 'smash your head against a wall until it falls down' style of difficulty.

The name Miami Souls is beginning to grow on me. Anyone have any ideas for what it could be apart from a mashup between Dark Souls and Hotline Miami?
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 577