Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926969 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6300 on: December 03, 2015, 04:27:49 pm »

That's literally Fallout:NV.
No, that is an Obsidian-made Fallout game based on the Fallout 3 engine.

I want them to do a game with the FO4 engine because it looks so much prettier and because unlike Bethesda they can actually pull off a well-written main plot. Hell, NV is one of my favourite games of all time. I wish to see what else they can do with a better engine.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: December 03, 2015, 04:45:36 pm »

I want a mostly economy driven RTS in an open world (infinite world, probably). Something like a cross between Warcraft3, Settlers and Factorio. But resources last for much longer, if they run out at all. So basically anything you build is self sustaining, no need to go back every time a gold mine runs out.

Could have some sort of fast travel if there's the infrastructure built across towns. As the map expands, there's a chance that the game will generate competing factions. Or just small independent villages to integrate or plunder.

Single player, not MMO.
Except for the open world bit, maybe the Anno series is close to this. Also, what exactly does 'fast travel' mean in the context of an RTS?
Fast travel means "Be there Instantly or near instantly" most of the time.

Well, he did mention Factorio, so it seemed to me like the base building would look like... Factorio (or maybe Supreme Commander), wherein your self is actually represented in-game and the extent of your ability to construct things is limited to that self-unit's range. Combined with the open world (rather than maps/scenarios), it thus would make sense for fast travel to exist.

Yes, basically, a Factorio that isn't about machines, but people and towns. More like Settlers. Replace conveyor belts with haulers. And the xeno-bug things with more varied life including sentient villages.

Wurm isn't at all like what I want, that's more a 3D survival MMORPG thing (currently with a local server version).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: December 03, 2015, 04:51:58 pm »

You could try prison architect! Not exactly what youre lookin for, but it's a start!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: December 03, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »

-snip-
It isnt exactly what you're looking for, but That Which Sleeps is basically this from the other side. You're an Elder God and have to destroy/conquer the world. Complex AI, intricate plots, all that good stuff. It's not out yet, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6304 on: December 03, 2015, 04:59:18 pm »

I want a mostly economy driven RTS in an open world (infinite world, probably). Something like a cross between Warcraft3, Settlers and Factorio. But resources last for much longer, if they run out at all. So basically anything you build is self sustaining, no need to go back every time a gold mine runs out.

Could have some sort of fast travel if there's the infrastructure built across towns. As the map expands, there's a chance that the game will generate competing factions. Or just small independent villages to integrate or plunder.

Single player, not MMO.
Except for the open world bit, maybe the Anno series is close to this. Also, what exactly does 'fast travel' mean in the context of an RTS?
Fast travel means "Be there Instantly or near instantly" most of the time.

Well, he did mention Factorio, so it seemed to me like the base building would look like... Factorio (or maybe Supreme Commander), wherein your self is actually represented in-game and the extent of your ability to construct things is limited to that self-unit's range. Combined with the open world (rather than maps/scenarios), it thus would make sense for fast travel to exist.

Yes, basically, a Factorio that isn't about machines, but people and towns. More like Settlers. Replace conveyor belts with haulers. And the xeno-bug things with more varied life including sentient villages.

Wurm isn't at all like what I want, that's more a 3D survival MMORPG thing (currently with a local server version).

I like this idea. I'll add this to my "Games I Might Get Round To Making (Coding) Some Day" list.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:19 am »

-snip-

I'm actually getting ready to run something pretty similar as pen-and-paper RPG, but set in sci-fi world, instead of fantasy. Still, I'm hoping to make a game like this. One day... One day...
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: December 04, 2015, 03:19:30 am »

I want a game set in the far future, when humanity has been wiped out but you can still see the relics of their brief existence in galactic society.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: December 06, 2015, 05:49:16 pm »

A Planetside 2-esque Warhammer/Warcraft/generic fantasy purely PvP MMORPG/RTS.
I don't care if the world is the most impossibly generic amalgam of high fantasy tropes ever, with humans, industrial dwarves, nature-loving elves, savage goblins&trolls&orcs&ogres, undead, dragons, kobolds, magic and whatnot, I'd love to see a game that puts you into a world like that and just lets you go wild in a massive full-scale war, with player factions, economy, both player-built and pre-built cities (to kickstart things more easily), roads and other facilities necesssary for their realm to properly function. And high-level politics/diplomacy of course.

It may have been done a little bit in sci-fi settings but not so much in fantasy, as far as I'm aware.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: December 06, 2015, 07:11:06 pm »

I don't care if the world is the most impossibly generic amalgam of high fantasy tropes ever, with humans, industrial dwarves, nature-loving elves, savage goblins&trolls&orcs&ogres, undead, dragons, kobolds, magic and whatnot, I'd love to see a game that puts you into a world like that and just lets you go wild in a massive full-scale war, with player factions, economy, both player-built and pre-built cities (to kickstart things more easily), roads and other facilities necesssary for their realm to properly function. And high-level politics/diplomacy of course.

It may have been done a little bit in sci-fi settings but not so much in fantasy, as far as I'm aware.

I think the real problem is modelling a situation where it is most beneficial for the players to act a certain way. At such high levels of freedom the players tend to just go off the charts and find ways to game the system. EVE Online has worked it well mind you, but then there really isn't as much freedom as EVE makes you think there is.

EDIT: Also take a look at the countless Minecraft servers that try to do the same.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:12:38 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6309 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:28 pm »

I think the real problem is modelling a situation where it is most beneficial for the players to act a certain way. At such high levels of freedom the players tend to just go off the charts and find ways to game the system. EVE Online has worked it well mind you, but then there really isn't as much freedom as EVE makes you think there is.
You do realize that there was shit like Burn Jita, Hulkageddon and such?
EDIT:
Not as there is not as much freedom but that EVE Online working out out well.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: December 06, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »

Camelot Unchained, which is still in supporter-only alpha last I checked. It's Arthurians vs. Tuatha de Danann (Irish) vs. Vikings in a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting where everything past the initial training is PvP only, complete with a player driven economy and a voxel based building system. It's made by one of the guys that made Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online (Mark Jacobs), so it has some pedigree behind it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:07:30 pm by Leyic »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: December 06, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »

Here's one that's actually feasible (except from a copyright standpoint):

Remake the Baldur's Gate series using the engine and interface from the "Gold Box" series.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: December 06, 2015, 09:17:34 pm »

I'd like an idle/clicker game with a sci-fi 4X flavor. Choose your starting race, mine for exotic elements, develop your homeworld into an industrial powerhouse, and after plenty of research you can start colonizing other worlds and building massive warfleets to conquer your foes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: December 06, 2015, 09:20:25 pm »

A Chivalry-esque first person fighting game, but instead of weapons and classes, you can choose from every single unarmed combat discipline in known human history.  No need for any time period, or anything to make sense, just a bunch of frenzied Enter the Dragon type hand to hand duels with realistic injuries, stamina, and physics. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: December 06, 2015, 09:56:54 pm »

Yessss.
Maybe have 90s-anime levels of martial-arts Ki-Bullshit powers? :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 577