Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926915 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6465 on: January 06, 2016, 03:13:42 pm »

Dynasty Warriors meets Star Wars. Nnnghhhhhh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: January 06, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »

Dynasty Warriors meets Star Wars. Nnnghhhhhh.
Be careful what you wish for.  Dynasty Warriors meets Fist of the North Star was pretty mediocre.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: January 06, 2016, 05:06:50 pm »

Plenty of PC examples, however yes, they are not at the peak of popularity right now. Also, this is a thread of wishful thinking, I could say that 99,999999% of the games expressed here won't happen ever.
I was deliberately putting on exec-style thinking to demonstrate why I don't think it'll happen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: January 06, 2016, 05:38:51 pm »

i dont know if this one has been mentioned yet.

a 2D evolution game with localized part damage and top down view ?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: January 06, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »

i dont know if this one has been mentioned yet.

a 2D evolution game with localized part damage and top down view ?
Sounds like Dwarf Fortress crossed with Spore.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: January 08, 2016, 04:57:34 pm »

Fortresses evolve. They evolve from idyllic communities to horror-stained charnel houses. It's quite consistent.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: January 08, 2016, 06:55:55 pm »

Dwarves evolve too, into undead...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: January 09, 2016, 06:04:51 am »

Not a game idea, but something I wish more games had: Randomized, narrated death messages a la Fallout 1 and 2. I always got chills when I died in classic Fallout. "Your life... ends in the wasteland..." IIRC, different monsters and certain special deaths even had a chance to give you unique messages.

Undertale has this of course, but it only has one message (except for a specific spoilery instance) and the tone is much, much different.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: January 09, 2016, 07:58:55 am »

I'd like a Sims sort of game, a lifestyle simulator, with everything that the sims has, set during the American Great Depression, with all the nastiness and desperation that entails.  Add in extra options for violence ( and violent death ), a more nuanced emotion system, combined with the immense difficulty of simply trying to not starve too death, and you'd basically have an urban survival game.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: January 09, 2016, 08:52:52 pm »

A game like toribash, but more realistic, better modding, and a better game engine.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: January 10, 2016, 03:37:06 am »

An Arcology management game like Free Cities, but instead of being a text game about sex, have tactical battles in hand-painted environments, looking like Shadowrun but playing more like Final Fantasy Tactics.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: January 10, 2016, 07:55:28 pm »

I wish there was a multiplayer deathmatch game where battlecries are a game mechanic, so your team is just moving along when you suddenly hear a massive roar as the entire enemy team rushes over you. Or vice-versa.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: January 10, 2016, 10:45:45 pm »

A point-and-click adventure based on The 120 Days of Sodom

EDIT:
Did I say that one already?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: January 10, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »

Not a game idea, but something I wish more games had: Randomized, narrated death messages a la Fallout 1 and 2. I always got chills when I died in classic Fallout. "Your life... ends in the wasteland..." IIRC, different monsters and certain special deaths even had a chance to give you unique messages.

Undertale has this of course, but it only has one message (except for a specific spoilery instance) and the tone is much, much different.
Teleglitch had some good ones.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: January 11, 2016, 12:52:18 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor has a randomized death message of "[name of character]. S/he [verb]ed like a [noun]"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 577