Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929205 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6540 on: January 22, 2016, 06:49:33 pm »

I want a single player melee combat game like Chivalry, and you use gibs and severed limbs to weigh down pressure plates, throw at inaccessible switches and cover spikes so you can safely walk on them.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:37 pm »

I want a single player melee combat game like Chivalry, and you use gibs and severed limbs to weigh down pressure plates, throw at inaccessible switches and cover spikes so you can safely walk on them.

I think the closest you could get to this would be Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, combat-wise anyway. I don't think you can use enemy gibs for anything in that game, but then again I never finished it. I didn't really enjoy the non-humanoid fights. Which get more and more common as the game goes on.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: January 22, 2016, 09:38:18 pm »

Did Elderscrolls let you build a climbable ramp out of corpses?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: January 22, 2016, 10:20:05 pm »

Did Elderscrolls let you build a climbable ramp out of corpses?

I don't think so, but I imagine you could try using the editor to find out. It might also be feasible in unedited gameplay, but the mercurial nature of moving corpses in Oblivion\Skyrim would make it tedious.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: January 23, 2016, 12:48:30 am »

A Highlander Game, with all that that entails, y'know, sword fights, quickenings, beheadings, flashy styles and battles that can last ages or end in one stroke.  But that'll only be part of the gameplay, when you actually run into other immortals.

The majority of the game will be something like Crusader Kings 2.  An overworld map with provinces and nations and political boundaries which you, as an immortal, can see shift and change and even affect to an extent.  You can monitor wars and revolutions and movements and all sorts of public stuff, one of the few things that you will not be able to monitor is your fellow immortals, who could be lurking in every nation, province, etc.  Staying in one place for too long risks both death by sword fight, and also hunters, government agencies, anyone wanting to capture or kill a sword-wielding unkillable monster.

One can start from the beginning of human history ( probably when the first sword was created ), then the world would progress, with you fighting other immortals, taking their heads, and surviving up until 20XX, or so, and then the Prize would finally be in reach.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: January 23, 2016, 01:59:14 am »

I think the closest you could get to this would be Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, combat-wise anyway. I don't think you can use enemy gibs for anything in that game, but then again I never finished it. I didn't really enjoy the non-humanoid fights. Which get more and more common as the game goes on.

Climbable mountain of corpses-wise yhere's a couple of platformers out there like SeppuKuties
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: January 23, 2016, 07:30:25 am »

I once had an ideas of survival game where one player would play as human and another - as dog. Denied any opportunity to communicate outside the game, dog would have enchanted detection abilities (such as visualizing smell and sound) but could only communicate with human the way only dog can. Human himself should probably be barred from chat to not be able to establish signalling language beforehand.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: January 23, 2016, 08:26:53 am »

I once had an ideas of survival game where one player would play as human and another - as dog. Denied any opportunity to communicate outside the game, dog would have enchanted detection abilities (such as visualizing smell and sound) but could only communicate with human the way only dog can. Human himself should probably be barred from chat to not be able to establish signalling language beforehand.

I'm somewhat positive it would be virtually impossible to prevent the two players from communicating in some way outside of the game, short of implementing some kind of random matchmaking and not letting either player know the other's name. Or maybe even not telling them it's an online game to begin with, but that could backfire fast once people realize that and the news spreads.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: January 23, 2016, 08:39:16 am »

I'm somewhat positive it would be virtually impossible to prevent the two players from communicating in some way outside of the game, short of implementing some kind of random matchmaking and not letting either player know the other's name. Or maybe even not telling them it's an online game to begin with, but that could backfire fast once people realize that and the news spreads.

Random matchmaking is the idea, yes. Although I thought of it as an experiment we could subject people in labs.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: January 23, 2016, 08:47:15 am »

A full on Fallout settlement/civ type game (Not like the mobile one). Where one can choose all the varied factions that have appeared through Fallout, with a few generic factions such as Vault X (insert changes based on what type it was), or Raiders (With some choosable traits from such Raiders such as Fiends, Forged, or Khans), and Tribals. All fighting for through varied lands for power and strength.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:06:56 am by ZebioLizard2 »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: January 25, 2016, 08:17:48 pm »

There aren't enough beat-em-ups that take place on 19th century steamships.  Someone needs to fix this.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: January 25, 2016, 09:15:16 pm »

Random matchmaking would work so long as the dog couldn't scratch his Skype username into the dirt.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: January 26, 2016, 05:25:21 am »

There aren't enough beat-em-ups that take place on 19th century steamships.  Someone needs to fix this.
Fistful of Frags, fof_robertlee, pull out your brass knuckles and go to town.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6553 on: January 26, 2016, 06:02:06 pm »

Fistful of Frags, fof_robertlee, pull out your brass knuckles and go to town.
Get shoot by someone with two Colt Walkers.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: January 27, 2016, 01:00:50 am »

A game in a Fallout-esque setting but with more factions based on defunct empires, to the point where hey are the primary feature of the setting. Like, where Fallout has the Enclave, the Legion, and the Khans, this game would also have factions based on and psychotically claiming to be the British Empire, the French Empire, the Spanish Empire, the Aztec Empire, the Zulu Empire, the Ottoman Empire, imperial China, imperial Japan, the USSR, the Third Reich, and pharonic Egypt.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 577