Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926953 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7035 on: August 06, 2016, 03:53:22 pm »

I want a Lord of the Rings game from the perspective of Gollum.  You have a Middle Earth world map, lots of different biomes and settlements and factions you can sneak around, steal from, murder sneakily, and otherwise explore.  Eventually Gollum's body starts shutting down the longer he strays from the direction of the One Ring, which will constantly blaze like a beacon on the world map, and Gollum gets stronger the nearer he is to it.
There would have to be a reason to not always be near the ring though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: August 06, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »

I want a Lord of the Rings game from the perspective of Gollum.  You have a Middle Earth world map, lots of different biomes and settlements and factions you can sneak around, steal from, murder sneakily, and otherwise explore.  Eventually Gollum's body starts shutting down the longer he strays from the direction of the One Ring, which will constantly blaze like a beacon on the world map, and Gollum gets stronger the nearer he is to it.

Hunting, evading orcs and men, and maybe trying to gain ground on Frodo by taking another path?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: August 07, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

Hunting, evading orcs and men, and maybe trying to gain ground on Frodo by taking another path?
You have to arrange things to make the Fellowship split up so you can ambush the Ringbearer. Which suggests the Orc attack at the end of Fellowship is secretly Gollum-caused.

Also the game could add spoiler encounters to spoil your attempt as soon as you get close. The Fellowship gains an ally, enters a safe zone, etc.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: August 07, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »

Pretty sure the books imply Gollum was working with the Moria orcs.

Also, perhaps at the beginning of the game he doesn't know where the ring is, and has to learn from spying, what happened to it.

There's a lot of untapped potential for good LOTR games.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: August 07, 2016, 03:42:10 pm »

I wish there were a Silmarillion game. Maybe not starting from the beginning of the universe, but the events surrounding the Silmarils and Melkor seem like pretty good ground for an RPG.

And maybe some characters that aren't reskins of Aragon, Legolas and/or Gimli.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: August 07, 2016, 05:49:21 pm »

+1 to a silmarilion game, honestly I'd like to see a text based game of that.  Real old school.  You input your name, you're just a random member of one of the races, but the world would have to be DENSE.  The amount of commands and options in every area you enter would be staggering.  This would be the First War with Morgoth, so you basically have text-based factions and faction heads, all of whom you could potentially join, and they send you on missions.

As for the Gollum game, I was thinking that the closer you got to the Ring, the stronger Gollum gets, but the more he loses control.  As in, he starts moving on the travel map and in loaded in areas without you directly controlling him, eventually leading him to stupidly attack whoever's holding the Ring ( which if this game is to be randomly generated, might not be Frodo ).  So it's a balance of avoiding wasting away and losing control and getting yourself killed, all the while setting up ambushes, cutting off avenues of travel for the ring bearer, and just being patient. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: August 07, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »

Never take control away from the player, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: August 07, 2016, 06:14:11 pm »

I wish there were a Silmarillion game. Maybe not starting from the beginning of the universe, but the events surrounding the Silmarils and Melkor seem like pretty good ground for an RPG.

And maybe some characters that aren't reskins of Aragon, Legolas and/or Gimli.

It's a bit surprising there hasn't been one already. The Silmarillion is vague in enough places (like the unnamed 10 elven dudes that accompany Beren and Finrod) that you could easily fit something in there without being limited too much (besides stuff like all Noldor characters being doomed\anyone that isn't Beren being able to get the Silmarils.)

Also, you could have a graphical interpretation of Wolf-Sauron, and who doesn't want to see that silly nonsense?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:17:27 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: August 07, 2016, 10:26:35 pm »

I don't think you could pull off a game that's just "the Silmarillion", not without it running into the multiple hundreds of hours. It'd be better to just take specific stories out and make games around them, like the tale of Beren and Luthien or the children of Hurin (oh man, that'd be one helluva game. "Press 'X' to seduce this strangely familiar woman!") Heck, a game company could make a whole 'Silmarillion' series.

I suppose if you wanted to follow the war itself, you could make it a fighting game like the Dynasty Warriors series. That'd get you all five major battles plus stuff like the Kinslaying, the fall of Gondolin, etc.

Oh, wait. Now I really want a Banner Saga mod that starts at the Nirnaeth Arnoediad and follows the refugees. You could have the fall of Gondolin in there, and everything. The tone would fit perfectly.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: August 07, 2016, 10:29:28 pm »

I don't think you could pull off a game that's just "the Silmarillion", not without it running into the multiple hundreds of hours. It'd be better to just take specific stories out and make games around them, like the tale of Beren and Luthien or the children of Hurin (oh man, that'd be one helluva game. "Press 'X' to seduce this strangely familiar woman!") Heck, a game company could make a whole 'Silmarillion' series.

I suppose if you wanted to follow the war itself, you could make it a fighting game like the Dynasty Warriors series. That'd get you all five major battles plus stuff like the Kinslaying, the fall of Gondolin, etc.

Oh, wait. Now I really want a Banner Saga mod that starts at the Nirnaeth Arnoediad and follows the refugees. You could have the fall of Gondolin in there, and everything. The tone would fit perfectly.

Yeah, that is what I was implying. Covering the entirety of the Silmarillion (even cutting out the Valinor bits) would, as you said, be a bit too much for one game. 
Wasteland 1 & 2

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: August 07, 2016, 10:33:20 pm »

I hear Sil (a roguelike) is pretty close to the source material. It's still a pretty traditional roguelike though.

Say, A Thing, have you by any chance ever played the Realms Of Arkania trilogy? Or am I misinterpreting that avatar?
Taste my Paci-Fist

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:11 pm »

I hear Sil (a roguelike) is pretty close to the source material. It's still a pretty traditional roguelike though.

Say, A Thing, have you by any chance ever played the Realms Of Arkania trilogy? Or am I misinterpreting that avatar?

I have played Sil, but not recently. I enjoy roguelikes but I'm not very good at them.

Yeah, I took the portrait from Realms of Arkania 2 recently. Just found the massive evil wizard close-up funny for whatever reason.
Wasteland 1 & 2

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: August 08, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »

I want a game that combines the vehicle creation/modification system in Cataclysm: DDA and puts it in a Wasteland/Mad Max kind of setting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: August 08, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »

I want a game that combines the vehicle creation/modification system in Cataclysm: DDA and puts it in a Wasteland/Mad Max kind of setting.
And gives it a better fucking UI. I'm a master of DF's UI and I still can't get past that shit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: August 08, 2016, 05:33:56 pm »

Something like a mixup of the Yakuza series (a beat-em up with special attacks, random encounters for fighting, revelations, and a whole lot of side/sub-stories) and We Happy Few (randomly-generated world) would be pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 577