Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1405057 times)

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #855 on: March 11, 2012, 11:11:49 pm »

I have some issues getting workflow to work. I tried it with food and Drinks, there it works just fine, but with bins, barrels, Coal bars and bolts it just says it can't produce the items. I copied the commands exactly from the readme file. Is the plugin currently broken or am i doing something wrong here?

You have to create the repeat jobs yourself - it can only suspend or unsuspend them.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:00 am »

Hopefully, I have an easy question, but I have been beating my head against a wall.

I have a dwarf in a mood (Possessed) that is asking for materials that I don't have.  He wants Thread/Cloth of Yarn, but I only have silk and Pig Tail fibers.

I have been trying for a few hours to use the job item-type and item-material commands, but to no avail.  I'm having trouble searching for good results too.

What can I do to change it to... say, a Maple Log?  or just any log in general?  I seem to have gotten far enough that the job requires Wood, and Wood flags2:yarn, which doesn't sound to me like he is ever going to get! haha

Can somebody shed some light on this?  or tell me what to type to make him use something else?  I would love a link to a more detailed example of what the job command is capable of...

Thanks in advance!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 13, 2012, 11:40:12 am »

So where is the old tool for allowing magma buildings ? I accidentally revealed the whole map, now unreveal doesn't work and as I had no volcano I couldn't start with magma buildings.

Now that I have breached the magma sea i have no message, and no unlocking of magma buildings.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:46 am »

So where is the old tool for allowing magma buildings ? I accidentally revealed the whole map, now unreveal doesn't work and as I had no volcano I couldn't start with magma buildings.

Now that I have breached the magma sea i have no message, and no unlocking of magma buildings.

I think 'revflood' is what you want to fix the reveal issue...  I'm not sure how the status messages for revealing the magma sea are counted, but that should hide anything that you can't path to.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #859 on: March 13, 2012, 12:01:42 pm »

The next release will have a "feature" command which will allow you to selectively discover/undiscover individual map features such as the magma sea and the cavern layers - mark the magma sea as discovered and you can build magma workshops (and it will persist across save/load). You'll even be able to use it to halt subterranean plant growth (trees, shrubs, and even grass) within your fortress by "undiscovering" the cavern layers.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 13, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »

Thanks very much for DFhack, but I was just wondering if regrass was likely to make a reappearance?
It seems to have been missing from the last couple of versions.

Yeah, I just noticed myself that regrass is missing from the 34.05 version of dfhack. Is there any particular reason for that? I took a look at the sources and noticed that you changed all other plugins a bit ("Make plugins accept explicit output stream references.") but that change looks trivial.

I think Iīll try to compile my own fork for the time being since I use regrass quite often. Could somebody hint me to the file where the plugins are actually registered/loaded? Updating regrass.cpp looks pretty straight forward. Simply copying the old regrass.dll to the plugin folder didnīt work - obviously, since it needs some changes, but it was not even even recognized by dfhack. So Iīm assuming dfhack has an internal list of which plugins to load at all...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 13, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »

DFhack does not have a plugin list, but it does have a sort of code syntax for plugins to be recognize.

take a look at the skeleton plugin to see what's needed.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #862 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:12 pm »

I think Iīll try to compile my own fork for the time being since I use regrass quite often. Could somebody hint me to the file where the plugins are actually registered/loaded? Updating regrass.cpp looks pretty straight forward. Simply copying the old regrass.dll to the plugin folder didnīt work - obviously, since it needs some changes, but it was not even even recognized by dfhack. So Iīm assuming dfhack has an internal list of which plugins to load at all...
No registration. It just tries to load the plugins and if they aren't for the same version of DFHack, it ignores them.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #863 on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:29 pm »

For the record, I got rid of regrass because it was only meant to be used with fortresses created prior to 0.31.19, since those ones didn't have any grass types, resulting in grass never growing back.

Simply readding it to 0.34.05 would not be meaningful, since all it does is change the tile type to "grass" - it doesn't specify which type of grass exists in each tile. In order to do it properly, you'd have to iterate across all events in the particular block, find the "grass" ones, then randomly pick one and set the density for the tile in question (and if there is no "grass" event in that block, then you'd have to create one, except DFHack doesn't really support doing that at the moment).
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 13, 2012, 03:06:29 pm »

For the record, using tiletypes to change tiles to grass_dark floor has never failed me when I want to regrass. I just grab a big rectangular range brush, set the filtering to soil floors, and paint dark grass flooring over them. Not quite sure about the finer technical points, but in terms of feeding those pastured animals it seems to work well.

Also, feature command sounds awesome. Finally I can throw down random magma forges wherever I like. Screw coal, I got magma!
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 13, 2012, 03:06:30 pm »

So you are saying that simply adding the "old" regrass to 34.05 would not work? It was working fine up to 34.04.

Iīll try to wrap my head around your answer and have a deeper look at the sources of dfhack. Regrass was pretty useful when you pasture grazers like yaks on a rather small area to avoid them starving before they can be butchered. And if you think thatīs cheating - refilling adamantine spires is cheating, too.

----

And thereīs another issue I should bring to your attention: I have a 34.05 embark which REALLY suffers from revealing the map fps wise. I filed a bug report since it also seems to be affected by the setting INVADERS:YES in the d_init.txt

The map goes down to 25 fps when being revealed (instead of 150 or so unrevealed). First time I have that happen. And there is nothing special going on in the caves, I took a look. Hereīs the link to mantis: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5629

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 13, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »

Any adventurer out there you can use reveal as a cellphone and talk to people from long distances.
Combine this with adv bodyswap and interactions you can switch to people past your vision and curse/ignite people miles away.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #867 on: March 13, 2012, 08:12:26 pm »

So you are saying that simply adding the "old" regrass to 34.05 would not work? It was working fine up to 34.04.

Iīll try to wrap my head around your answer and have a deeper look at the sources of dfhack. Regrass was pretty useful when you pasture grazers like yaks on a rather small area to avoid them starving before they can be butchered.
All it was doing was creating "generic" grass that would likely disappear after a single bite and probably not provide any significant nourishment.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 13, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

I'm having a problem with dfhack, which is causing problems for the wiki

I did a dwarfexport command, which gives me a list of awesome dwarves that I was able to import into a spreadsheet.

I used advanced xml converter to move the data into a spreadsheet.

Upon doing so, I found different means for some variables, so I pointed it out in the attribute wiki.

But upon noticing this, I also noticed that some dwarfexports had different populuation sizes than what I currently had, I attributed this to the dead/missing.

However, with my most recent 1500 dorf fort, this was not the case.  1500 simple_embark resulted in a 1500 dwarfexport.

So...

To make a long story short.

Creativity according to my dwarfexport (as well as others who have submitted responses to my requests) is around 1000.

Yet...

In Dwarf Therapist, sorting by 1250 (the reported wiki mean) results in a filter of 50/50%, depending on whether you're below or above.

So something is going on, the dwarfexport does export values from Dwarf Fortress, but what I'm finding is it's not exporting everything.  I'm finding I have more dwarves in dwarf therapist, than I do in my exported spreadsheets (of the non original 1500).

Something is going on between dwarfexport and the dwarf therapist that is creating an issue in trying to establish means and standard deviations for people who wish to base formula's on these results.

Updated: Verified (thank you Splinterz!) that the issue is with dwarfexport's ordering of attribute's.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:01:55 am by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #869 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:00 am »

yeah the order of mental attributes is still mixed on the export. i mentioned it here previously.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 373