Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407875 times)

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1245 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:23 pm »

Hello, I've been running a fort in a world specifically generated to have no hostile races getting all up in my business, but oh look a 50-strong undead siege in my first year. I have no military, no weapons, and no defense. What's the easiest way to zot these zombies out of existence? Asking here since DFhack seems to be my best hope, that or RAW editing.
Just FYI, turning INVADERS off in dinit.txt is a better choice than modding out all hostile races.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 09, 2012, 09:17:35 pm »

Awesome

Worked like a charm!  Thanks!  I think I'm going to back up that little lua file just to make sure it doesn't go anyplace.

[offtopic]
And yes, that's exactly what they are.  (just like my avatar actually)  And yes they use nest boxes.  It's a bit of a production to get them to use them properly though.  Any female will claim one and lay eggs, but only the married ones will hatch.  And even then you have to do the usual thing of disallowing eggs in the food stockpile or they will happily carry their own young to it. 

At least they don't have to be constantly on the boxes like the other egg layers do and they can still get work done.  They just sit on them in their idle time.  When they hatch the mom stops what she'd doing and goes back home and gathers the kid up before he falls into something dangerous just like normal dwarven childbirth, just with a longer commute.

Though as you probably saw I didn't get around to setting it all up yet for this fort, too busy trying out vampire defenses.[/offtopic]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:44 am »

Hello, I've been running a fort in a world specifically generated to have no hostile races getting all up in my business, but oh look a 50-strong undead siege in my first year. I have no military, no weapons, and no defense. What's the easiest way to zot these zombies out of existence? Asking here since DFhack seems to be my best hope, that or RAW editing.
Just FYI, turning INVADERS off in dinit.txt is a better choice than modding out all hostile races.

So noted. Does changing this require a new world?

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 10, 2012, 02:33:22 am »

So noted. Does changing this require a new world?

You can change the invaders setting any time you want (as well as population count etc). But I think you need to restart DF because the ini most probably gets read during startup.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 10, 2012, 07:15:20 am »

Question:
I'm running OSX and I wondered if anybody found a way of using DFhack with mac? I tried the Linux build, figuring that the two are closer together than windows and seems that both executables run through terminal equivalents, but no luck. I can't wine wrap a windows .dl

I just want to use it for adventure mode body swapping - so I can get my companions to pick up armour and weapons when they get hurt too bad, or a better alternative comes along. 
If not, is there another way to do this?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 10, 2012, 09:32:55 am »

The DFhack team doesn't have a mac dev. If you've got the skills needed, feel free to help.

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 10, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »

Haven't looked through the code real closely yet, but was wondering how difficult it might be to add some filters on the "dwarfexport" module to filter out babies, children, dead, etc... Possibly just by adding some arguments like "dwarfexport /some/file nochildren" or some similar syntax...

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 10, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »

<...>
Then move the in-game cursor over a bugged migrant (or it's corpse). In the dfhack console type:
Code: [Select]
dfuse
lua
dofile("fixmigrant.lua")
quit
Could be shortened to:
dfuse "dofile('fixmigrant.lua')"

Edit: maybe... i forget which version is released which is not :/ ...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:45:21 pm by Warmist »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1253 on: April 10, 2012, 03:04:04 pm »

I just tried running that fixmigrant script in a savegame that was posted to the bug report thread, and it did not fix the problem - once I changed it to check/clear flags1.merchant instead of flags2.resident, it worked correctly.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:06:38 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »

Is there a compile with the zone plugin available for 34.07?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 10, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »

I just tried running that fixmigrant script in a savegame that was posted to the bug report thread, and it did not fix the problem - once I changed it to check/clear flags1.merchant instead of flags2.resident, it worked correctly.

I mentioned in one of the mantis things for one of those bugs (not sure if it was the main one or not) that I wasn't entirely sure if my problem was the exact same as others.  As I mentioned there, my migrants are NOT listing as traders, they are listing as normal migrants that just never really join the fortress and keep the @ symbol.

The lua works for me as-is, so I'm starting to think that maybe it actually is another bug, maybe related, maybe not.  But it certainly seems similar.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 10, 2012, 10:27:13 pm »

here's return to fort a function for dfusion use for when your finish exploring the world in adventure mode and want to return back.
now best use this when before switching over to your fort or right when the game is paused after switching. this is needed to safely switch to fort mode(coming from adventure mode) or you will end up crumbling the fort for lack of members.
function tools.Zomb(unit)
if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end
if unit.flags2.resident==true then
unit.flags2.resident=false
end
end
tools.menu:add("Return2fort",tools.Zomb)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 11, 2012, 02:54:44 am »

Idea to expand copystock

To be able to have some sort of code which you can use which defines a stockpiles settings.

The code is basically just what stockpile settings were set, the best comparison, and probably a better example is like the template codes used in Guild Wars which you can paste into the game and it defines your skills and attribute settings. The skill template consists of a single string such as ABJRkncAAAoVAAAAAAAA. This string is Base64 encoded as defined in rfc3548.

So these could be saved to a file or pasted directly into the console window.

For example:
copystock ABJRkncAAAoVAAAAAAAA

To load from a file:
copystock file clothing

To save the currently highlighted stockpile settings:
copystock save clothing

These codes can then easily be shared among the community.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 11, 2012, 03:02:02 am »

I mentioned in one of the mantis things for one of those bugs (not sure if it was the main one or not) that I wasn't entirely sure if my problem was the exact same as others.  As I mentioned there, my migrants are NOT listing as traders, they are listing as normal migrants that just never really join the fortress and keep the @ symbol.

The lua works for me as-is, so I'm starting to think that maybe it actually is another bug, maybe related, maybe not.  But it certainly seems similar.

There are (at least) two different kinds of bugs:

#1 regular migrants who don't become proper part of your fort and stay on the map edge. This would be the case in the savegame Greiger posted. The problem seems to be that they have the resident flag set, clearing that helped.

#2 dwarf traders who don't leave the map. This happens quite often, and clearing the merchant flag does make them part of your fort. But I observed that they will run inside and start dropping all their clothes, which is followed by tantrums because they are naked.

Is there a compile with the zone plugin available for 34.07?
The zone plugin (zone, autonestbox, autobutcher) is still under development and could have bugs here and there. And there are some more features going to be added soon. For the time being, feel free to compile it yourself, but it's a bit too early to release it officially.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:05:49 am by robertheinrich »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1259 on: April 11, 2012, 09:59:51 am »

#2 dwarf traders who don't leave the map. This happens quite often, and clearing the merchant flag does make them part of your fort. But I observed that they will run inside and start dropping all their clothes, which is followed by tantrums because they are naked.
Those "traders" aren't actually merchants that are intended to leave the map - as noted here, they're arriving along with migrants and are just being incorrectly flagged as merchants (despite the Trader profession actually being associated with the "Appraiser" skill used by Brokers).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 373