Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407935 times)

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2400 on: October 15, 2012, 04:45:52 pm »

And please note, as stated in previous posts, to remove old install before pushing new install in, to avoid version conflicts in scripts.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 15, 2012, 08:48:39 pm »

Hello, I've read up on all the workflow stuff but one thing still confuses me. What's the difference between workflow count & workflow amount? From what I can tell amount is total number of items, count is total number of stacks. Is this correct?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »

Not exactly.  Amount is used for things that are made in stacks, whether they're currently in stacks or not.  Case in point: Bolts

If I want 900 bolts on hand at any time, I'd use Amounts set to 900.

When bolts get fired during combat or training, they're seperated from the stack that generated them and, if they survive being fired, are still counted against the total.

So, if I still have 500 in stacks of 25, 175 in the quivers of my squads, 85 as individual bolts on the stockpile(s) and 55 scattered across the map, Workflow would now queue up production orders of 25 bolt stacks until the current stocked level was over 900, regardless of whether they're stacked or not.

I'm still a bit hazy on whether items fired, but still marked as {forbidden} count or not.  However, items in your squads inventories, such as in the example above, will not be counted toward the total available.

If I had set up Count at ((900bolts)/(25bolts/stack)) 36 stacks, then I'd have anywhere from 900 to 36 bolts, since it would be counting bolt "stacks" even if a stack had only one individual bolt, i.e. fired already.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 16, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »

How well does adv-bodyswap work? Can I just switch to another character and play a full game as them, or are there limitations?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2404 on: October 17, 2012, 01:34:32 am »

Added the OSX version :)

Test it, see if it works on your system.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 17, 2012, 04:49:42 am »

How well does adv-bodyswap work? Can I just switch to another character and play a full game as them, or are there limitations?
There limitations better off using the bodyswap in dfusion. Which allows you to switch even if you don't have a nemesis on the character.
Oh yeah you can play the full game as the character or any character using bodyswap just that traveling with out the person having attached to a nemesis hook caused the game to jump to another person. adv-bodyswap is more restrictive in that it won't let you switch unless you use adv-bodyswap force permanent on someone and even then you need to talk or know the person you want to jump into.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 17, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »

Is posible to make a command that allows to blind/unblind dwarfs as needed? It will be really useful.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 17, 2012, 01:25:12 pm »

There limitations better off using the bodyswap in dfusion. Which allows you to switch even if you don't have a nemesis on the character.
Oh yeah you can play the full game as the character or any character using bodyswap just that traveling with out the person having attached to a nemesis hook caused the game to jump to another person. adv-bodyswap is more restrictive in that it won't let you switch unless you use adv-bodyswap force permanent on someone and even then you need to talk or know the person you want to jump into.
Thanks for the help. What do you mean by nemesis?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:41 pm »

Thanks for the help. What do you mean by nemesis?

Nemesis is the data structure used by the game to track which files units should be loaded and saved to. Which means that if you bodyswap into a unit without a nemesis record, it will disappear as soon as you save & exit, fast travel or sleep. This is why adv-bodyswap won't let you swap into such units in the first place.

The name 'nemesis' is what Toady himself apparently uses, considering e.g. the well known "Nemesis Unit Load Failed" error.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:29:29 pm by ag »

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 17, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »

So, anyone who isn't a companion or historical figure?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:24 am »

Yes, the ovewhelming majority of units you see in adventure mode aren't permanent nemesis units; they are auto-generated as needed and discarded when you leave the area. The main exception is various lords, bandit leaders, titans etc. Also, talking to somebody actually creates nemesis and historical figure object on the spot.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 18, 2012, 05:39:08 am »

Sorry if this has been answered before but my mediocre search skills didn't turn up anything. There are a few points in my fortress where I've accidentally dug into a soil layer. I've replaced the walls with constructions and would like to hide the soil tiles behind them, thus creating the appearance that it was all rock to begin with.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From reading the readme it seems that I would want to use the tiletypes command, but I couldn't figure out exactly what sequence of commands would do the job (as opposed to hiding all soil tiles everywhere, for example). Can anyone help?

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 18, 2012, 06:39:39 am »

Sorry if this has been answered before but my mediocre search skills didn't turn up anything. There are a few points in my fortress where I've accidentally dug into a soil layer. I've replaced the walls with constructions and would like to hide the soil tiles behind them, thus creating the appearance that it was all rock to begin with.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From reading the readme it seems that I would want to use the tiletypes command, but I couldn't figure out exactly what sequence of commands would do the job (as opposed to hiding all soil tiles everywhere, for example). Can anyone help?

Type k, point it to any one of those rooms and type in revflood in dfhack. That should solve your problem

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 18, 2012, 06:44:42 am »

It won't, as revflood ignores constructions, for various reasons relating to how the game works.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 18, 2012, 07:06:16 am »

Not exactly.  Amount is used for things that are made in stacks, whether they're currently in stacks or not.  Case in point: Bolts

Thanks for the explaination, I sort of get it now!

So really only things that are made in stacks work best with amount? Therefore really only bolts, coins, and bones (looking at the Stacks Wiki-page (and of course there are no coins at the moment)?
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 373