Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283041 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5430 on: August 19, 2015, 05:47:19 am »

ISG stuff, fairly happy about the fish on the left.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SKURLETONS

SKURLETONS EVERYWHERE

Also, you can thank my brother for the existence of...

SEALHORSE. I still don't know how to draw mouths or nostrils. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: August 19, 2015, 09:21:11 am »

It makes me sad that noone knows what it's from.
But yeah, I see how you could think it's similar to a Space Marine. After all, PAULDRONS!

Yes, it's SS13.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5432 on: August 19, 2015, 09:39:24 am »

Yes, it's SS13.
Yeah, no. While technically you're right, that's not what I meant. The whole thing is SS13, but the Syndicate armor design is from somewhere else. It's red there too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: August 19, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

So I got a book of miscellaneous "robot" projects a few weeks back.

Behold the first of my creations with the aid of the book. Mwa ha ha ha. One step closer to my robot army.
Spoiler: 1st image (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2nd image (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3rd image (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: details (click to show/hide)

Fun to drive and see it move, although currently it has a wire leash which requires the driver to pretty much walk it like one would walk a dog. I intend to make it radio controlled (removing the wire leash from the controller to the battery pack and motors) in the future. Maybe add some other features, like lights or something.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: August 20, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

Some sketches I made today and yesterday. At first I was just wondering how a Marine would fit into power armor, but then it grew into a prototype for a hive-ganger turned Space Marine and his psyker sister turned Chaos Witch. Also thought it would be cool to give the Marine a Chaos-Star scar, trying his hardest to prove his loyalty while having that constant reminder of how he failed his world, his Emperor, and his sister.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: August 20, 2015, 03:48:08 pm »

Not totally finished, still gotta do the background, and some AA. But I just wanted to show that I've improved a bit, enjoy the picture :D

It's not perfect, but it's an improvement.

P.S: If you wanna know who this is, it's the Sole Survivor from Fallout 4.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: August 20, 2015, 03:52:23 pm »

P.S: If you wanna know who this is, it's the Sole Survivor from Fallout 4.

... in an Armored Vault X Jumpsuit with a 10mm Pistol. Yeah, you did a good job depicting him.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: August 20, 2015, 04:05:26 pm »

ISG stuff, fairly happy about the fish on the left.

SKURLETONS

SKURLETONS EVERYWHERE

Also, you can thank my brother for the existence of...

SEALHORSE. I still don't know how to draw mouths or nostrils. :v
http://anexcellent.website/drawing
Reminds me of that one giraffe pokemon with the chain-chomp for a tail.  The mouth looks really good btw!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: August 20, 2015, 04:46:53 pm »

[Tablet dying]
Hurray, it fixed itself!
Unrelated, I spotted a second problem: The stylus battery was leaking. But the main problem fixed itself :v

[Robot]
A good start. Unfortunately, regulations require that I rate your killbot no higher than 'D' without a laser pointer on the front. (Or at least a red tinted flashlight.) Extra credit if its on a rotatable turret. Extra extra credit: rubber-band paper-airplane launcher.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: August 20, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »

that one giraffe pokemon with the chain-chomp for a tail
Girafarig? Heh, I can kinda see it, too. Great work yet again, Shook!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: August 20, 2015, 06:16:16 pm »

[Robot]
A good start. Unfortunately, regulations require that I rate your killbot no higher than 'D' without a laser pointer on the front. (Or at least a red tinted flashlight.) Extra credit if its on a rotatable turret. Extra extra credit: rubber-band paper-airplane launcher.
Killbots come later.

I can at least run into people's legs and annoy them with this, though. :v
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: August 20, 2015, 06:18:37 pm »

Cheaper and faster than children, with all of the benefits!
One wheel short of a wagon

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: August 20, 2015, 10:47:34 pm »

Ahh my first forray into the interesting, and hard world of pixel animation, looks pretty good, but i'm definitelly gonna need to add a frame between his head turning frames.

Going to work a bit more on this tomorrow, hopefully I can add a few more frames that will make it smoother.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5443 on: August 21, 2015, 07:21:36 am »

That is an astoundingly fast improvement you've made, very nice! There's a bit of a mismatch on the lighting direction, though; on the helmet, it seems to be coming almost directly from the side, while on the leggings, it's nearly frontal. Also, about the really bright highlights, there's a little detail about the positioning of specular highlights: While matte materials are indeed brightest where the light hits most directly, a specular reflection will appear at an angle halfway in between the angle to the light and the viewer.

Spoiler: LEG PLATE ILLUSTRATION (click to show/hide)

The only time where a specular reflection will be squarely up against the outline of a rounded object is if the light source is behind it. Oh yeah also, if the light source is coming from the side, he should probably be casting a longer shadow on the cape. You're doing good though, keep it up! :D

also thanks very much Tawa and Cthulu wuv u guise <3
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: August 21, 2015, 10:31:01 am »

That is an astoundingly fast improvement you've made, very nice! There's a bit of a mismatch on the lighting direction, though; on the helmet, it seems to be coming almost directly from the side, while on the leggings, it's nearly frontal. Also, about the really bright highlights, there's a little detail about the positioning of specular highlights: While matte materials are indeed brightest where the light hits most directly, a specular reflection will appear at an angle halfway in between the angle to the light and the viewer.

Spoiler: LEG PLATE ILLUSTRATION (click to show/hide)

The only time where a specular reflection will be squarely up against the outline of a rounded object is if the light source is behind it. Oh yeah also, if the light source is coming from the side, he should probably be casting a longer shadow on the cape. You're doing good though, keep it up! :D

also thanks very much Tawa and Cthulu wuv u guise <3

Thanks muchly for the info on the lighting, and for your compliments :D will get to improving the lighting a bit today, and will try to finish up that Fallout picture too. Thanks again, man :D
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 845