Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279146 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6135 on: December 13, 2015, 03:14:24 pm »

[Landscape]
It would look even better if the trees were casting some nice long shadows.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: December 13, 2015, 03:18:31 pm »

[Landscape]
It would look even better if the trees were casting some nice long shadows.

That's what I was thinking, it looked a little weird to me when I was posting it, and now I know why. I forgot them shadows, will add those in a while.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: December 13, 2015, 03:20:15 pm »

That's not a cute snaek.
It's a nope rope. Danger noddle. It's scary. ;_;

All sneks are cute though! D:
Especially one with an awesome bismuth skin!

I did pixel art of a friend's owl character. Decided to experiment with going lineless and though it was a huge pain, it came out pretty well!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: December 13, 2015, 03:36:48 pm »

Ta-da! Shadows!

I should work on it a bit more, some of those shadows look a bit... Weird, to me.

EDIT: I also fixed a small instance of banding on this sucker!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:42:08 pm by XhAPPYSLApX »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: December 13, 2015, 04:47:40 pm »

The shadows might look better if they just omitted the trunk. For the far - away trees it looks really long compared with the other shadows and the main tree-y part of the shadow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: December 13, 2015, 06:22:25 pm »

The shadows might look better if they just omitted the trunk. For the far - away trees it looks really long compared with the other shadows and the main tree-y part of the shadow.

I'll fix the shadows tomorrow most likely. But in the meantime, I made a Vault Dweller in (sort of) the style of Super Brothers S&S :D probably going to get some animations going on him tomorrow too.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: December 14, 2015, 02:09:08 am »

I decided to try to draw something Dwarf Fortress related, I haven't finished it entirely, but plan on coloring and finishing the lines with digital ink tomorrow :D

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: December 14, 2015, 04:33:02 am »

I think the picture is my favorite part.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6143 on: December 14, 2015, 10:19:49 am »

[buttforehead intensifies]

Also note regarding Coff-e: The upper rim of the cup doesn't appear to be circular, since the part closest to the viewer is too pointed. Allow me to be a cheapskate and illustrate via Krita's perspective tool:

Even with fairly significant perspective distortion, it still just looks like a tilted ellipse. While it is indeed SLIGHLY more curved towards the camera, it's overdone on Coff-e, and really, you can get away with omitting it entirely at that resolution. :v

I did pixel art of a friend's owl character. Decided to experiment with going lineless and though it was a huge pain, it came out pretty well!
just gonna chime in here and say that this is REALLY REALLY GOOD

You've done an admirable job with keeping the various parts distinguishable, which can otherwise be a huge pain in the arse when going lineless. The ONLY part where it blends a bit together is on his right (our left) uh... Hand? But anyways, one of the feathers blends in with the waistcloth. That's pretty much the only nitpick i can find.

also last night i was like "ok imma doodle a thing" and then suddenly an hour had passed and it was 4AM so i called it quits at this point

I am... Actually not really happy with the line drawing here (especially the head), probably partly because i got caught up in cleaning up the sketch instead of doing my usual "draw it over again" deal. So, where is SWORDSNAEK's sword, you may wonder? HAMMERSPACE. Either that, or i didn't get around to drawing it yet. But yeah, these are more or less his "official" colours, not that i'm terribly worried about him being drawn with a slightly different shade of muddy green. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: December 14, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

[buttforehead intensifies]

Also note regarding Coff-e: The upper rim of the cup doesn't appear to be circular, since the part closest to the viewer is too pointed. Allow me to be a cheapskate and illustrate via Krita's perspective tool:

Even with fairly significant perspective distortion, it still just looks like a tilted ellipse. While it is indeed SLIGHLY more curved towards the camera, it's overdone on Coff-e, and really, you can get away with omitting it entirely at that resolution. :v

just gonna chime in here and say that this is REALLY REALLY GOOD

You've done an admirable job with keeping the various parts distinguishable, which can otherwise be a huge pain in the arse when going lineless. The ONLY part where it blends a bit together is on his right (our left) uh... Hand? But anyways, one of the feathers blends in with the waistcloth. That's pretty much the only nitpick i can find.

also last night i was like "ok imma doodle a thing" and then suddenly an hour had passed and it was 4AM so i called it quits at this point

I am... Actually not really happy with the line drawing here (especially the head), probably partly because i got caught up in cleaning up the sketch instead of doing my usual "draw it over again" deal. So, where is SWORDSNAEK's sword, you may wonder? HAMMERSPACE. Either that, or i didn't get around to drawing it yet. But yeah, these are more or less his "official" colours, not that i'm terribly worried about him being drawn with a slightly different shade of muddy green. :v

Thanks for the info on cup part, I'll remember that when I try to make another cup.

Them pixels be arranged in the most awesome of ways, can't wait till I can make mine like that :D

Hopefully he can get his sord back someday. I'm no expert, so I can't really tell what you don't like about it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6145 on: December 14, 2015, 08:07:53 pm »

I just finished this little thing for the Pixel Wars thing THAT IS DYING somewhere below.
Also even the number of bolts is accurate, IIRC. Details, man.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6146 on: December 14, 2015, 08:26:04 pm »

[prodigious detailing noises]

Hella nice stuff there Kot! My brain kind of wants to call out for more violent shadows, but honestly, i'm not sure if that'd even fit your style. Not much else to descend upon like a carrion crow, really, so i'd call that a job well done.

@Happyslap: I can't exactly put my finger on it either, but hey! Also, with your persistence and rate of progression, it'll soon be you giving me feedback for all the careless mistakes i make. :v

also i have messed around some more with swordsnaek and NOW i am happy with it

Spoiler: TRULY SWORDSNAEK (click to show/hide)

Wrangled his snout, fixed the wrong perspective of the uh... Neck part of the helmet, cleaned up some more lines, and ADDED SORD. Yes, i know the sword isn't entirely straight, but i couldn't be arsed to use the line tool for it. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: December 14, 2015, 08:31:09 pm »

SWOOOORDSNAEK WOOO!!!!!!

I want to see SWORDSNAEK in a comic.  Like, seriously.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: December 14, 2015, 10:32:13 pm »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: December 14, 2015, 10:46:22 pm »

It's very good though. Definitly something worth a commission.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 845