Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279173 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7725 on: September 10, 2016, 04:50:39 am »

hi guise i made a dumb little game over the course of two days for game design class

Spoiler: it looks like this (click to show/hide)

Control with WSAD (even though S does nothing) and shoot with left mouse button (and HOLD IT DOWN GODDAMMIT). Mostly i just wanted to practice delicious beam and particle effects. :v

edit: fixed not being hit by the shootyboolets
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:34:28 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:34 am »

angriestgaem.

That's so dumb in all the good ways.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: September 10, 2016, 01:00:13 pm »

Ah, Gamemaker. Harder than it sounds, easier than it looks.

ALSO, I'm celebrating my birthday today (it was on the 6th though) and I'd like to put in a request, if anyone's interested:

Tintin's Bizarre Adventure
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: September 10, 2016, 03:48:05 pm »

hi guise i made a dumb little game over the course of two days for game design class

Spoiler: it looks like this (click to show/hide)

Control with WSAD (even though S does nothing) and shoot with left mouse button (and HOLD IT DOWN GODDAMMIT). Mostly i just wanted to practice delicious beam and particle effects. :v
Is there any logic to which direction the redanger's anger beam comes from? I can dodge yellowanger's angry lasers and memorize the timing to bluefirin's blargs, but them beams are impossible to predict.

Wait, I'm not getting hit by yellow's lasers at all.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:56:15 pm by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7730 on: September 10, 2016, 03:56:07 pm »

confucius say true rage impossible to predict

!!!

They basically just pick one of your sides at random, and will always sweep towards you. This is why i gave them a (relatively) wide and slow sweep, so you have a chance of reacting before it RAGES you. If you were actually supposed to survive, i'd make them a bit more predictable, of course. :v

also i like the term "blargs"

ACH, HANS, HE IS VIELDING A KLOPFER, ABORT ZE MISSION

i like how you say it's "really quick" and yet it's approximately 800 times more detailed than anything i've ever done

:U

Ah, Gamemaker. Harder than it sounds, easier than it looks.

ALSO, I'm celebrating my birthday today (it was on the 6th though) and I'd like to put in a request, if anyone's interested:

Tintin's Bizarre Adventure
In other words, pretty much a perfect level of complexity for a lazy shit like me! People often give it a lot of flak, but honestly, i like it, and the existence of games like Iji, Undertale and Risk of Rain all prove that it can do pretty cool things. :v
Alas, i must pass on the request to the next, for i have no idea what to do with it. But hey, happy belated birbday!

angriestgaem.

That's so dumb in all the good ways.
Mate, that's what i do.

B[

Every time i try to make something serious, i almost invariably end up thinking "HMM THIS NEEDS SOME DUMB-SPICE" and that's how all the silly elements in Angry Laser Space came to be.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: September 10, 2016, 04:01:06 pm »

Also, it seems that the lasers that yellow enemies shoot have no hit box or something, because I can't get hit by them if I try. :/
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7732 on: September 10, 2016, 04:09:31 pm »

ACH, HANS, HE IS VIELDING A KLOPFER, ABORT ZE MISSION

i like how you say it's "really quick" and yet it's approximately 800 times more detailed than anything i've ever done

:U
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication", eh? Simple things keep cohesion better, they're easier to make and they're easier to look at, they convey emotion better and so on. I actually think you're way better than me because I literally can't make simple things. I am unable to make simple drawings, all I make is detailed, sometimes overly, which causes detail overload which causes fuck-ups.

To put it in context - I spent maybe 30-45 minutes on this. Way too long for that quality, honestly, though for my defence I must say that at least 20 minutes of that would be searching for references.

EDIT:
Poland. Death wish is mandatory.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:03:17 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: September 10, 2016, 07:08:03 pm »

First attempt at any form of landscape.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Also, out of curiosity I took pictures to show progress.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: September 10, 2016, 11:34:42 pm »

I made a tree.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: September 11, 2016, 05:06:09 am »

Nice tree.

What did you render it with? Looks like there are some transparency issues with the shadow.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: September 11, 2016, 09:10:21 am »

It was rendered in Maya.

And yeah, I noticed those. It turned out to be an issue with the shadow attenuation setting. It was on 0.5 by default and switching it to 0 fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:14:11 am by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7737 on: September 11, 2016, 10:55:01 am »

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication", eh? Simple things keep cohesion better, they're easier to make and they're easier to look at, they convey emotion better and so on. I actually think you're way better than me because I literally can't make simple things. I am unable to make simple drawings, all I make is detailed, sometimes overly, which causes detail overload which causes fuck-ups.

To put it in context - I spent maybe 30-45 minutes on this. Way too long for that quality, honestly, though for my defence I must say that at least 20 minutes of that would be searching for references.

EDIT:
Poland. Death wish is mandatory.
Sweet jesus fuck you're fast. :v
Thing is, though, my drawings being relatively undetailed doesn't stem from an acutely developed sense of "less is more", but rather from profound laziness and an inability to detail heavily even if i tried (... although this may also be because i generally don't use references). I guess we're just different like that. :P

Also, it seems that the lasers that yellow enemies shoot have no hit box or something, because I can't get hit by them if I try. :/
Wwwwwwhoops, my bad, missed a line of code that made it actually check for those collisions. :v
I've updated the previous link, and here it is again if you're still interested.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7738 on: September 11, 2016, 11:14:06 am »

Sweet jesus fuck you're fast. :v
Depends. Sometimes I'm doing something for months (I started making an Wh40k Battleship around the end of June or something, still haven't finished it), sometimes it takes few minutes. It mostly depends on how motivated (so how shitty I feel at the moment and how much I need to do something to silence the shitness) I am.

Thing is, though, my drawings being relatively undetailed doesn't stem from an acutely developed sense of "less is more", but rather from profound laziness and an inability to detail heavily even if i tried (... although this may also be because i generally don't use references). I guess we're just different like that. :P
Eh, references are mostly ideas. The Arbite is mostly a mix between Wh40k stuff (chestplate, coat, pauldron, club (I also wanted to make it more like a cattle prod, but eh) and some fur capes) and more realistic actual riot armour and not so over-the-fucking-top proportions (PAULDRONS). I also wanted some more like Soviet-style face-plate visor, because I honestly find the idea of permanetnly reducing visibility in helmet (like canon Arbites do) to a tiny fucking slit a bit retarded, even the Judges did it better.

As for the cavalrymen, I guess I got it pretty accurate.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: September 11, 2016, 01:55:33 pm »

First attempt at any form of landscape.
Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Also, out of curiosity I took pictures to show progress.

It's just a bunch of little things. Perspective is a little off, but generally headed very much in the right direction. Shading seems to need some workshopping. Step one: do less. There's so much graphite on the page it's a little overwhelming. Instead of trying to "color in" everything, only really shade the highlights. For the mountains/rocks/towers only shade the parts that sun isn't shining on directly, and for the grass only give us he edges and a few patches in between--our brains will fill in the rest. That pillar could be made much larger... It almost throws off the distance because of it's similarity to the towers in the distance--it's also fallen at a somewhere odd angle. But like I said, everything is heading in the right direction. Looking quite good obviously, just a case of practicing!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 845