Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853773 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7035 on: February 28, 2020, 10:51:21 pm »

Got a teensy bit inebriated tonight. Ended up feeling (and to a lesser extent, expressing) emotions that I really rather would've done without. It got noticed.

It ended up being a nice night all in all, but now I can either hope that the most sober and cognitive person involved somehow completely forgets about the agreement we made within the next 40 hours, or I have an extremely uncomfortable and potentially catastrophic conversation ahead of me. Which of course means that my paranoid mind is going to stress itself to its absolute edges for the entire time.

Also I got to experience a couple friends rolling like fuck on MDMA, which was... Curious. First time I've seen it in the flesh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: March 01, 2020, 03:51:50 am »

I decided to look up GoRemy, a guy on YouTube who used to make short, goofy rap songs about things like McDonald's, weather reporting, Mario Kart and Magic: The Gathering. Apparently the reason he hasn't done a new video for ten years is because he's busy making YouTube content for some libertarian magazine. Sigh.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: March 01, 2020, 05:47:37 am »

Short goofy rap songs about that stuff don't sound viable to keep a channel going. He made the right call. When were his videos? 2009 or so then? Shit like that could get views back then. But not now.

Makes me think of stuff I've heard from the early days of television. They had some Indian (the country) guy who was really good at piano, so he got his own halfhour of just playing the piano. Basically before they really even had the concept of what a TV show was. Get any old shit and shove in on the screen, and it was live. At least there weren't commercial breaks back then, someone would just come on the voiceover and says "Aunt Gladys's sing-a-long is brought to you by Camel Cigarettes, for that smooth flavor nine out of ten doctors recommend".

Youtube in 2006-2009 was a lot like early TV. It's to be expected that the type of content that flourished back then is gone. It's not even "commercial networks" that are to blame. The amateur stuff back then just couldn't survive the basic fact that people worked out how to make content of some basic level of quality (see Philip DeFranco for a guy who made that transition).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:01:54 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: March 01, 2020, 06:27:26 am »

Indeed. Truly, we have now entered the renaissance of YouTube Poop.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: March 01, 2020, 08:32:05 am »

Also I got to experience a couple friends rolling like fuck on MDMA, which was... Curious. First time I've seen it in the flesh.
I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: March 01, 2020, 09:45:07 am »

Indeed. Truly, we have now entered the renaissance of YouTube Poop.

I don't know. It was all crap all the time. It's basically regular TV now. Occassionally, someone's home video will be gold, but you have to dig through 10 mountains of poop to see that. This golden era when Youtube content was good. It never existed, it was always shit with the occasional funny video.

But hey, now there are actually decent tech and gaming channels and documentaries on there. It is actually better. I could spend all my time watching retro gaming tech documentaries on youtube now. That's better than the shit they used to have in the good ol' "golden days" of Youtube. Yes, it's more commercial and polished. It's also a million times more entertaining and informative than the random talking head grainy shaky-cam "personalities" that were big back in the day.

Actually this is better than TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxx2F4ffmeE
The 8-bit guy is some old dude who clearly grew up with that gear and is into it. One of the better channels. If this was one of the current crop of broadcast TV "gamer" shows, they'd get rid of him and have a focused-grouped bunch of trendy diversity-approved early 20's types teaching you about those groovy 80s games.

When TV infiltrates Youtube it's merely annoying - Youtube turning into TV level stuff. But when Youtube infiltrated TV, it was a shitstorm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Figglehorn#Fred:_The_Show

Basically, they tooks something that's funny for 30 seconds - a really annoying character, sort of like on the level of a really annoying but funny advert ... then decided it would make a great TV show. It. Did. Not. Kind of like how Tom Green is funny in small doses / skits, but a Tom Green movie is excruciating.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:01:53 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: March 01, 2020, 09:57:55 am »

Ah, I think you may have misunderstood. YouTube Poop (YTP) is itself a specific genre of... "content"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_Poop

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: March 02, 2020, 08:52:02 am »

Yeah, that's normal. You just need to keep the stress low enough to not kill you in the short term.
What, so I can have a long, drawn-out death by stress instead? You're really sellin' this to me...

Yeah, that's how life normally goes.

Ah, I think you may have misunderstood. YouTube Poop (YTP) is itself a specific genre of... "content"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_Poop

Nah, I already know about cake sitting videos. I think I'll sit this one out.

Edit: I took a Benadryl and 2 other relaxants, hoping to actually sleep last night. I failed, but I don't seem to have embarrassed myself too bad in the time between taking all of that and laying in bed awake all night, so...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:03:43 am by Iduno »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: March 02, 2020, 11:51:35 am »

Well, there was no conversation. Not yet at least. She's been a bit preoccupied with other matters.

Those other matters have now made the entire situation considerably more complicated than previously thought.

I'm in for a severely chaotic, definitely weird, possibly agonizing time in the weeks ahead.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: March 02, 2020, 01:06:38 pm »

I've been going through something somewhat similar.

Only it's been going on for months.

Finally hooked up with this woman I've been interested in for a long time. Not dating, supposedly just as fuck buddies.

Well....turns out that shit is more complicated than the harmless name it has would imply.

She keeps going in close then pulling away, even though we've had sex at least once. We get close and intimate and then at the last moment....she pulls away.

At this point I can't tell if she's actually in to me anymore, or is just feeling trapped by getting in to something she now wants out of.

I'm a talker, I try to talk things out. I've given her outs, and parsing the various statements she's made, I think she's trying to give me an out. But no amount of talking has made the situation any clearer. I've literally said "If you want out of this thing, I'll understand" multiple times. She has said neither yes or no to that idea.

It's a shitty feeling to possibly watch someone go from "I'm in to you" to "I'm not actually in to you" and how you back out of that while still maintaining a friendship. Also doesn't help that I think I'm more emotionally wrapped up in it than she is. I tend to get attached to people, I'm a bit of a romantic. So it's difficult to reset the throttle on my emotions sometimes.

So I've been trying to mentally disengage myself with the idea of being with her, despite the fact I'm still in to her, because I'm not going to keep throwing myself at someone who is just going to tell me no. I've got more self-respect than that. But it has been tough, because I see her multiple times a week at work and she can be a merciless flirt. It's been a rough last couple of weeks being plagued by doubts and taking a hit to my self-esteem, which was pretty damn good right up until I actually connected with someone.

It's case of "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" for both of us. And that kinda sucks. I wish I could just feel chill and casual about all this stuff, but it's not how I'm wired. It was supposed to be just kinda fun and sexy and care-free but it's turned in to anything but.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:07:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: March 05, 2020, 01:17:29 pm »

Argh. I'm finally going to bed at 4:16 and it occurs to me that I never got around to recording the bits I remembered of my dreams from the previous night. 

The fancy stone and the jam room. Maybe that will jog my memory if I look at this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: March 05, 2020, 01:49:00 pm »

My head is starting to hurt more, and I can't concentrate. Pretty sure I'm sick, and I can't do anything about it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: March 05, 2020, 07:54:16 pm »

*snip*

Sex is a lot more emotionally involved than modern media would make you believe. It might work out that way when you’re doing it with an attractive stranger, but this was a woman who meant something to you. Don’t think of yourself as someone who was too sensitive to enjoy something fun, cause this was more than that.

You wanted to get closer with her, and though she might not admit it, that’s what the two of you ended up doing together. It’s not one-sided either. If your description is accurate, then she has been opening up to you, even if she does shut herself away again.

Unfortunately, I can say from experience that the heart isn’t interested in compromise. Having a small portion of what you want is often worse than having nothing at all. Your only mistake was not knowing that piece of wisdom. But since you are in this now, you have to either resolve your issues and become a proper couple, or end this half-measure of a relationship.

If you want my advice on the matter, I can tell you that a lot of conflicting feelings are going through her head and she’s trying to figure herself out. The reason why she’s not accepting your easy outs is because she’s unsure of herself and is afraid to act until she is certain of what to do. There definitely are some things she likes about this relationship that she wants to hold on to.

Which is why you have to act instead. She’s trapped in her comfort zone and doesn’t want to lose what’s familiar, but venturing into the unknown is the only way you will ever make progress towards some kind of conclusion. You were kind and considerate by asking her what she wants, but now it’s time to move forward. You’ve heard everything she has to say. No matter what outcome you get, in the long-run you will be better off than where you are now, so don’t be be afraid.

What exactly you should do should be your decision. You know the most about this relationship and there may be some important details that we’re missing. The decision I made about a relationship I had in the past ran contrary to everyone’s advice yet it was the only thing I tried that finally made me happy. The advice I’m about to give you should be treated as just one opinion that you can accept and discard at will:

I think you need to put the sex on hold for a while. It’s clearly something you both enjoy, but it’s giving you a way to avoid the real problems the two of you have. In a lot of relationships intimacy is built before sex happens, so it should be possible for you to do that with her. If that doesn’t seem to be happening, then it probably isn’t meant to be. No sex can make up for this.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: March 07, 2020, 10:06:15 pm »

Some forumers were pissed and flamey at one another

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile