Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1220344 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4965 on: October 12, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »

Yeah, it has that feel, but next update we'll be able to decorate artifacts with reactions properly!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: November 06, 2015, 10:53:20 am »

so I posted a story in the whats going on in your adventure thread, and decided to draw that entire scene out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: November 06, 2015, 02:08:49 pm »

Sssssseventeen/fucking10!

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: November 15, 2015, 05:57:19 am »

Not as good as that Rumrusher stuff up there. Just another goblin adventurer, close to how they were described in-game. This is from a small world I genned specifically to get some adventurer descriptions, but somehow wound up with goblins being the only dominant race and everyone else being dead in 250 years. Fun!

Honestly I like drawing my adventurERS more than my adventures.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4969 on: November 15, 2015, 09:36:55 am »

Awww, I wuvs her! I wanna take her home and eat «dwarf meat cookies» together.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: November 15, 2015, 12:37:48 pm »

...I drew goblin tiles to fit the g, with eyes that fit the quote marks, but I like the soldiers being more distinct from the civvies so I added dots. To make them stand out even more next to the elves and humans I changed them to being vertical bars instead of the horizontal ones humans have.

Now I can't see them as anything but bunny ears.

Thanks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: November 15, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

"Oh they look like rabbits to you?"
"body swapping and YOU!"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: November 16, 2015, 05:13:07 am »

It's a dwarf-hole, and that means magma.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: November 16, 2015, 01:46:21 pm »

so drawn my adventurer and my chief medical wizard's description didn't think my character is so muscular that her hair is buff.
oh yeah I noticed I recruited a goblin swordwoman so I guess she got along well with the group to not get horribly murdered instantly.
"body swapping and YOU!"

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: November 16, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »

How do you guys get stuff done? Everytime I get back to adventure mode in DF2014 I get this:

(D&D content pack. Five hours of asking people about directions, dissecting griffins because nothing else attacked, and cutting kobolds into pieces with no resistance.)

While in DF2012 i get this:

(Masterwork. No one seems to need any help. A night troll cave found by accident, but no one cared.)

It's like the game doesn't want me to have epic adventures.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: November 16, 2015, 04:51:32 pm »

How do you guys get stuff done? Everytime I get back to adventure mode in DF2014 I get this:

(D&D content pack. Five hours of asking people about directions, dissecting griffins because nothing else attacked, and cutting kobolds into pieces with no resistance.)

While in DF2012 i get this:

(Masterwork. No one seems to need any help. A night troll cave found by accident, but no one cared.)

It's like the game doesn't want me to have epic adventures.
My suggestion is to kill everything in sight, then take on stuff like bronze colossi or Titans.

Also your drawings are 10000000X better then mine.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: November 16, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »

well SQman the game doesn't give you adventures you have to go out and make one... or wander around til you pop into a weird scenario where fun is to be had.
also I'm modded to the gills and using dfhack.
before non mods and dfhack I just played fortress guardian and waited in keeps till one day a Demon pop up.
like god I'm asking how the hell do you guys keeps getting all the boring adventurer issues/scenarios where I get :

build a team of demon hunters to protect a random hell demon walking in and murdering everyone.
ALLY Dog LEADER of PETHOUND who follows me around killing elves with his army of animals and his second command tiger.
discovering Nightcreature_bogeyman is safe to add to civ races and activating the cackling Murders every  bogeyCiv near you if you end it.
the only one I didn't get to do is the murder your entire zombie army for the hand of a giant towering Lizard demon lady and rule over goblins.

hmm I guess I don't bother with peasant quests or hunting people and just wander around adventure mode with my group of lovable losers who will murder each other and bump up into those legendary folk.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: November 16, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »

well SQman the game doesn't give you adventures you have to go out and make one... or wander around til you pop into a weird scenario where fun is to be had.
also I'm modded to the gills and using dfhack.
before non mods and dfhack I just played fortress guardian and waited in keeps till one day a Demon pop up.
like god I'm asking how the hell do you guys keeps getting all the boring adventurer issues/scenarios where I get :

build a team of demon hunters to protect a random hell demon walking in and murdering everyone.
ALLY Dog LEADER of PETHOUND who follows me around killing elves with his army of animals and his second command tiger.
discovering Nightcreature_bogeyman is safe to add to civ races and activating the cackling Murders every  bogeyCiv near you if you end it.
the only one I didn't get to do is the murder your entire zombie army for the hand of a giant towering Lizard demon lady and rule over goblins.

hmm I guess I don't bother with peasant quests or hunting people and just wander around adventure mode with my group of lovable losers who will murder each other and bump up into those legendary folk.
I once walked the earth with a couple of drunks, or otherwise commit an act of genocide until some random ass pikeman knocks me unconscious and I get stabbed to death. Like you said, you MAKE the adventures, not follow them.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: November 16, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »

Dwarf fortress Pacifist seems to bring out more FUN adventures than Dwarf fortress MurderRuns (mostly due to being able to retire anywhere is more rewarding than killing that character off by starvation).
like you can talk enemies out of murdering you and hopefully trade goods with them, or joining you to go on trade caravans.
you could play up the factions some of these characters have and park one group of mercs and wandering adventurers in one spot then recruit another group and bring them over.
if your lucky you get 2 friendly folks PISSed off at each other and start stabbing all with you safe from the struggle.
watch 2 companions talk to each other and have one tell the other to YIELD.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: November 16, 2015, 11:46:15 pm »

What do you mean by nightcreature_bogeyman civs, by the way? Adding the tag to humans and such, or adding, say, bogeyman_1 to a civ definition?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 365