Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 435219 times)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1770 on: November 05, 2015, 10:30:09 pm »

I've heard that there's a problem with the in-game save feature that makes regions unplayable after 20 saves or so and that the only way around it is with dfhack 'quicksave' and 'die' feature. I'm not speaking from personal experience, this is just rumor I've heard.
This is turn like nineteen. Assuming this was true, we'd have a dead save way sooner. Ive savwd more rhan twenty times with my two turns combined.

Good point. Though it does sound like the problem is with saving and loading. I have games crash during saves too. I actually can't play Large worlds on my computer because they crash when I try to quit out of the game. I hope this works out. Doomforests has so much history. If it's the save then the whole region's probably gone so you can't even retire the fortress and start a second one in the same world rule by lizard Illuminati.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 06, 2015, 03:19:45 pm »

I've heard that there's a problem with the in-game save feature that makes regions unplayable after 20 saves or so and that the only way around it is with dfhack 'quicksave' and 'die' feature. I'm not speaking from personal experience, this is just rumor I've heard.
This is turn like nineteen. Assuming this was true, we'd have a dead save way sooner. Ive savwd more rhan twenty times with my two turns combined.

Good point. Though it does sound like the problem is with saving and loading. I have games crash during saves too. I actually can't play Large worlds on my computer because they crash when I try to quit out of the game. I hope this works out. Doomforests has so much history. If it's the save then the whole region's probably gone so you can't even retire the fortress and start a second one in the same world rule by lizard Illuminati.

My copy has the same problem.  It seems we'll need to revert the save to an earlier turn.  In this case, I don't want to replay my turn.  With school and work it would take me too long.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 07, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »

Letter to Drazoth

Hmm why do you ask? No matter old friend, I do have some parts of his body, but we are have gone missing, either sold on the Crundle market, or even stolen for other nefarious means. I have my eye on a Crundle gang known as The Seeing Eye for the ladder. I hope this helps old friend.

Sincerely, Master Mecha Engineer TechnoXan II

OOC: sorry for the long wait on my end guys! Hopefully I will be more avalible for RP now.  :P
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 09, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »

Makes one wonder if there is a point to going to an earlier save... Maybe... Maybe we just should start over?

Put down those torches and pitchforks, I will show myself out.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 09, 2015, 12:36:39 pm »

Makes one wonder if there is a point to going to an earlier save... Maybe... Maybe we just should start over?

Put down those torches and pitchforks, I will show myself out.

Since it was taking so long I've begun replaying my turn.  I will post when i have finished.  Since i don't have rp to write, I expect to be done spring and summer by the the end of today.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 11, 2015, 10:59:02 am »

Okay guys, we have a big problem.  I've tried multiple times to replay my turn, but the save keeps corrupting.  All I know is that step-ladders and mountains are part of the problem.

If any body has any suggestion speak up, cause I'm out of ideas.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 11, 2015, 02:57:53 pm »

Autodump destroy all the stepladders?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 11, 2015, 03:56:52 pm »

It won't work. The game is crashing when it's loading the save. The errorlog shows that game can't recognise stepladder token used for Mountain (dwarven) civ in entity_default.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 11, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »

Maybe you guys should go back to a save that works and retire the fortress and start a new one in the same world?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1779 on: November 11, 2015, 04:35:25 pm »

maybe you should go back to a save that works and finish of the maze?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 11, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »

Even reverting, it still corrupts.  That's what I've been trying, minus the maze.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 12, 2015, 12:25:56 am »

Maybe you guys should go back to a save that works and retire the fortress and start a new one in the same world?

Ladies and gentlemen, the game is sending us a message. Nothing can stop Doomforests, and we should leave it be quietly. Necromancers, demons, mages and deities have tried to use it in their plan, and the fortress has survived all of their schemes.  Let the dwarves of the Hall of mortality enjoy their daily lives, supervised by goblins, inquisitors, brewers and mechanics.

It is time.

No longer will the dwarves be idle pawns in the games being played. No longer will they stay passive and watch. It is time to strike back, and show the world just how badass we are. It is time.

Let us march on Datetattooed.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 12, 2015, 12:34:21 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, the game is sending us a message. Nothing can stop Doomforests, and we should leave it be quietly. Necromancers, demons, mages and deities have tried to use it in their plan, and the fortress has survived all of their schemes.  Let the dwarves of the Hall of mortality enjoy their daily lives, supervised by goblins, inquisitors, brewers and mechanics.

It is time.

No longer will the dwarves be idle pawns in the games being played. No longer will they stay passive and watch. It is time to strike back, and show the world just how badass we are. It is time.

And how long, dear Minister, have you had that speech prepared?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 12, 2015, 02:10:35 am »

It is time.

And how long, dear Minister, have you had that speech prepared?
I made it up on the go while eating cereals.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 12, 2015, 10:16:55 am »

As I said a while back, I suspect that save corruption is all that COULD kill Doomforests at this point.  It's only about 1 XP away from taking on its own sentience and playing US.  Let's leave before that happens.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 144