Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859388 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2016, 05:51:38 pm »

I'm just feeling lonely for some reason...And it's just sad.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:53:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2016, 08:07:02 pm »

Arrrrrggh, my digestive problems had seemed to be clearing up, but now all of a sudden they've returned with a vengeance, along with the accompanying haemorrhoids. My butt has been replaced by a fiery portal to the deepest depths of some hell or other, send an exorcist posthaste. Or maybe it's just something I ate. Or maybe it's just my body getting pissed off about all the healthy stuff I've been eating recently instead of the usual junk. Who knows.

I'm just feeling lonely for some reason...And it's just sad.
*awkward, unintentionally homoerotic hugs* :P
Seriously though, hope things get better for you soon. Go buy a slab of beer and show up at a friend's place, preferably one you haven't seen in a while?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2016, 10:37:13 pm »

Well, considering that I lack beer purchasing ability, a desire to beer/alcohol, and friends...
But thanks for the sentiment nonetheless.

It seems to have gotten better, at least.  Though maybe I'm just back to not paying attention.  Eh, it works.

...Also, Yoink's butt, stop being an ass.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2016, 12:57:04 pm »

I was about to have a happy to share in the happy thread.

Then I realized my inept-ass uni administration might have massively screwed me up and I traded in a happy for AAAA STRESS EVERYTHING MAY BE FUCKED FOREVER FOR THE YEAR.

GIB BACK HAPPY, ADMINISTRATION. GIB.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »

So I was playing War Thunder Enduring Confrontation, finally waited long enough to get into my sweet captured German P-47, and started to climb. It was only at 10km up that I realized I'm actually playing against Russians so I am not going to meet any enemy from 500 meters up.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2016, 08:41:12 pm »

I feel like a(t least one) beer, but I'm staying with family/others who might possibly disapprove of drinking this early in the day.
Also I cbf walking down to the bottle shop in this crummy little town. Wouldn't be very polite to go drinking whatever's in the fridge, either.

At least tomorrow I'll hopefully be catching up with friends, if any of them respond to my messages, at least.
But I want a drink now, not then. Today has been kind of annoying.

Edit: When I get home in about a month's time, I'm gonna dump my luggage in my room then head straight down the road to the liquor store.
Not sure what I'll buy, that really depends on how much money I have and what the weather's like... but it's gonna be good. Hopefully the weather isn't too shit by then; Summer is apparently supposed to be ending soon. I feel like lounging on the couch in a stifling hot room, shirtless, drenched in sweat with an ice-cold beverage in one hand (or maybe even one in each hand!), rubbing it over my naked torso between swigs and piling the empties up before me like some sort of grand-yet-unsteady monument to the Party God a drink.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:20:40 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »

I failed to notice a cute girl sitting near me in the lunchroom was talking about Death Note with an acquaintance of mine until the conversation had progressed to a point where it would be awkward to join in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »

I failed to notice a cute girl sitting near me in the lunchroom was talking about Death Note with an acquaintance of mine until the conversation had progressed to a point where it would be awkward to join in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"So how about that live-action series, eh?"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:10 pm »

I've been trying to draw a comic for about an hour.

Any time I try to think of something funny, my comic ends up being about something that makes me angry, sad or frustrated instead.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2016, 09:34:42 pm »

Basically the opposite problem I have. I've got a bunch of story ideas but no drawing skills to speak of.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »

Well I can't draw either. Any people, buildings, cars, real-world vehicles etc. that I try to draw look like garbage, so I draw abstract shapes and weird creatures so I can pretend that they're supposed to be misproportioned and odd-looking.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2016, 09:55:10 pm »

I've been trying to draw a comic for about an hour.

Any time I try to think of something funny, my comic ends up being about something that makes me angry, sad or frustrated instead.
Did you try templating?

Basically akin to storyboarding, it includes making rough drafts of where your figures/characters/backgrounds are and their general orientation, shading, or otherwise :3 Keep trying I say! The art of drawing takes time to practice and be proficient in, and also needs experience (especially in spatial or fine psychomotor abilities), so practice is usually the best way forward. That's what I've done before I could draw anything of proportion anyway ._.
No need to degrade yourself based on current results! Write down the funny idea in text or word for later, and keep your drawings variant and fluid in the meantime if you can't hit that goal you currently have.
Also keep those first times you've done them. Use them as a basis to see how much you'll improve over time and cheers to you!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2016, 11:52:59 pm »

I didn't do a chapter for my research paper in time. I thought I had 'til next Friday but apparently it was due yesterday. So, now my group and I are missing two quiz grades for finals and an incomplete grade for midterms.

How do you guys even college properly?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2016, 12:44:59 am »

Prioritize, and keep in mind which assignments are worth how much. It's not uncommon for me to let a 10-point math worksheet slide if it means I get something much larger and more important done on time.

Also, keep a calendar of assignments. Put reminders on your phone, computer or paper calendar.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2016, 06:28:25 am »

Assuming college in the US is similar to university in Europe: Also remember that you do not fail as a human being if you just go a bit slower, spread out your courses over an additional semester or two.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 779