Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651190 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5715 on: December 06, 2016, 03:34:43 am »

I vary between nonsensical nicknames, things that I think match the mon well, or spoonerisms or rhymes.

I had a Durant in BW2 called Tertanium; in SuMo i named my Toucannon "Cantillery", my Exeggutor-A "Pandanus", a guzzlord I caught but don't use much "Paula Deen", and a few other similarly silly names. I have a Starmie called Yarmie.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: December 06, 2016, 04:36:09 am »

Napoleon the Empoleon is always the example I throw out. I will never stop being smug about that any time it says "Napoleon, you're in charge!"

But beyond that, I've named my Decidueye Diana as a low key nod to Greek Mythology and Wonder Woman, which turned out to be cool when she became the owl archer.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: December 06, 2016, 05:55:42 am »

Napoleon the Empoleon is always the example I throw out. I will never stop being smug about that any time it says "Napoleon, you're in charge!"
I'm pretty sure the steel-armored penguin would be more smug about that.

I don't normally name my Pokemon, except possibly for Contests(which don't exist in SuMo, REEEE-). I did name my OR Froslass La Saia, who proceeded to completely wreck the Toughness Contest circuit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: December 06, 2016, 06:25:05 am »

Some of my other nic-names are from completley non-canon observations:
Kids' WB had pokemon for a few seasons way back when and they had a little cropped comercial where a Scizor crushed one of Ash's pokeballs with a single claw...hence:
Crush the Scizor (Defensive Mega-Scizor Build.)

there's also my nic-names for the Starter Monkeys: gender+Hair-style
Sis Bob - Female Simipour (as in bob-cut style hair)
Bro Toupee -Simisage (Nuff said, that brocoli turning into a toupee is just...WHAT)
Bro Hawk - Simisear (plays on Fauxhawk and Mohawk both, honestly I was outta ideas)
--it's not really canon they are siblings or have these hairstyles, but that's what I thought of when i saw them.

And Finally Carbo the Torterra - name was inspired by a Boss-class Turtle-type foe in FF12.
(and I also have Timid Turtwig named TeenyCarbo, which is not much more than a pet but still...)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: December 06, 2016, 07:48:20 am »

Indeed it does. Fortunately it's good til like march or something.

For those of you in postgame that QR code made me find that there is a mall in the first island city.  I don't remember it being there at all.  Judging from the contents it opened up after beating the game.  And you are not actually told it exists.

I found that by accident pretty much right after getting the Charizard ride and going back to the first island to hunt for Zygarde Cells. I think I stopped to check if the outfits in shops rotated like in XY, and just ran into the wrong door.

Next thing I know, I've been abusively harangued for walking in a public place, then dragooned into picking up what is clearly thinly-disguised Poke-poop and feeding it to a Pokemon like some godawful recreation of 2 Grimers 1 Cup. I actually flinched when I encountered my second, non-psychotic, janitor in the Game Freak building.

Later I spent half a minute frantically mashing a large bone into a bowl spraying goo everywhere while the camera focused on Mallow's midsection as she kept instructing me to do it faster and harder, and then managed to jump into Olivia's bed and get a message about what the mattress told me about her personality or something. The undertones in this game are getting weird.

So, this is extremely random, but does anyone here nickname their Pokemon with regular people names? Like... George? Richard? Fitzgerald?

Just wondering if I'm the only one.

I do occasionally, though I generally try to avoid it. I prefer to use references or bad puns, but I've been known to name things random gibberish when I can't think of anything, (which is more and more frequent after 7 gens of Pokes) flat-out insulting nicknames for Pokemon who gave me an unreasonably hard time when catching them, (Like the zubat who killed half my party using SOS/Confuse Ray stall...) and stuff like 'Tradebait' or 'Sparekachu' or what-have-you for Pokemon I'm catching to trade to NPCs.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: December 06, 2016, 10:27:30 am »

Indeed it does. Fortunately it's good til like march or something.

For those of you in postgame that QR code made me find that there is a mall in the first island city.  I don't remember it being there at all.  Judging from the contents it opened up after beating the game.  And you are not actually told it exists.

I found that by accident pretty much right after getting the Charizard ride and going back to the first island to hunt for Zygarde Cells. I think I stopped to check if the outfits in shops rotated like in XY, and just ran into the wrong door.
That particular mall is available as soon as.... well I found it as soon as I got the Tauros/first ride.  It was kind of a 'Hey, there is enough room for me and my bull to walk into that.'
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: December 06, 2016, 05:47:24 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: December 06, 2016, 06:23:38 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »

I've discovered such a bizarre issue with Pokemon Refresh that it seems like an oversight; either on GameFreak's part or my own.

Basically, when trying to clean up very large two-screen Pokemon like Snorlax, anything that needs cleaning on the top screen seems to be unreachable. I've tried pressing every button, I've tried to "drag" the screen with the stylus with and without tools, I've tried combining all of the above...but my Snorlax's head remains dripping wet and I can't get the blow dryer up there.

Am I missing something obvious? Did the developers completely overlook the possibility of needing to using cleaning equipment on the top screen?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: December 06, 2016, 09:16:52 pm »

I couldn't come up with an answer either. When you feed them a jelly bean it moves the camera and you can interact with the upper half, but you can't do that until they're tidied up.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: December 06, 2016, 09:39:24 pm »

Somehow it worked for me by putting the stylus (with or without a tool) up at the top of the touchscreen and holding it there. I think I discovered that on accident.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: December 06, 2016, 10:30:20 pm »

When you feed them a jelly bean
Boy and His Blob flashbacks intensify
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: December 07, 2016, 02:39:41 pm »

Give me four days and I can answer the question regarding Female Trainers as i have a spare copy with a Female Trainer half-way there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 463