Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4296 4297 [4298] 4299 4300 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8798798 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64455 on: August 02, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »

Shooting things and fantasizing about interspecies yaoi > crying, I guess

>_> <_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64456 on: August 02, 2013, 02:19:14 pm »

What I've been told is that the key to stopping procrastination is empathy with your future self (from a very good source).
Huh, thinking about it that way is actually a pretty creative way to get over it. I always procrastinate quite a bit, but I can get over it if I think about all the pain in the future procrastinating further is going to bring.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64457 on: August 02, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

What I've been told is that the key to stopping procrastination is empathy with your future self (from a very good source).
I suppose that might work.  I usually end up getting angry about putting things off, remembering being angry about putting prior things off, and then channeling that rage into a fit of GRAH FUCK IT I WILL GET IT DONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW I WILL DO IT AND THEN IT WILL BE FUCKING DONE which usually fuels a burst of productivity for a while at least. 

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64458 on: August 02, 2013, 02:47:12 pm »

My growing hatred for Past Bauglir has also helped. That lazy bastard is kicking back and enjoying video games and shit, while here I am doing all the work! I'll show him.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64459 on: August 02, 2013, 02:48:42 pm »

every single time i try to hate my past self i start hating my future self because that fucker's going to have it easier than me

my mentality's wrong for this entire mindset i think

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64460 on: August 02, 2013, 02:57:32 pm »

Shooting things and fantasizing about interspecies yaoi > crying, I guess

>_> <_<
I think so. Crying for hours sucks, and leaves you drained and ill-prepared to tackle what remains. Destroying things is energizing, and fantasizing at least provides for some stress release.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64461 on: August 02, 2013, 03:00:05 pm »

See, that might be my problem, I have a hard enough time summoning empathy for my current self, let alone future self. I might need to work on that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64462 on: August 02, 2013, 03:05:08 pm »

I thought that you guys were talking about procreating for a few minutes there....

Still works.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64463 on: August 02, 2013, 03:24:59 pm »

I'm installing Origin on my computer because I got BF2 for free awhile back, and I want to play the new Project Reality release. This would be fine, if I wasn't using fucking Origin. I feel dirty just having it on my computer.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64464 on: August 02, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »

I'm installing Origin on my computer because I got BF2 for free awhile back, and I want to play the new Project Reality release. This would be fine, if I wasn't using fucking Origin. I feel dirty just having it on my computer.
Same. Mass Effect trilogy! Yay!
Origin! Aww.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64465 on: August 02, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »

. . . Yeah, Origin reeks; Steam is only okay because it really acts as a secondary, opt-in distro service..  If you happen to end up online, though, I'm under "Quadratura" playing a female human infiltrator with white armor.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

socks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64466 on: August 02, 2013, 07:29:06 pm »

Friend!

Thanks, I will take a look when I can, but... I've tried a lot of different online tutorials and stuff. Idk why I never seem to get it. It's the same with other complicated stuff. Maybe I just have a simple brain or something. :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64467 on: August 02, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »

Friend!

Thanks, I will take a look when I can, but... I've tried a lot of different online tutorials and stuff. Idk why I never seem to get it. It's the same with other complicated stuff. Maybe I just have a simple brain or something. :(

Or maybe it takes everyone a hell of a lot of work to understand complicated stuff.  That's why we call it complicated...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64468 on: August 02, 2013, 08:06:11 pm »

. . . Yeah, Origin reeks; Steam is only okay because it really acts as a secondary, opt-in distro service..
Still don't see the hate with Origin, there are more worse platforms out there and luckly Origin seems to be trying to move towards a steam-like experience.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64469 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

Your brain is composed of about 8.6 * 10 ^ 10 neurons, or in scientific terms, a lot. There is nothing simple about it. You have to give it a little credit. A system that large, powerful and complex takes a little time and effort to integrate a new pattern that is somewhat alien to how it normally functions. We don't think in the same way a computer thinks, so not picking up instantly is in no way a sign of failure.

I would say the most important part of learning anything new is being confused. I've seen people who aren't confused when they first try programming, and it is because they are just copying lines without trying to understand what they do. If you are confused, it means you care enough about not understanding something to eventually get it, instead of letting it wash over you.
Pages: 1 ... 4296 4297 [4298] 4299 4300 ... 8157