Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083433 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r2
« Reply #2160 on: February 11, 2015, 06:40:11 am »

I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get multiple retired adventurers to migrate to a fortress in a reasonable time.

As an alternative, is it possible to do some sort of bodyswap thing to switch one unremarkable fortress-embark dwarf with one retired (non-migrant) adventurer dwarf? Or is there any way to influence which dwarves arrive in a migration wave?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: February 11, 2015, 09:52:58 am »

I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get multiple retired adventurers to migrate to a fortress in a reasonable time.

As an alternative, is it possible to do some sort of bodyswap thing to switch one unremarkable fortress-embark dwarf with one retired (non-migrant) adventurer dwarf? Or is there any way to influence which dwarves arrive in a migration wave?
oh yeah adventurers if they don't rest at the site first will move to their first resting place.  the game tends to move around people frequently and if you say play any of your dwarves in adventure mode do expect them to bug off to some local site when you unretire the fort.

But all you need to do for getting adventurers playable in dwarf fortress is to use makeown or manually set their civ ids to the fort civ(another dwarf citizen will help with this) then remove the is resident flag.
there no bodyswapping needed though do know this is if you get said adventurer on the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:29 am »

Hmm, the retired adventurers I used 'tweak makeown' on can't be selected for any jobs in the noble screen.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: February 12, 2015, 02:27:33 pm »

Hmm, the retired adventurers I used 'tweak makeown' on can't be selected for any jobs in the noble screen.
yeah that's the major problem with the current discovery is that it's pretty hard to figure out how to make those guys pop up in nobles, though I do remember warmist making a script called tofort which slaps the adventurer as a mayor of the site then also switches to fort mode.
edit: well then

looks like Angels are a civ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
need to figure out how to make these sites okay for reclaim and retire...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:40:42 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Hurkyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: February 12, 2015, 05:09:13 pm »

I found a bug in the Sand indicator -- it told me a region had sand, but as far as I can tell it only has sandy loam. :(

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: February 12, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »

Have you made any modifications to the raws? Is there any sand listed by "prospect all"?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Hurkyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: February 12, 2015, 07:13:58 pm »

Have you made any modifications to the raws? Is there any sand listed by "prospect all"?
I hadn't changed anything other than what the LNP launcher can do. I didn't think to try prospect to check for sand; I wish I hadn't deleted the save now so I could help debug. :(

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: February 13, 2015, 10:42:47 am »

I hadn't changed anything other than what the LNP launcher can do. I didn't think to try prospect to check for sand; I wish I hadn't deleted the save now so I could help debug. :(
According to the source code, embark-tools watches for any material tokens that started with "SAND_", and the underscore should have excluded sandy loam.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: February 13, 2015, 07:19:40 pm »

For some reason I can no longer search worn out items in trading menu. Typing x has no effect.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:09 pm »

Some more basic structure stuff that's unlabeled for some reason.

world.entities.historical_entity.entity_raws.anon1 is the entity type as per the order in the raws, 0-5 corresponding to dwarves, elves, humans, goblins, kobolds and cave furries by default. The divine guardian entities start from 6 and go onward from there.

I don't know what anon2 means yet exactly, but each one of the above types seems to have its own series of 32-bit integers, identical to the letter. My dwarves have the longest one at 1008 entries, followed by humans at 491, elves and goblins at 292 & 235 and finished by kobolds and cave tribals at 112 and 97 respectively. Divine guardians are the shortest with only 27 integers, but each one seems to have its own specific unique contents despite the identical length.

e: well, duh. My LAYER_LINKED entity raws are exactly 97 lines long discounting the ENTITY:xyz headline and Toady's comments. Each integer corresponds to a line of text in the raws.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:03:00 pm by scamtank »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: February 13, 2015, 08:17:34 pm »

Can someone help with updating an older script?

This one here: Encumbrance calculator

Using it as it is results in the speed column being messed up, pushing lines of the table out of alignment. Some of the speeds are listed as 1.#INF, some as 10.

I took a look at the script, and found the line         d.speed = round(100000/dfhack.units.computeMovementSpeed(v))

computeMovementSpeed leads me back to the Units.h module, containing         DFHACK_EXPORT int computeMovementSpeed(df::unit *unit);

I can't do anything with that. So I saw there was a getStrength(v) function with the note "from getPhysicalAttrValue in Units.cpp, which is not exported for lua", and I tried to adapt it to get the unit's speed instead. It didn't work.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: February 13, 2015, 09:27:12 pm »

For some reason I can no longer search worn out items in trading menu. Typing x has no effect.
Has this ever worked? Are you referring to the search plugin?

Some more basic structure stuff that's unlabeled for some reason.
The reason it's unlabeled is because nobody has identified it. (As a side note, you should never use anon_* names in scripts - these are fields that don't actually have a name at all, but are assigned that name in order to compile and be visible. Any changes a structure can change the names of its anon_* fields.)

Quote from: scamtank
I don't know what anon2 means yet exactly, but each one of the above types seems to have its own series of 32-bit integers, identical to the letter. My dwarves have the longest one at 1008 entries, followed by humans at 491, elves and goblins at 292 & 235 and finished by kobolds and cave tribals at 112 and 97 respectively. Divine guardians are the shortest with only 27 integers, but each one seems to have its own specific unique contents despite the identical length.

e: well, duh. My LAYER_LINKED entity raws are exactly 97 lines long discounting the ENTITY:xyz headline and Toady's comments. Each integer corresponds to a line of text in the raws.
Do you mean pointers (e.g. 0x86414ba6) instead of integers? DF is probably storing the raw text of the raws (similar to many other raw structures) as pointers to character arrays.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: February 13, 2015, 09:36:13 pm »

Has this ever worked? Are you referring to the search plugin?
I don't recall.
x is a valid keyword in the enhanced stocks menu and trade depot menu(bring goods to depot). Maybe they are not the same thing at all.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: February 13, 2015, 10:06:15 pm »

Do you mean pointers (e.g. 0x86414ba6) instead of integers? DF is probably storing the raw text of the raws (similar to many other raw structures) as pointers to character arrays.

Yeah, that's it I guess. I'm still disoriented enough from my attempt to rebuild the armorstand-capacity patch that I just see absolute hex values.

And I'm not really running custom scripts of any sort, I'm just banging rocks together with gm-editor and gleaning out whatever patterns it gives me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:09:40 pm by scamtank »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: February 15, 2015, 10:43:12 am »

How hard would it be to move the RPC calls into another thread? Or would I have to make my own netcode for that? Because I have discovered that, at least with the current implementation, I can't do realtime stuff with it, as any request needs to wait till the next frame to get a reply.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 360