Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082902 times)

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r2
« Reply #2190 on: February 18, 2015, 08:06:56 am »

When i try to save a stockpile setting i get this error:
Code: [Select]
stockpiles_save ./stocksettings/Material SP Feeder ./hack/lua/plugins/stockpiles.lua:142: Cannot invoke field (global).stockpiles.stockpiles_save(): C++ exception: CHECK failed: (bytes_produced_by_serialization) == (byte_size_before_serialization): Byte size calculation and serialization were inconsistent.  This may indicate a bug in protocol buffers or it may be caused by concurrent modification of the message..
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'stockpiles_save'
./hack/lua/plugins/stockpiles.lua:142: in function <./hack/lua/plugins/stockpiles.lua:130>

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: February 18, 2015, 03:56:43 pm »

Is it possible to load a script while loading a save?
I want to load a simple list of workflow orders, but I don't know how to do it
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: February 18, 2015, 04:31:12 pm »

You can save commands in a text file and run them with the "script" command. I believe workflow data is saved in each world that uses it, so you shouldn't need to do this more than once per world.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: February 18, 2015, 06:36:26 pm »

I made an album with some of the screenshots that seemed relevant to this:

[snipped for brevity]
...I think I'll just train them up until they're not encumbered by their regular gear. Then the DT-identical speeds will be accurate for my purposes.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: February 18, 2015, 09:15:04 pm »

Yeah, it's confusing as heck, at best it looks like you could pull the top value from that list, but I can't find it when you aren't moving!

It does seem to have an accurate depiction of modified movement speed though, as it shows the change from grabbing a plat slab which didn't actually slow me down, but still put the value from like 624... to 557... or something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: February 19, 2015, 02:12:10 am »

Hmm. I can't really think of a proper scientific way to determine army stuff. There are too many unknown variables at this point. Any advice?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: February 19, 2015, 02:24:00 am »

Hmm. I can't really think of a proper scientific way to determine army stuff. There are too many unknown variables at this point. Any advice?
I know a few fields...
Code: [Select]
unk_48[0] -> is_player (or sth like that)
unk_pos1 -> position
some array i forgot, has first id as nemesis id of traveling unit. (will look when i get home)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: February 19, 2015, 03:34:35 am »

You can save commands in a text file and run them with the "script" command. I believe workflow data is saved in each world that uses it, so you shouldn't need to do this more than once per world.

Yes I know, but I want to be able to replicate the orders in another fort.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: February 19, 2015, 05:13:35 am »

Is it possible to load a script while loading a save?
I want to load a simple list of workflow orders, but I don't know how to do it
Yes I know, but I want to be able to replicate the orders in another fort.

Here's the process (similar to autobutcher export):
  • Load up the fort to export settings from.
  • Open an external terminal, in the df folder.  (On windows you can do this by typing cmd into the adress bar of the file explorer)
  • In the external terminal, run the command
    dfhack-run workflow list-commands > workflow.txt
     (on OSX or Linux, start with ./dfhack-run)
  • Change to your new fort.
  • In the dfhack console, run the command
    script workflow.txt
Done!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: February 19, 2015, 05:50:05 am »

Thanks!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: February 19, 2015, 08:32:13 am »

same civ from the same group from the same culture or what ever
What defines that? Unit's "civ_id"? What else?
also you need to remove the resident flag from them so they could pop up.
You mean set it to "false"? If so, they're showing up in the units list, but their status is "tame" and no labours can be given to them.
and even then you need to do more fancy dfhackin to get them into the noble screen and the military
What exactly? I was looking through various scripts (none of which worked supposedly because they were written for older versions of DF or maybe they shouldn't work with other races at all?) like Warmist's "addToFort" and dfhack sources, but since I know neither LUA (though it looks very simple by itself I'm not familiar with the DFHack's LUA API and some pieces of code which people use in their scripts aren't documented), nor C++ or ruby I have troubles understanding it.
I'm currently trying to understand how Warmist's script works step by step by putting single lines of it into my "example" script and seeing what it gives in console but maybe his script should work only for dwarven caravan guards and animals in the first place?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:34:01 am by Rusty_knight »
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 19, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »

same civ from the same group from the same culture or what ever
What defines that? Unit's "civ_id"? What else?
also you need to remove the resident flag from them so they could pop up.
You mean set it to "false"? If so, they're showing up in the units list, but their status is "tame" and no labours can be given to them.
and even then you need to do more fancy dfhackin to get them into the noble screen and the military
What exactly? I was looking through various scripts (none of which worked supposedly because they were written for older versions of DF or maybe they shouldn't work with other races at all?) like Warmist's "addToFort" and dfhack sources, but since I know neither LUA (though it looks very simple by itself I'm not familiar with the DFHack's LUA API and some pieces of code which people use in their scripts aren't documented), nor C++ or ruby I have troubles understanding it.
I'm currently trying to understand how Warmist's script works step by step by putting single lines of it into my "example" script and seeing what it gives in console but maybe his script should work only for dwarven caravan guards and animals in the first place?

well the thing is dwarf fortress is pretty anti-multi-race forts, warmist found a way via Raw hacking the game to get around this way back in 40d era, that method is kinda lost in time, what's left is well the ability to alter the mainfort's Race id which chances who's the playable civ's race site is, like changing the fort from dwarves to goblins will set all the 'tame' goblins to peasant and all the dwarves to 'tame', though you might want to makesure the site has citizen goblins first before attempting dfusion set current race.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: February 19, 2015, 09:45:15 pm »

Friendship's still around and working.

Next version it'll be fully obsolete though.

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 20, 2015, 03:23:49 am »

well the thing is dwarf fortress is pretty anti-multi-race forts, warmist found a way via Raw hacking the game to get around this way back in 40d era, that method is kinda lost in time, what's left is well the ability to alter the mainfort's Race id which chances who's the playable civ's race site is, like changing the fort from dwarves to goblins will set all the 'tame' goblins to peasant and all the dwarves to 'tame', though you might want to makesure the site has citizen goblins first before attempting dfusion set current race.
Well, there's certainly a way to do to it through RAW edit, as "Succubus Dungeon" mod uses it and this was the first thing I'm looked into. But when I tried to do that myself I got dwarf civs full to the brim of "slave" goblins, probably due to their non-eating, non-drinking and biological immortality. And whether the sizes of clothes and armor will be suitable for such "slaves" is a big question.
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: February 20, 2015, 03:44:51 am »

Well, there's certainly a way to do to it through RAW edit, as "Succubus Dungeon" mod uses it and this was the first thing I'm looked into. But when I tried to do that myself I got dwarf civs full to the brim of "slave" goblins, probably due to their non-eating, non-drinking and biological immortality. And whether the sizes of clothes and armor will be suitable for such "slaves" is a big question.

The solution was simply to transform the units into your fort race and use makeown + some flags and historic figure manipulation. It only look multi race because you, as a player, go through a whole process with these creatures to make that happen.

In the current version the imported creatures do not appear in the noble screen but are ok for the military. I need to find out what I missed there.

In the world scale, you have to remember that positions tend to be chosen based on personality and immortal creatures have the chance to train speech forever, but afaik humans are the most likely to take over.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:47:19 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 360