Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082877 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4260 on: May 08, 2016, 10:19:04 pm »

I meant to comment on this before, but is there a reason you chose the falling/minecart projectile mechanics over the shooting mechanics? I currently split my projectile scripts allowing you to chose which one you want, but if falling/minecart is always better then I might just remove the choice to simplify the script.
Soft landings I think are the main reason. Not having thrown items destroyed automatically.
just realized now you can sink a sword into a person 7 times, and have it visually look like the person got stab by 7 swords at the same time from 7 different directions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: May 09, 2016, 12:10:28 am »

just realized now you can sink a sword into a person 7 times, and have it visually look like the person got stab by 7 swords at the same time from 7 different directions.

you wouldn't happen to have a screencap? it's been a while since we've had a fanart-inducing headscratcher to inflict on the internet

zenos14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4262 on: May 09, 2016, 11:40:34 am »

anyone else having difficulty with AutoChop in 42.x? I'm getting a weird thing where the woodcutter seems to get stuck repeatedly trying to chop down a tree that they already chopped down a while ago.  This is in alpha1 on Windows, haven't tried alpha2 yet.  I'll load that up and run some more tests, see if I can reproduce it in a different fort.

--nomad_delta
I'm getting the same issue Nomad here is, but I'm using the new release, anyone else seeing the same thing?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: May 09, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

you wouldn't happen to have a screencap? it's been a while since we've had a fanart-inducing headscratcher to inflict on the internet

Oh yeah, I laughed just by reading!

Anyhow to stay on topic of DFhack(ing): I still need a full-heal command that doesn't get rid of my necromancy. Pretty please?
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: May 09, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »

It doesn't come back the tick after? That's what it does to vampirism, at least.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: May 09, 2016, 01:45:06 pm »

Huh, sounds like it's clearing curses. I could add a -keep-curses option or something, probably.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: May 09, 2016, 01:55:44 pm »

here's a gif of a spider corpse exploding into 7 clones

I also just dump this gif on tumblr and more folks are amazed with spider web dropping than dfhacking a corpse into 7 projectiles
"body swapping and YOU!"

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: May 09, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »

It doesn't come back the tick after? That's what it does to vampirism, at least.
Huh, sounds like it's clearing curses. I could add a -keep-curses option or something, probably.

From what I remember about a week or more ago when I tested it I intentionally jumped from a tree and broke a few things as a necromancer, I then of course went to 'z' screen/character stat screen to where I initiated the ritual of 'full-heal', alright good, damages healed/removed but minus being a necromancer. I then investigated a bit by walking around with my character a bit to see for real and make sure that my character wasn't a necromancer anymore and nope, she wasn't.

That was then, now I just booted up the game again to check even though my character currently has no injuries and yup, removes necromancy... but after 30-60 ticks in I'm back to being a necromancer so that's a big-arse relief for me.

Still though, wish there was a version of the script that didn't instantly cure necromancy/vampirism/weresomething.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: May 09, 2016, 08:34:11 pm »

From what I remember about a week or more ago when I tested it I intentionally jumped from a tree and broke a few things as a necromancer, I then of course went to 'z' screen/character stat screen to where I initiated the ritual of 'full-heal', alright good, damages healed/removed but minus being a necromancer. I then investigated a bit by walking around with my character a bit to see for real and make sure that my character wasn't a necromancer anymore and nope, she wasn't.

That was then, now I just booted up the game again to check even though my character currently has no injuries and yup, removes necromancy... but after 30-60 ticks in I'm back to being a necromancer so that's a big-arse relief for me.

Still though, wish there was a version of the script that didn't instantly cure necromancy/vampirism/weresomething.
so here's the script I use for healing wounds on my adventurer.

Spoiler:  for draggarth (click to show/hide)
this script doesn't poke into syndromes and remove them.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: May 09, 2016, 08:38:01 pm »

So, how many minutes was DFHack stable before a new major DF version was released?  :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:34 pm »

So, how many minutes was DFHack stable before a new major DF version was released?  :)

Just over two weeks, not a bad result at all!

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: May 09, 2016, 09:24:39 pm »

so here's the script I use for healing wounds on my adventurer.

Spoiler:  for draggarth (click to show/hide)
this script doesn't poke into syndromes and remove them.

Thanks! And derp, it looks like a slightly altered 'healunit' script which I was somehow completely unaware of until now as I named your script/code to 'heal-self.lua' and put it there in the scripts folder and had a facepalm moment. Makes me wonder what else have I been missing. *slaps self* Will test it later when I get back to DF, still.. thanks!

EDIT: Now I just need to know how safe it is to use DFhack as it currently is in DF version 0.43.01.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:33:32 am by Droggarth »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: May 10, 2016, 10:33:06 am »

EDIT: Now I just need to know how safe it is to use DFhack as it currently is in DF version 0.43.01.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

0.43.01 came out yesterday. DFHack typically lags about a month behind. In all likelihood, DFHack is going to skip 0.43.01 and go to whatever stable 0.43.0x version fixes a bunch of the new bugs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:39:25 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: May 10, 2016, 10:51:42 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

0.43.01 came out yesterday. DFHack typically lags about a month behind. In all likelihood, DFHack is going to skip 0.43.01 and go to whatever stable 0.43.0x version fixes a bunch of the new bugs.

Heh, that's me that can't think straight anymore. Arghhh.. I give up with this waiting for something thing, I'm done. Too many times done that and too many times negative outcome. Here's me going.. whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTnaYO5WLg

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: May 10, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »

Are there any anticipated design changes with DFHack this time around?  Or will 0.42 code simply run on 0.43 once all of the non-trivial memory mapping work is done?

While that work proceeds, is there anything that folks would like to see added to my simple accessibility tools for possible inclusion in the base distribution?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 360