Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083466 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4395 on: June 14, 2016, 07:23:26 pm »

Woohoo! Reveal! Labors! Gm-editor! I love you!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:41 pm »

I'm not sure what the protocol is, here, since I wasn't the one who originally added it to DFHack.

As of very recently, the protocol for anyone working with scripts is to fork https://github.com/DFHack/scripts and make pull requests.  Generally, it doesn't matter at all who added it; if you've made an improvement it's good to share that!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:38 pm »

I don't think create-item ever did, but createitem GLOVES:BLAH_BLAH did.

Of course! derp. That function was the first thing I used to spawn gloves and gauntlets.. gonna try it later. I never did use gui/create-item to spawn gloves/gauntlets, I only used it to spawn a necromancer slab.

EDIT: Nevermind, got too curious so I tested it anyway, "createitem GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS ISCHRONITE" and "createitem GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES ISCHRONITE" spawned a pair of left/right item for hands. Exceptional quality though but turned it to masterful with DFtool and thankfully manages to get the name of my character on them as if he/she had crafted/forged them. Awesome!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:40:26 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: June 15, 2016, 09:55:28 am »

First, I'd just like to thank the DFhack people for doing what they do. I don't think the community would be the same without your work.

I do have a bug to report though. I'm getting this error when running exportlegends info
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:13:15 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: June 15, 2016, 10:13:59 am »

Sigh...

Reminder to script authors: Do not use anon_X fields! They are temporary names and will disappear or point to something completely different if we figure out what the fields are. If you figure out what something is, tell us and we will name it.

Anyway, that should be a simple fix. Looking at it now.

Edit: It should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:41:21 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4400 on: June 15, 2016, 04:11:30 pm »

Reminder to script authors: Do not use anon_X fields! They are temporary names and will disappear or point to something completely different if we figure out what the fields are. If you figure out what something is, tell us and we will name it.

The worst thing is that they will change indices if any anon field above is renamed. (Right?) Why not automatically name anon fields based on offset, for example? Recommendation not to use them isn't very helpful when, well, you need to access those fields.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: June 15, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

Yep, their names change if anything above them is named. Regarding naming them based on offset:
11:22:46 AM <lethosor> angavrilov: would it be possible to give anon_ fields names based on their offsets?
11:22:55 AM <lethosor> like unk_f80 or whatever
11:23:05 AM <angavrilov> no, that's a bad idea
11:23:24 AM <angavrilov> any names must be in the xml, and any names not in xml should be regarded unstable
11:23:48 AM <angavrilov> i.e. for all intents and purposes anon fields should be considered to have no name
11:24:38 AM <Japa> call it use_this_if_you_are_and_idiot_29
11:24:55 AM <angavrilov> for one, that 'offset' would be different between windows and linux, even if you disregard the possibility of it changing between releases

I think the better option is to give fields which we have determined are the right type "unk" names, but, well, people haven't been doing that.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4402 on: June 15, 2016, 05:11:55 pm »

I think the better option is to give fields which we have determined are the right type "unk" names, but, well, people haven't been doing that.

Well, yes, that would help in most cases as completely wrong typing is rare. In this regard, I never understood difference between anon/unk - they're both temporary and will eventually be renamed, but anon will also change name if other fields named. So why not use [automatically] use unk everywhere. And by offset I meant just something unique, it doesn't matter offset on which platform to use because you will not translate the name back to offset and use it for anything.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: June 15, 2016, 05:32:33 pm »

It's possible to misidentify pointers, int32_t's, groups of 2 int16_t's, etc.
anon names *are* automatic. Unk names usually have to be manually specified, although there is a way that angavrilov mentioned to use the lisp tool to generate unk names.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4404 on: June 15, 2016, 05:40:26 pm »

anon names *are* automatic.

I know. I was just proposing to automatically name them not sequentially but based on offset or something. I don't see how it's worse than sequential if all the same "we don't know what they are, use them carefully as they will be renamed" warnings remain.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: June 16, 2016, 02:21:55 am »

You're still not supposed to use them.

If you need to use them, then you know what they are.

If you know what they are, then you can give them a name.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: June 16, 2016, 07:23:09 am »

There are some instances where you don't know what something is, but setting it to 0 or -1 keeps DF from crashing (for example). If those fields don't have names, "unk" names would be best.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:28 am »

Has anyone found this data structure?

"DF certainly stores, somewhere in memory, a mapping between the RAW tags (NOSE/BROADNESS), the index into the bp_modifiers array, and the strings of descriptive text for each of the ranges (though, the latter could just be in a different, two-dimensional array, using the same indices as bp_modifiers)."

We're looking for the raw values for different appearances in general. We know that values are stored in "appearance>bp_modifiers", but they seem to be interdependent on each other when it comes to generating appearances. For example, an extremely short nose can not be narrow (indicated by bp_modifiers[10] which contains nose width), if bp_modifiers[11] (which contains nose length) indicates it's also very short.

If you've got that kicking about let me know. On a final note, does anyone have a complete list of the physical descriptions?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:57:43 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: June 16, 2016, 03:42:54 pm »

Had no problems whit that alpha release yet. Thanks for your hard work.
Small sugestion, migrants-now could it get a added where you add a number behind and that amount of migrants arive?
Would it be possible to make a guests-now?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: June 16, 2016, 07:04:41 pm »

Had no problems whit that alpha release yet. Thanks for your hard work.
Small sugestion, migrants-now could it get a added where you add a number behind and that amount of migrants arive?
Would it be possible to make a guests-now?
I thought guests flood in if you are near local civilization not a timer that spawns more folks wonder how the script would work when you are on a isolated island with no life near you in sight?
and which guests would it pull?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 360