Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 852616 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7380 on: May 01, 2020, 03:19:50 pm »

Thinking about why something made you do something sounds like a thing that can be useful in certain situations

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: May 01, 2020, 03:33:03 pm »

Perhaps not to a degree beyond utility, though.

It does sound like some form of OCD to me, being completely untrained in psychological phenomena.

You should perhaps seek professional help in understanding the mechanics of it, especially if it’s causing you distress.

We welcome being a place to vent though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: May 01, 2020, 04:01:39 pm »

Hector knows what's up, that's why he's my favourite Iliad character

(Him and the river god who gets pissed off that the Greeks are dumping bodies in his river and filling it with rotten corpses)
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: May 01, 2020, 04:39:55 pm »

(Him and the river god who gets pissed off that the Greeks are dumping bodies in his river and filling it with rotten corpses)
He'd better not check what the Hindus are up to in Ganges then...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: May 01, 2020, 05:47:30 pm »

I also am partial to certain numbers. The order goes something like 1, 3, 11, 21, and then I think it continues with the other numbers of the form 10k+1. "Partial" as in I actively avoid all other numbers in certain cases.
These numbers are wrong. Only multiples of 2 and 5 are acceptable.

There's other things too, like making sure there's a newline at the end of each file I write.
That's just common sense.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: May 01, 2020, 05:55:57 pm »

I only like numbers that can uniquely be expressed as the product of three primes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: May 01, 2020, 06:59:44 pm »

I only like numbers that can uniquely be expressed as the product of three primes.
Is 231 an example?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: May 01, 2020, 07:35:22 pm »

It's very annoying and sometimes very distressing. Imagine how many times I touch the left side of my body to something during the day. If I touch it just once, then I have to touch with my right side at least 2 more times. If I touch it with my left side 2 times or more, not only do I go to 11, but I feel the need to go all the way to 21 touches with my right side, making sure I touch my left side again on touch number 18. On occasions I've gone to 51. What even is this anymore. And with the sort of analysis thing, I feel like I have to explain not just ideas I encounter but also why I do things, even things that are just trivial. Some of these subjects I encounter are trivial, or have some abstract quality like funniness, and yet I have to make a thorough explanation why it makes sense or why it has that quality anyway, and analyze it completely, down to the faintest meaning of each word. And the analysis has to produce this seemingly arbitrary satisfied feeling in my mind, otherwise I have to do it all again, and it gets harder and harder over time to get to that satisfied state. I sometimes spend an hour or more at a time in this OCD-induced stupor, just wrestling with my obsessions. It is really affecting my life.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: May 01, 2020, 07:51:27 pm »

Is 231 an example?

Why yes it is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: May 01, 2020, 09:28:02 pm »

It's not that uncommon. Get the help/medicine you need. We'll try to help, but none of us are experts, probably.
Well, I mean, I do have a certain amount of personal experience... that said, my OCD isn't nearly as severe as it was when I was younger, but I definitely relate to most of what's been said. My most annoying symptom is probably having to flick back to the nearest multiple of 4 and look at each page number up to the current one each time I turn a page, which has torpedoed my onetime speed-reading skills. Books without page numbers are either freeing or traumatising, depending on my mood.   
Also I leave certain numbers of spaces at the end of every paragraph and post and I do quite a lot of clicking in the dead space of most webpages.
As a result I really hate banner ads, especially when they either don't load properly or have clickable margins that don't align with the edge of the image, either way resulting in my often clicking them by accident.

Uh, anyway, yeah! We're here for you. No idea about treatment though, I've never really looked into it although it has been suggested a couple of times. I think it's probably mostly CBT (the good kind, not the private parts-torture kind).   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: May 02, 2020, 07:08:43 am »

He'd better not check what the Hindus are up to in Ganges then...

He was a local river god, only the personification-god of that river, so he wouldn't care

That would be the business of Ganga
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: May 03, 2020, 09:18:45 pm »

He was a local river god, only the personification-god of that river, so he wouldn't care

That would be the business of Ganga

If rivers are wet, would that be dank ganja?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: May 04, 2020, 02:50:54 am »

I got tagged in the email of an older distant relative who had been marked in part of a chain letter made to collect home recipes, that you were then supposed to send on to 20 other people on your list for 20 more recipes and then send it back to the original addresses who started the whole thing.

Naturally, not a single sender in the chain knew how to blindCC, and my personal email has since been vomited into the expanded network of Midwest Boomer extended family.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: May 04, 2020, 03:14:05 am »

One thing that's handy is to use the + symbol in an email address.

myemail+junk@gmail.com just sends to myemail@gmail.com

But ... you can filter out to another folder based on the +junk bit, that and if you need to sign up for things you can tell which service leaked your address.

https://danq.me/2017/09/26/gmail-plus/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:19:03 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: May 04, 2020, 03:28:43 am »

It's my personal, private email account shared with close family members. Unfortunately, family is family. Also it's an address I've used since before Gmail was a thing.

But yeah, +boobs is useful for y'all kids and yer newfangled inventions!
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 777