Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6270 6271 [6272] 6273 6274 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8790693 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94065 on: June 12, 2015, 10:40:13 am »

Every time you say Grindr, I read 'Grisha'
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94066 on: June 12, 2015, 10:50:22 am »

grindr5

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94067 on: June 12, 2015, 11:20:43 am »

im sad that Tim Hunt felt compelled to publicly apologize for his joke and has even resigned from two of his positions

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94068 on: June 12, 2015, 11:24:40 am »

Tim Hunt made a joke? Last I heard that he did anything relevant, it seems pretty reasonable wanting him not in a position of power. I mean, would you want a sexist as your boss?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94069 on: June 12, 2015, 11:25:51 am »

I mean, would you want a sexist as your boss?

Depends how sexist, and depends if she's hot.
Living without knowing your general direction in life can be surprisingly miserable at times. :I

Not that surprising.

Currently having a moment of 'I could've been an overachiever'.
Like somehow that whole ship has sailed, and I'll never again be the person who gets Dux and awards for excellence again.
I'm in my early 20's and going back to university, but hey. Life's over. Time to settle down and commit slow suicide.
Hahah logic has no place in this selfpityfest.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94070 on: June 12, 2015, 12:02:52 pm »

'Tim Hunt made a joke?'
yes but a few people in the audience apparently didn't care for the punchline

'I mean, would you want a sexist as your boss?'
i am a very tolerant person so i probably wouldn't mind

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94071 on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:23 pm »

Currently having a moment of 'I could've been an overachiever'.
Like somehow that whole ship has sailed, and I'll never again be the person who gets Dux and awards for excellence again.
I'm in my early 20's and going back to university, but hey. Life's over. Time to settle down and commit slow suicide.
Hahah logic has no place in this selfpityfest.
I thought college was the place where people could turn their lives around and shit. You should do that. You can do the thing.

And most people at college are probably in their early 20s. Big deal. Nothing to feel bad over.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #94072 on: June 12, 2015, 01:16:07 pm »

Yet another plot against me. Foiled, I think.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94073 on: June 12, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »

Tim Hunt made a joke? Last I heard that he did anything relevant, it seems pretty reasonable wanting him not in a position of power. I mean, would you want a sexist as your boss?
For a moment I got Tim Hunt and Tim Cook confused and I was like "oh god, another misogynistic gay man? how original"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94074 on: June 12, 2015, 07:26:40 pm »

I'm starting to see why suicidologists don't tend to commit suicide.

Suicide is fuckin' difficult, man. Even the best method, shotgun to the head, is not foolproof.
But I guess that it's possible to consume cyanide, hang yourself and shoot yourself in the head with a shotgun in a shed rigged with timed explosives but honestly you'll probably get caught during the preparation and get chucked into rehab.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:28:16 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94075 on: June 12, 2015, 07:41:11 pm »

I'm starting to see why suicidologists don't tend to commit suicide.

Suicide is fuckin' difficult, man. Even the best method, shotgun to the head, is not foolproof.
But I guess that it's possible to consume cyanide, hang yourself and shoot yourself in the head with a shotgun in a shed rigged with timed explosives but honestly you'll probably get caught during the preparation and get chucked into rehab.
Are you OK?  (not sarcasm)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94076 on: June 12, 2015, 07:43:34 pm »

snip
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 08:10:38 pm by Cinder »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94077 on: June 12, 2015, 07:53:08 pm »

Don't feel hesitant to vent just because there might be some people who think less of you for it. If they feel they need to be snarky at someone for expressing themselves, let them and then block them. You seem like a nice person, so when I see you talking like this, I just want to help, even if I don't really know how.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94078 on: June 12, 2015, 08:24:48 pm »

Cinder, you most certainly aren't worthless. Yes, there are a few people snarking at you, although Tack in particular is a half-man half-snark hybrid who could probably send devastating snarkwaves through the air. But in any case, what people say on the internet should ideally not affect you, if you choose it to be so. Of course, things are rarely ideal; i know my deeply ingrained social anxiety makes it incredibly difficult for me to emotionally detach myself from what people say to me on the internet, and for all i know, you might be in a similar situation, and i am terribly sorry if you are, because i know the pain of it.

What i do know is that you're not destructive to those around you, and people don't speak about you like they'd speak about that bunch of rebellious chavs on noisy scooters who violate every single traffic law without wearing a helmet (i.e. Darwin Award candidates). That's plenty for me to consider you a decent fellow, for what it's worth, and then there's also the fact that you're a pretty cool dude on top of that. At the risk of sounding like a terrible person, i do have a vague idea of why a few people might snark at you, but i'm not going to just throw such potentially inflammatory input at you out of nowhere. If you really want this input, feel free to PM me; just be aware that this is meant solely as a service to you, not a personal attack. I would NOT do such a thing to someone who's feeling down.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94079 on: June 12, 2015, 08:32:04 pm »

Only *passive* aggression is allowed against other members.  Non-members/other communities are apparently fair game.
Yeah it's dumb and unfair, so it really shouldn't matter what people think of you here.  I know it does, though...  But it objectively shouldn't.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6270 6271 [6272] 6273 6274 ... 8156