Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 852557 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7320 on: April 15, 2020, 06:08:40 pm »

I am mildly upset by the fact that "So..." seems to have become a commonly acceptable way to start a sentence.

I use it for trailing off when the sentence's ending is presumably obvious, and I don't want to take the time to find a way of ending it that doesn't feel like me saying something you've already figured out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: April 15, 2020, 06:10:19 pm »

What used to bother me on more populous forums is when people would start a sentence in a thread title then finish it in the OP.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: April 15, 2020, 06:23:40 pm »

What used to bother me on more populous forums is when people would start a sentence in a thread title then finish it in the OP.
that happens? Why?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that happens? Why?

-- and to summarize in the text body would mean repeating themselves.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: April 15, 2020, 07:26:41 pm »

that happens? Why?

A form of clickbait or otherwise attention-getting, I presume. Except there was never really nothing to direct the attention to, just an obvious question or dumb joke/meme.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: April 16, 2020, 09:56:57 am »

I am mildly upset by the fact that "So..." seems to have become a commonly acceptable way to start a sentence.

Why though

Because I think I do that... all the time.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:45 am »

So... what does it annoy you about it, exactly?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: April 16, 2020, 10:36:54 am »

EDIT: Someone said the link might be against forum rules, so just in case I've removed it.
Boy is this guy an asshole. Among other things, he apparently thinks children having orientations is automatically sexual, seems at least a little racist, doesn't realize new forms of Hinduism has relevance since at some point you'll be able to play them, and apparently doesn't realize that sexuality has a lot of relevance in Crusader Kings, since it's the bloodline simulator.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:13:13 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: April 16, 2020, 11:15:27 am »

I didn't read it, but giving children sexual preferences does seem .... off putting.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: April 16, 2020, 11:31:13 am »

Relating to my recent card troubles, despite saying they couldn't do much about it and that I should contact Amazon myself to resolve the potential issue before doing a proper refund or getting a new card if that failed the bank apparently just blocked my card from doing on-line transactions completely, which is a nice precaution to make I guess, but maybe let me know you've done it?

Either way, gonna have to make another trip to the bloody bank to get it sorted out :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: April 16, 2020, 11:34:28 am »

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/04/crusader-kings-3-adds-bisexuality-asexuality-and-child-sexuality-preferences/107374/
Boy is this guy an asshole. Among other things, he apparently thinks children having orientations is automatically sexual, seems at least a little racist, doesn't realize new forms of Hinduism has relevance since at some point you'll be able to play them, and apparently doesn't realize that sexuality has a lot of relevance in Crusader Kings, since it's the bloodline simulator.

I don't want to sound like I'm agreeing with the angry guy, but it really has no relevance to that beyond being a modifier on your fertility percentage. It does come off like they are focusing on looking at sexuality through the lens of our modern, "sexual life style", culture's perspective and not through what we know of sexuality through history. We have a host of accounts and theories about gay or possibly gay or bisexual rulers who lived, for their time, completely normal lives and had children with their spouses, the only exception being that they had same-sex lovers at the side instead of different-sexed ones. From this perspective only straight, uncurved homosexuality matters (in the way of said fertility malus, ie "this person doesn't like sleeping with their spouse but lays back and thinks of England"). Bisexuality? Wouldn't be relevant at all. Asexuality? That's just being overly chaste or going celibate.

Now, from a story-maker perspective it makes more sense to include bisexuality along with the two straights, for obvious reasons, and storymaking is a very large aspect of CK for me, so I don't think it's a bad thing to implement. My favourite thing in that devblog was the separation of sexuality and sex act*, which reflects historical attitudes better than an automatic -10 to all relations because of a trait your character gets at 14 for liking the stable boy (but I do dislike the self-congratulatory attitude of "this new system is better than that old trait lol" in the devblog when seemingly all they've done is made it four traits and maybe moved it away from the trait bar).

*Apparently this has something to do with priestly pedophiles and all pedophiles in the catholic church is liberals or something according to that blogger? Wtf?
Love, scriver~

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: April 16, 2020, 11:57:34 am »

I didn't read it, but giving children sexual preferences does seem .... off putting.

I agree, it's unsettling that they're letting details like puberty get in the way of my misplaced sense of propriety.

I was going to make a joke about reading the comments, but christ, don't read the comments. Or the article. Or anything on that website. Might actually be against forum rules to link it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: April 16, 2020, 11:58:19 am »

Might actually be against forum rules to link it.

Wow. Is it the literal linking rules ("If you post links to illegal material... you will be banned") or does it fall under defamatory material, by proxy ("you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive...")?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:02:05 pm by Eschar »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: April 16, 2020, 12:16:34 pm »

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/04/crusader-kings-3-adds-bisexuality-asexuality-and-child-sexuality-preferences/107374/

I don't want to sound like I'm agreeing with the angry guy, but it really has no relevance to that beyond being a modifier on your fertility percentage. It does come off like they are focusing on looking at sexuality through the lens of our modern, "sexual life style", culture's perspective and not through what we know of sexuality through history. We have a host of accounts and theories about gay or possibly gay or bisexual rulers who lived, for their time, completely normal lives and had children with their spouses, the only exception being that they had same-sex lovers at the side instead of different-sexed ones. From this perspective only straight, uncurved homosexuality matters (in the way of said fertility malus, ie "this person doesn't like sleeping with their spouse but lays back and thinks of England"). Bisexuality? Wouldn't be relevant at all. Asexuality? That's just being overly chaste or going celibate.

Now, from a story-maker perspective it makes more sense to include bisexuality along with the two straights, for obvious reasons, and storymaking is a very large aspect of CK for me, so I don't think it's a bad thing to implement. My favourite thing in that devblog was the separation of sexuality and sex act*, which reflects historical attitudes better than an automatic -10 to all relations because of a trait your character gets at 14 for liking the stable boy (but I do dislike the self-congratulatory attitude of "this new system is better than that old trait lol" in the devblog when seemingly all they've done is made it four traits and maybe moved it away from the trait bar).

*Apparently this has something to do with priestly pedophiles and all pedophiles in the catholic church is liberals or something according to that blogger? Wtf?
Homosexuals can seduce men in CK2, so bisexuals could be relevant, although how they wouldn't just be more OP than homosexuals is a question. Likewise, Asexuals likely couldn't seduce anyone, or have a low modifier to it. Not sure though.
Also, "two straights"? What does that mean?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:21:38 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: April 16, 2020, 12:25:27 pm »

Might actually be against forum rules to link it.

Wow. Is it the literal linking rules ("If you post links to illegal material... you will be banned") or does it fall under defamatory material, by proxy ("you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive...")?

Judging by the repeated and upvoted (((world banker))) talk in the comments, even if we assume the nazi "shock images" are from bots the site looks to be for white supremacists (although the racism in the article seemed confined to dogwhistling from my reading of it). I'm just not sure how the toad would feel about it; interestingly, there's someone in the comments who was banned from this forum a while back.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 777