Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 218169 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #615 on: November 19, 2017, 01:46:05 pm »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #616 on: November 20, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »

You grab a glob of noxious goo and use it to doodle on the corpse's face. Well...its effective I guess.

Glorious. Now, I'm taking the corpse with me. How much to have it taxidermied?

Spoiler: @ Redneck Rickshaw. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Any word of reasonable value really.

Getting +1 Pot, for them clutch magics.

Give me the Permanent word from that corpse, if syv approves it.

In addition, grab Explosive and Contain.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Ok. Thats up to leader Sy but ok with me.

Ranged Removers

As the previous mission ends/the new one has not even started preparations, I'd like to take Affect_Self from the corpse and cast [Repair - Affect_Self - Mark_Caster's_Eyes], hopefully before permanent gang words are replenished, temporary effects vanish, etc. (and thus also without it counting as the prep spell for the next mission). Can I do so?

(Also, for the record, can enchantments be stored in spell Marks just as other spells? Is Int pre-rolled like Pot with them, or rolled on the spot?)

Level-up pending.

[3][Pot+0]
Cast. And yes, enchantments can be stored and placed on things with a prerolled INT .

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link

Spoiler: RR word distribution (click to show/hide)

Piecewise, I marked a bunch of the words in that spoiler as (Merchant), and bolded them.  These are the words I'm willing to sell.  My first priority is improving our uniforms, with fire resistance, gas/dust resistance, and acid resistance, in that order.  If we can only get one, oh well.

The second priority is to fund the taxidermy of ATHATH's corpse, because it's a bank.  Third... well, if we have words left over, whatever sundries other people want.

Levelup pending.  Do we have to wait for the other two gangs to finish their missions before starting our third?  Also, check the spoiler below for hex questions.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

This was all typed on a phone.  Agghhhh.
So. Flame resistance can be done in two ways; a coating or changing the fabrics. Many natural fabrics like silk are flame resistant in that they won't catch fire. You would still feel the heat and take damage from it but wouldn't burst into flames and keep burning. Probably. A coating would be like making your clothing into a rubberized protective suit to prevent heat damage to a degree. But it would lose a lot of resistance to normal damage.

Dust/gas could be as easy as filter masks. Not perfect, but they'd give you a bonus against the rolls for those gases.

Acid is harder; you'd need a coating but it would have the same downside of being really good against acid but crap against other things.

ATHATH's corpse can ONLY contain the words that it contained in life, no putting words into it. But getting him preserved could be done with Chain and hammer.

Nah, just do it now.

Spoiler: Secrts maybe? (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #617 on: November 20, 2017, 03:30:33 pm »

Shadow Alliance

To the metal man, unless Shade vetos my action:

"Our immediate goal here is alliance. Our extended goal is, as you say, expansion. We intend to bring something of order to the city. A civilized order, one in whihc, we hope, such things as libraries, schools, theaters, and the like can flourish. NAturally, we can see that we wold be a junior player in this alliance, at least for now. It is clear that you have more of power and history than we. As for what we will do with any power we attain: we intend to do as we have done: to advance through the city, to make alliances, to conquer where necessary, and hopefully to bring a better situation to the citizens than what we find upon arrival. You know of our predecessors at the gate. I believe you will find our control of that location to be beneficial to more than just us."

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Shadow Alliance

To the metal man, unless Shade vetos my action:

"Our immediate goal here is alliance. Our extended goal is, as you say, expansion. We intend to bring something of order to the city. A civilized order, one in whihc, we hope, such things as libraries, schools, theaters, and the like can flourish. NAturally, we can see that we wold be a junior player in this alliance, at least for now. It is clear that you have more of power and history than we. As for what we will do with any power we attain: we intend to do as we have done: to advance through the city, to make alliances, to conquer where necessary, and hopefully to bring a better situation to the citizens than what we find upon arrival. You know of our predecessors at the gate. I believe you will find our control of that location to be beneficial to more than just us."

-snip-

After Chu finishes speaking,

"More or less as my compatriot said. Though I would add that in the short term, we don't actually have plans for where specifically to go next. I can infer from what you said that those who controlled the gate before us were considered bandits. Are there any other groups that have gained that reputation? My plans revolve around two steps, for the most part: remove a source of chaos, and then build or secure the infrastructure required for order. If I were to solely focus on removing those who cause chaos, I would in the end become a source of chaos myself. And if I simply maintained a place of order, as you have, then eventually I would fail. Another could eventually overpower me, a concerted effort could be raised, or luck could simply prove to be against me. Those who desire peace cannot be passive. They must strive for it. And yet to become so single-minded in the pursuit of peace would, in the end, bring about its end. My conclusion is a pendulum. To in one swing strike against chaos, and in the return foster peace. I do not claim to have any dominion over you, I do not desire that. If you say you do not want us here, or that you do not want us to use the power this place would provide us, then we will leave. But I am afraid that there is a force that could soon prove to overpower all of us who strive for peace. Although, ironically, I suppose it would bring about peace in the end. Just not the kind of peace the living can enjoy."

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

(Also fixed the subject title, quoting posts can change it sometimes)

The man listens to your whole explanation, fingers steepled and eyes set forward, their gaze impossible to guess. After you finish he sits back and considers his words carefully.

"I got to where I am today with two things; knowledge and force. Force without knowledge is chaos, and knowledge without force is impotence. Combined in equal measure they are unstoppable. The Chaos you wish to fight has many sources but I know of two major players whose power far outstrips their knowledge. They are enemies of mine just as they are surely enemies of yours. So I offer this bargain; strike against my enemies and I shall give you what you desire and more."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 20, 2017, 03:31:28 pm »

I'll take my levelup in vitality. I also don't want any of the words.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #619 on: November 20, 2017, 04:14:52 pm »

Cosa Nostra

When stealth is broken, run over and cast Small-Firearm on the metal near (3,24).

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Your gang leader dropping off a building and delivering a chained fist to an overseer certainly seems like breaking stealth, so you get moving. You run to the building where the one man was scraping the leather and put your hand on the nearest metal thing. [6][1] The magic pulses out into the iron and it shrieks and deforms, folding like origami into a large handgun. Its not a very pretty looking thing but seems functional.

The man in the building with you seems rather freaked out. Understandable.

[4v6]
You take a potshot at the nearest overseer. The recoil nearly yanks the gun straight out of your hands and a bowling ball sized piece of the building behind the Overseer vanishes in an explosion of splinters. The Overseer spins and looks around in a panic as you scamper away.

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Wrap my chain around my fist and arm. Climb that building! Then lay down and crawl over to above/behind that guard's head. Then drop down on him! Try to smash his head or face with the chain.

You're already on top of it so that first part is easy. Lets move on to the second part.
[6v1][2]
You drop down from the ceiling fist first and catch the guard right on top of the head with your chain wrapped fist. It doesn't kill him, but it does knock him unconscious. You both end up on the ground in a big awkward pile. Just like prom night.

The sound of Vencarlo's shot is what gets everyone's attention and workers stop working and poke their heads out to see whats going on. At the same time overseers charge towards the sound. Three in the north see Big Poppa and the guard he's knocked out, but the others can't make it far enough or don't see anything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 20, 2017, 07:57:16 pm »

Welp, syv never said no to it, so I'm putting Permanent on my list. Also Explosive and Contain.
If there's funding left for side-projects... I'd like a nice dress, that's still crow-themed but not as obviously so as the uniforms, and that doesn't look quite so combat-focused. Something that looks impressive at the front of some crow-themed goons, but has plausible deniability for just being formal wear for some random bystander.
Social stealth is best stealth. Especially when I can use nearly any word to kill someone provided I can hold their hand or something.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #621 on: November 20, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"Tell us more about these enemies."

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 21, 2017, 02:11:39 am »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Snatch his sword if I can and run, heading north (I could go south towards the bros but that could end in me getting friendly fired) aim to impair the mobility of overseers who come into range while I flee

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 21, 2017, 06:41:15 am »

Any word of reasonable value really.
Given the lack of any sort of indication here of what is 'reasonable value', I'll just assume we can make that up ourselves. Convenient!

Get that corpse taxidermied in exchange for hammer, and chain if necessary. Unless anyone else on team flyboy wants them.

Spoiler: Regressed Rhizoids (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:35:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 21, 2017, 11:29:59 am »

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 21, 2017, 11:34:08 am »

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 21, 2017, 12:54:19 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"Yes, a deal like that would be appreciated."

Accept details, especially the nature and locations of the two groups of enemies. After that I guess leave?

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 21, 2017, 10:26:44 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Shoot whoever seems to be the highest threat (to any ally).

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 22, 2017, 12:59:50 am »

(( @RC Buuut, I wanted that Hammer! It makes a natural set with Chisel!..  ;D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 22, 2017, 01:01:09 am »

((Just wait till we get Sickle...))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 114