Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 218085 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2017, 10:07:10 pm »

We took them all, yes.  We get levelups, right?
Ye.

Spoiler: SECRET WORDS (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2017, 10:42:22 pm »

Shadow Alliance

With a self depreciating smile, thank the guard for his kind words of advice and permission to head into the office. Then, knock on the head's office door and open it and look in

"Hello? I was told I'd find the head of THE LAST WORD here. Seems a fitting place. Nice office. I especially like the pond out there. Ah, let me introduce my boss, Shade of the Shadow Alliance."

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
Shadow Alliance

Follow Chu into the office. Speak with the leader of the Last Word.

"Hello, I was wondering if you are currently accepting volunteers here at the Last Word. I have a group of magically talented individuals currently following my guidance, Chu Sana'me here included, and we were wondering if we could gather the power inherent within the area in exchange for helping protect and maintain this place?"

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
The Office beyond the big double doors is impressive and the man in it doubly so. The room is quite large, Ovoid in shape, with red carpet as thick and soft as a down blanket. The walls are unadorned concrete painted with various murals and scenes by a half a dozen different artists. Against them sit book cases and cabinets and piles of papers and scrolls. Along the back wall are racks of weapons of all kinds, some ordinary and others detailed to the point of artistic abandon. A sabre you can see from the door is shaped like a peacock feather, complete with each tiny bristle and florescent colors.  In the center of the room is a huge wooden desk and behind it sits an equally huge man.

Seated, the man is five and a half feet tall, standing he would probably be over seven. He's broad on all dimensions: shoulders, jaw, chest, arms, legs, belly; a man with staggering bulk and muscle. He's also made of solid silvery metal. He has a bushy eyebrows, a long beard, and a mustache all apparently made of steel wool. His eyes are featureless metal orbs with no hint of pupil yet he can clearly see you. And his entire body is covered in slowly moving etchings; magical tattoos.

He looks at you with an expression of both interest and amusement.

"You're the lot that ousted those would be bandits from the upper level gate, aren't you?" He says with a voice that literally echos metallically within his own chest.  He considers you both for a moment and then continues. "You're looking to expand your empire, aren't you? Want to add the Last Word to your holdings, to some degree?  But you're phrasing it as though you are joining us?

Tell me, If I were to give you these words, what would you do with them?"

Shadow Alliance

How about a picture of a sabretooth?  Like that big cat summoned earlier?

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Please ignore the watermark

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2017, 11:07:53 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Examine the building. How tall is it? Could I climb it? If so, do so. If not, dash across the space to the next building and wait by the edge with chain at the ready in case he notices.
The building is a simple stone one; stacked irregular rocks held together with mortar. Its only 7 or so feet tall with a roof of wooden boards. You climb up easily, basically just hopping up and then pulling yourself the rest of the way.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
You sneak a little bit in, as far as you can without potentially raising an alarm, and look around at the workers. They don't look like slaves; they're not particularly wealthy or well off looking but they don't look horribly ill treated or desirous of rebellion. Serfs or Peasants no doubt. They don't openly fear the overseers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:51 pm »

Getting +1 Pot, for them clutch magics.

Give me the Permanent word from that corpse, if syv approves it.

In addition, grab Explosive and Contain.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2017, 05:20:55 am »

You grab a glob of noxious goo and use it to doodle on the corpse's face. Well...its effective I guess.

Glorious. Now, I'm taking the corpse with me. How much to have it taxidermied?

Spoiler: @ Redneck Rickshaw. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2017, 08:00:03 am »

Shadow Alliance

To the metal man, unless Shade vetos my action:

"Our immediate goal here is alliance. Our extended goal is, as you say, expansion. We intend to bring something of order to the city. A civilized order, one in whihc, we hope, such things as libraries, schools, theaters, and the like can flourish. NAturally, we can see that we wold be a junior player in this alliance, at least for now. It is clear that you have more of power and history than we. As for what we will do with any power we attain: we intend to do as we have done: to advance through the city, to make alliances, to conquer where necessary, and hopefully to bring a better situation to the citizens than what we find upon arrival. You know of our predecessors at the gate. I believe you will find our control of that location to be beneficial to more than just us."

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2017, 08:34:30 am »

Ranged Removers

As the previous mission ends/the new one has not even started preparations, I'd like to take Affect_Self from the corpse and cast [Repair - Affect_Self - Mark_Caster's_Eyes], hopefully before permanent gang words are replenished, temporary effects vanish, etc. (and thus also without it counting as the prep spell for the next mission). Can I do so?

(Also, for the record, can enchantments be stored in spell Marks just as other spells? Is Int pre-rolled like Pot with them, or rolled on the spot?)

Level-up pending.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2017, 10:53:54 am »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Wrap my chain around my fist and arm. Climb that building! Then lay down and crawl over to above/behind that guard's head. Then drop down on him! Try to smash his head or face with the chain.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:56:16 am by SamSpeeds »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 17, 2017, 04:01:21 pm »

Shadow Alliance

To the metal man, unless Shade vetos my action:

"Our immediate goal here is alliance. Our extended goal is, as you say, expansion. We intend to bring something of order to the city. A civilized order, one in whihc, we hope, such things as libraries, schools, theaters, and the like can flourish. NAturally, we can see that we wold be a junior player in this alliance, at least for now. It is clear that you have more of power and history than we. As for what we will do with any power we attain: we intend to do as we have done: to advance through the city, to make alliances, to conquer where necessary, and hopefully to bring a better situation to the citizens than what we find upon arrival. You know of our predecessors at the gate. I believe you will find our control of that location to be beneficial to more than just us."

-snip-

After Chu finishes speaking,

"More or less as my compatriot said. Though I would add that in the short term, we don't actually have plans for where specifically to go next. I can infer from what you said that those who controlled the gate before us were considered bandits. Are there any other groups that have gained that reputation? My plans revolve around two steps, for the most part: remove a source of chaos, and then build or secure the infrastructure required for order. If I were to solely focus on removing those who cause chaos, I would in the end become a source of chaos myself. And if I simply maintained a place of order, as you have, then eventually I would fail. Another could eventually overpower me, a concerted effort could be raised, or luck could simply prove to be against me. Those who desire peace cannot be passive. They must strive for it. And yet to become so single-minded in the pursuit of peace would, in the end, bring about its end. My conclusion is a pendulum. To in one swing strike against chaos, and in the return foster peace. I do not claim to have any dominion over you, I do not desire that. If you say you do not want us here, or that you do not want us to use the power this place would provide us, then we will leave. But I am afraid that there is a force that could soon prove to overpower all of us who strive for peace. Although, ironically, I suppose it would bring about peace in the end. Just not the kind of peace the living can enjoy."

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

(Also fixed the subject title, quoting posts can change it sometimes)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2017, 09:50:12 am »

Cosa Nostra

When stealth is broken, run over and cast Small-Firearm on the metal near (3,24).

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2017, 06:39:16 pm »

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link

Spoiler: RR word distribution (click to show/hide)

Piecewise, I marked a bunch of the words in that spoiler as (Merchant), and bolded them.  These are the words I'm willing to sell.  My first priority is improving our uniforms, with fire resistance, gas/dust resistance, and acid resistance, in that order.  If we can only get one, oh well.

The second priority is to fund the taxidermy of ATHATH's corpse, because it's a bank.  Third... well, if we have words left over, whatever sundries other people want.

Levelup pending.  Do we have to wait for the other two gangs to finish their missions before starting our third?  Also, check the spoiler below for hex questions.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

This was all typed on a phone.  Agghhhh.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 19, 2017, 12:54:59 am »

Spoiler: RR (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2017, 02:57:36 am »

The sheet for RR

Spoiler: Angelus Pestis (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2017, 10:00:16 am »

Spoiler: RR (click to show/hide)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »

Should we have been hauling around various corpses so we could get a whole new wordset next refresh?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 114