Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 789200 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2013, 02:37:29 pm »

No problem.

I'll definitely start a new game when a (stable) new version is released. I guess that will be at least three or four months away. By that time our current, dying world will be robbed of most of its treasures, so it will be good to move on.

What would happen if Goblins sacked the museum?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2013, 03:08:54 pm »

They'll regret ever contemplating the idea.

Just staff the museum's town with a few legendary adventurers. Or, make the new museum a player fortress itself, and staff it with your legendary adamantine-clad militia dwarves

[edit]

I'll have the save uploaded tomorrow, maybe. My damn computer is giving me more trouble.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:35:18 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »

Sorry to double post, but I want to guarantee you see this >.>

I've got the file uploaded here. If that doesn't work or something, let me know.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2013, 08:12:42 am »

I'd like to sign up for a turn. Hope it'll be around next month or so.

Also, even though it's not my turn I couldn't not to share this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:40:35 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2013, 01:46:51 pm »

Whahaha! Not everybody is happy with the museum, it seems.
I'll add you and notquitethereyet to the turn list. Looking at the turn list it's going to be more than a month before it gets to you (i'd estimate it will be three or four months at the rate were going). I've also send Ncommander a pm.

Here's a map with the new fortress, Luckystream, marked. It's a distant location in a mostly unexplored part of the main continent.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:14:58 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2013, 08:26:21 pm »

Oh yes, I'm sure people will try to assassinate my character before my turn comes around again. For that matter, I'd like to sign up for yet another go-round. It's been fun.

I just reformatted my harddrive and reinstalled windows. As of yet, my computer is running perfectly fine, so I hopefully won't have these problems ever again.

I actually saved a backup of luckystream before abandoning, and have been playing around with it.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »

Bah... Since my second turn i've been more active in checking the forums... but so many people never do their turn
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:23:00 pm by Kromgar »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:44 pm »

If you need a new world, just make the biggest world possible, short history (long enough for towers, short enough for beasts), max civs, max structures, many beasts, frequent minerals (for fort-makers). I find those worlds best in my adventuring axepearience. (see what I did there)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2013, 10:35:29 pm »

How exactly are fortresses submitted?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2013, 11:47:44 pm »

You play one.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 17, 2013, 11:58:19 pm »

Oh, why thank you. Allow me to elaborate on what I meant by 'exactly':

1. Do you use a save for the world this is played in, or can you import any fortress from anywhere?
2. If so, where is the save located?
3. Must you use the most recent save?
4. How do you export the fortress when you are done with it if this is necessary?
5. Will this cause logistical problems when people play while I'm running my fortress?

i.e.

Do you just play the most recent save available and then upload it when you have finished your fortress?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:20 am »

1. We use the latest provided save. I'm not sure how you'd import a fortress between saves anyway.
2. [Your DF folder]\data\saves, or did you mean here?
3. Preferably. We like to keep things linear.
4. Make your fortress, abandon it, and then upload your museum folder to someplace like mediafire.

Or, in short,
Do you just play the most recent save available and then upload it when you have finished your fortress?
Yes.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2013, 03:22:40 am »

Quote from: Squeegy
5. Will this cause logistical problems when people play while I'm running my fortress?

i.e.

I'm not sure if this is the question, but you can only build a fortress during your own turn. You will have to sign up.
Players can build a fortress at the end of their turn, if any time is left.
The first post in this topic has the rules.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:11:15 pm by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2013, 05:33:12 pm »

I thought about it, and I would like to join the list. I have a good idea for a story.
In the meantime, what would make a good training montage? This is what I have so far:
Swim/sneak all the way around the location I will not reveal
Pick up, sharpen, throw 100 stones
Fight everything I come across

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2013, 03:04:50 pm »

In the meantime, what would make a good training montage? This is what I have so far:
I've been sneaking on carps and wrestling them and performing press-ups near zombie bird whose talons and beak I've pinched away. Works pretty well, but from now on your days are counted and infection in broken fingers will get you eventually. Also I think such method aren't welcomed here during your turn.

Speaking of next version I'd like to recommend setting the minimum temperature to above 10 000 Urists because here's picture of my adventurer in Silverywind (went all the way from museum to here) Could you tell that there's a fortress wall just ten steps to the east? And while this one might actually be humorous, the problem with freezing oceans is truly a fun-killer. On my attempts to reach Plankstirred the game crashed twice while crossing the ocean from the side of the main continent (I've covered like 90% percent of the distance on the second time :(). Third time when I've tried to cross ocean from the side of Silverywind I just encased me in ice at some point.
So to sum up: either no freezing or no oceans for the next map.

To clarify: I was just fooling around with the save, not going to spoil here whatever I've explored.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:07:18 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 162