Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 786883 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1335 on: January 04, 2014, 03:44:52 pm »

Hey, remember all those mummies I awakened when Bora first started his adventures? Yeah... Have fun with those "abandoned and perfectly safe" lairs.

Yeah, I remember those .. I suspect one of those ended up haunting the tomb of heroes, it probably came from one of the nearby lairs and followed me into the site. It ended up killing quite a few adventurers too.

So your telling me a resurrected mummy began haunting a tomb for heroes?

This game... so they can actually wander around the world too?

This is too funny
Yes, it appears that mummies and other named creatures with a kill list can take up residence in lairs and certain other sites once the area is reloaded, if the original owner of the lair had been killed. I have often enough found random fish in otherwise empty lairs (they tend to die of suffocation after a few turns). Though I think Pie Maker killed the mummy haunting the Tomb during his turn, so it should be safe unless another creature has taken up residence there.

I wonder what would happen if a necromancer rose the entirety of the Tomb of Heroes and killed themselves. Would the zombies/skeletons begin searching for lairs to inhabit? Shame that the tomb will eventually hit FPS death. The dark powers of those inside have created an unbreakable barrier barring all from entering the tomb.

So how do I look up where a Playable character is living like Eric Blank did back when he found the frat house for all the museum goers

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 04, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »

I actually didnt find the frat house, I think it was... Timeless Bob? Maybe. I just followed the map he'd made. And when I found that elf guy hanging out in the abandoned castle, it was more or less by complete coincidence as I was just looking for a place to spend the night. And I knew where I left Bora because I wrote it down.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 04, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »

Hey, remember all those mummies I awakened when Bora first started his adventures? Yeah... Have fun with those "abandoned and perfectly safe" lairs.

Yeah, I remember those .. I suspect one of those ended up haunting the tomb of heroes, it probably came from one of the nearby lairs and followed me into the site. It ended up killing quite a few adventurers too.

This is too funny
Yes, it appears that mummies and other named creatures with a kill list can take up residence in lairs and certain other sites once the area is reloaded, if the original owner of the lair had been killed. I have often enough found random fish in otherwise empty lairs (they tend to die of suffocation after a few turns). Though I think Pie Maker killed the mummy haunting the Tomb during his turn, so it should be safe unless another creature has taken up residence there.

I wonder what would happen if a necromancer rose the entirety of the Tomb of Heroes and killed themselves. Would the zombies/skeletons begin searching for lairs to inhabit? Shame that the tomb will eventually hit FPS death. The dark powers of those inside have created an unbreakable barrier barring all from entering the tomb.

So how do I look up where a Playable character is living like Eric Blank did back when he found the frat house for all the museum goers

1. The mummy haunting the tomb of heroes, Kesh, was killed. There are no bad guys at the tomb. The tomb itself is protected by a lever controlled door so that should make the contents safe.

Most adventurers will not be able to enter the frat house where Dishmab (me) and Nil (pie maker) live as he is undead and I am a necro, that's why Bralbaard's adventurer was cut to shreds.

I do plan to inter the remains at the Tomb of Heroes. There are only three recognisable corpses left:

Stasbo Humorbury (partial remains)
Logic Legendfinder (leg bones + some other stuff)
Adil Wireskin (corpse)

Adil Wireskin was a fort soldier with a good number of kills who was recruited by Feb Minesizzled (Mr Willsauce). The other two are adventurers. The remaining bones and remains are labelled "human corpse" or "human lower leg" because those entities have been raised as zombies and killed so many times that they have lost their ownership. I could inter all the remains in the Tomb because chances are at least some of those remains are AtomicChicken and Kromgar's.

The equipment in that room has a combination of peasant gear from the original inhabitants, and weapons and armour for both human and dwarf/elf sized adventurers. My plan was to move that to a repository somewhere else in Dinnerwandered so that new adventurers might be able to use these items in their adventurers. I think it would be cool to have adventurers use weapons that are hundreds of years old and have been used by several famous heroes.

2. To find out where the retired adventurers that are still alive live, you need to look them up in Legend Viewer after downloading an XML from Legends mode. The table of adventurers lists who is still alive(or undead/immortal). I might try to track down Bora Ragedance (Eric) on my next adventure...

There are currently 8 living retired adventurers. One is corrupted (EvictedSaint's one-armed dwarf) who is retired in a village, Pointedfrenzies or something, which causes a nemesis unit load failure on attempt to enter. The remaining "Magnificent Seven" are all established hard bastards...

3. On my next turn I will post a list of objectives or personal quests I want to achieve and we will see how far I get, then probably retire Dishmab...

4. QUOTE PYRAMID

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:56:57 pm by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 04, 2014, 04:58:35 pm »

This is too funny

1. The mummy haunting the tomb of heroes, Kesh, was killed. There are no bad guys at the tomb. The tomb itself is protected by a lever controlled door so that should make the contents safe.

Most adventurers will not be able to enter the frat house where Dishmab (me) and Nil (pie maker) live as he is undead and I am a necro, that's why Bralbaard's adventurer was cut to shreds.

I do plan to inter the remains at the Tomb of Heroes. There are only three recognisable corpses left:

Stasbo Humorbury (partial remains)
Logic Legendfinder (leg bones + some other stuff)
Adil Wireskin (corpse)

Adil Wireskin was a fort soldier with a good number of kills who was recruited by Feb Minesizzled (Mr Willsauce). The other two are adventurers. The remaining bones and remains are labelled "human corpse" or "human lower leg" because those entities have been raised as zombies and killed so many times that they have lost their ownership. I could inter all the remains in the Tomb because chances are at least some of those remains are AtomicChicken and Kromgar's.

The equipment in that room has a combination of peasant gear from the original inhabitants, and weapons and armour for both human and dwarf/elf sized adventurers. My plan was to move that to a repository somewhere else in Dinnerwandered so that new adventurers might be able to use these items in their adventurers. I think it would be cool to have adventurers use weapons that are hundreds of years old and have been used by several famous heroes.

2. To find out where the retired adventurers that are still alive live, you need to look them up in Legend Viewer after downloading an XML from Legends mode. The table of adventurers lists who is still alive(or undead/immortal). I might try to track down Bora Ragedance (Eric) on my next adventure...

3. On my next turn I will post a list of objectives or personal quests I want to achieve and we will see how far I get, then probably retire Dishmab...

4. QUOTE PYRAMID

If you find my Iron(I think) Axe I want that saved for my new adventurer who will be Kasluns illegitimate child born out of wedlock. Because she refused to marry  a mountain of pus.

This is starting to become like D&D. Gonna play around with the latest map to get a feel for how the worlds changed.

Whats the rules  for the museum is it still peasant or can you make your character a hero?

Edit: QOUUUUUTES

So i have confirmed zombies do roam. In fact I met a zombie snake south of tongsrace... and a mummy. I wasn't even near a lair.

We've turned this world into some grimdark place with abandoned fortresses of hostile dwarves, demons, mummies, and forgotten beasts
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:04:48 pm by Kromgar »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:55 am »

It was already a grimdark place - A vampire fishman did reign as a god-priest for a thousand years before getting ganked by an adventurer.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 05, 2014, 07:21:39 am »

When I created the Tomb of Heroes, I intended it to be a succession graveyard. Like, if you got some hero to bury, you embark here with funeral attendants, build a fabulous tomb with statues, then place the bones in.

Perhaps I'll sign up for a turn, and hope that the next version won't arrive before it :) Fights for the position of the king of New Dinnerwandered would be fun though.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 05, 2014, 09:21:20 am »

'Welcome to New Dinnerwandered, where we the every king rules no longer than a year'

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:37 am »

'Welcome to New Dinnerwandered, where we the every king rules no longer than a year'

It may not even work with new versions

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 05, 2014, 11:38:57 am »

It may not even work with new versions

It may be a good idea to start a parralel game in a new universe while the old one goes on... its a shame Dinnerwandered won't exist. It sure was a great crapshoot world
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:04:07 pm by Kromgar »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 05, 2014, 04:36:09 pm »

Braalbard can declare his new museum to be pretty much anywhere, even in a new dwarven fortress he retires. Which would be awesome.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 06, 2014, 04:35:20 am »

Braalbard can declare his new museum to be pretty much anywhere, even in a new dwarven fortress he retires. Which would be awesome.
I might know a fix to allow it be in retired dwarven fortress.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 06, 2014, 12:05:10 pm »

This looks convenient. Would i be right in thinking there are at least a 100 artifacts scattered who knows where throughout the world? Would i also be right in thinking that there still a lot of things to slay? I don't wish to sign up, it's just sounds perfect for finding strange loot in. Oh, and if any of you know what happens when artifacts are traded away, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Eh, also where's the latest download link?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:15:12 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 06, 2014, 03:24:50 pm »

The FPS death fortresses meet also happens in lairs if you spend a couple nights there.

I learned this after testing in my own game where I had a wereiguana bite me. I wasn't a necromancer either.

I did not contract wereiguanism.

It bit me so I should have been cursed.

It seems curses no longer  transfer in the museum.

So you can only get husked or be a necromancer to attain immortality. I may be wrong I havn't read many of the new adventurer stories

This looks convenient. Would i be right in thinking there are at least a 100 artifacts scattered who knows where throughout the world? Would i also be right in thinking that there still a lot of things to slay? I don't wish to sign up, it's just sounds perfect for finding strange loot in. Oh, and if any of you know what happens when artifacts are traded away, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Eh, also where's the latest download link?

Its literally 3 posts above yours
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:04:51 pm by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 06, 2014, 04:30:21 pm »

I might know a fix to allow it be in retired dwarven fortress.

The only thing that stops us from doing that currently is FPS death of player-created sites that are frequently visited, have you found a workaround for that? It seems that when all creatures are scared off, or killed on each adventurer visit, buildup of animals numbers remains manageable, but if that is not done (by sleeping repeatedly for example) it spins out of control quite quickly and can be unrecoverable.

Currently non player constructed sites, like the keep the museum is in right now, do not have this problem and work fine.

Also, NAV submitted the save game, I'll PM the next person in line, and I'll try to update all relevant posts.
There's another new site: Takewall, it lies not far from Silverywind, on the land bridge that seperates the cold ocean from the ashen oceans.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:51:03 pm by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 162