_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5783306 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Unlimited Banjo Works
« Reply #16800 on: September 06, 2013, 08:20:38 am »

((...I might set the Slaughterhouse Nine against the Altered and see what happens.))
((Just make sure to explain to piecewise what things he doesn't know about are (ie. don't expect him to Google with the ship in thread in this state.)
((Well, duh. I'm already planning it. Probably a spoiler containing the non-spoilery information and one containing the spoilery information.))

And I think the only thing the altered have that could be said to be supernatural is their ability to organize and communicate with each other, although there's probably an in universe scientific explanation for that. That and their ability to modify themselves. But again, there's probably an explanation for that. And if you negate those two things they'll basically cease to exist as nothing more than biomatter.))
((Well, there's an explanation for the superpowers. And Hatchet Face's ability only goes so far. And I'm mostly interested in the interaction; if Hatchet Face completely destroys the battle I'll remove him.))

((And, if you're interested:
The "pregame" of Ivan's final(?) battle starts here: Don't poke the archdemon. With some lovely TV commercials.
Ivan's final(?) battle starts here: I told you. When someone had the brilliant idea to shoot him. At point blank range. Yeah.))
((I'll be sure to check that out.))

((Also theres the whole altered infecting you if you get close to killing them thing so yeah... you might just end up creating mindless genetically supercharged versions of the slaughterhouse 9.))
((Oh, wow. That could be hilarious...I may have an idea for a one-shot Worm fanfic.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16801 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:03 am »

((Also remember that the Avatar of war, the Titans and the Ghost ships and other such huge machines of war were all created to battle the altered. They can get quite huge and despite their beast like appearance and low individual intelligence they are very smart as a collective.

Also, some images of altered in piecewise's response to Sean's action here.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:33:07 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: September 06, 2013, 08:48:45 am »

>How about you instead make a human face for me. And a name, while you're at it. Hell, create a whole fictional backstory for me if you want. Really, we just can't let them start worshiping me. Because if they do they'll expect me to lead them after this is over. And thats not what I'm here to do. I'm here simply to make sure that the empires of man come and go with the the interest of the species.

Lars banged his head again.  "Yes, your gloriousness.  I shall complete your tasks with the utmost speed!  One final question- who will be leading in your stead?"

Lars finally understood, now; his purpose of being here.  Everything had been set in motion from the start.  Steve, in his divine wisdom, had come to Lars in the facet of the Gazer Sek.  Studying under the Gazer was part of His plan.  The whole incident with the police was orchestrated by Steve.  He had been led here to the HMRC to come to the true godhead of Steve.  All his life, he had been led here.  Been chosen.  It all came to this.

And it was glorious.

"All hail the mighty Steve!"

Now... he needed a plan, and it was already forming under divine inspiration.  The mighty Steve, come to the world in human form.  His closest advisers were the avatars of the HMRC Pantheon.  His generals were Saint Milno, the mighty Jim, and the brilliant leader Miyamoto.  He had a few visions for the new face of Glorious Steve, but he also needed a name.  Steve Awesome?  Steve Manly?  Steve Ruggedly Handsome?  No, that wouldn't do.  Hmmm...

In any case, he needed supplies.  He rushed to the Armory and requisitioned art supplies, while explaining the situation to her.

"...so you see, I must complete this divine mission for the Most Holy Steve.  I know you are one of his most reverent disciples, so perhaps you have some input.  How do you picture His glorious face?  What do you think the people would want to see?"

Ask Steve one last question.  Go to Armory and ask for art supplies.  Get her opinion.

((PS:  I do have several ideas, but I absolutely cannot draw for shit.  I'll detail them in my next post if any of you actual artists are interested.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: September 06, 2013, 08:54:05 am »

((PS:  I do have several ideas, but I absolutely cannot draw for shit.  I'll detail them in my next post if any of you actual artists are interested.))
((As long as it's nothing terribly complicated, I am available to lend a hand, or rather a stylus. I've been out of practice for far too long.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: September 06, 2013, 09:01:12 am »

((Well, Saint Milno is the cloak and dagger fellow, so putting his face out there may be a bad idea.  As such, I see him standing facing the camera, still somewhat looking like himself, but his face is obscured by his metal claw hand being held in front of it.  His eyes are seen glowering out from over it.

Make sense?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16805 on: September 06, 2013, 09:21:02 am »

((Well, I know what I'll be buying now.
@ Paris: shall we conclude our transaction now then? If yes, confirm, and my following post shall contain the action and the rp side of things))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16806 on: September 06, 2013, 09:33:05 am »

((Well, I know what I'll be buying now.
@ Paris: shall we conclude our transaction now then? If yes, confirm, and my following post shall contain the action and the rp side of things))
((Flint Westwood stands opposite to Miyamoto and flashes the lights of his MK2 to let him know the deal is on.
Editing action. 12 tokens now and 5 later, right? How do you want to handle it?

EDIT: Oh, wait, you're posting. I'm blind.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16807 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:59 am »

((yeah I get that it fits the DOKTORs personality, but it still seems like a bit of a dick move on PWs part to have people who have been on missions hunting down those of us who are late to the party.
And I am completely unbiased on that >.>))
((No, it isn't a dick move. The Doctor usually provides people with power beyond even that of veterans if you accept being his test subject. It's like a deal with the devil, though - as soon as you sell your soul to him in exchange for power, you'll have to defend your position and your life. Piecewise made it very clear already. If you don't want to be hunted by another power-hungry person, then don't sell your soul to the Doc.

Also, it seems I missed a lot during my sleep.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: September 06, 2013, 09:58:21 am »

((Hey Cael, besides the honey badger claw-arm and the sharkmist symbiosis (which isn't visible), does Milno have any other non-fleshy bits?  I forget.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16809 on: September 06, 2013, 10:03:19 am »

((yeah I get that it fits the DOKTORs personality, but it still seems like a bit of a dick move on PWs part to have people who have been on missions hunting down those of us who are late to the party.
And I am completely unbiased on that >.>))
((No, it isn't a dick move. The Doctor usually provides people with power beyond even that of veterans if you accept being his test subject. It's like a deal with the devil, though - as soon as you sell your soul to him in exchange for power, you'll have to defend your position and your life. Piecewise made it very clear already. If you don't want to be hunted by another power-hungry person, then don't sell your soul to the Doc.

Also, it seems I missed a lot during my sleep.))
((Oh. This makes doing this much clearer on my conscious.
Heads: Kill. Tails: Not Kill.
Heads.))

Heat a circle of 1cm thickness and a diameter of the guy's neck in the middle of his neck to sufficient temperature that it burns to ash, thereby decapitating him.
Hope I don't repeat what happened in the last mission.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:08:50 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16810 on: September 06, 2013, 10:10:16 am »

((You borrowed Twoface's coin, didn't you?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:34 am »

((You borrowed Twoface's coin, didn't you?))
((I'm the one who have it to him in the first place.
So yes.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16812 on: September 06, 2013, 10:14:31 am »

12 tokens now and 5 later, right?
((Yep, as was agreed upon.))

Receive 12 tokens from Flint. Go to hangar and walk over to Gilgamesh.

"Well then Gilgamesh, I guess this is the end of our partnership. You were of invaluable service to me, and I'm forever in your debt.
You saved my life more than I even remember, and together we did some great things. I must move on now though, not because I really want to, but out of necessity. There are dangerous times before us, though battles, and we will need every edge we can get.
I know however, that you will serve your new partner as well as you did me. That you will lend him the same strength you lended me, and continue to protect and assist our teammates.

Goodbye, my friend."

"Hey Flint, come over, I'll give you a quick tutorial on how to pilot him. C'mon, give it a try."

Give Flint the battlesuit tutorial.

"And now, on to the built-in systems overview.
First of, we have the armor, which is about 1/2 of a regular battlesuit. This was mainly to save weight, to allow for his flight capabilities. It shrugs of all sorts of small-arms fire, like laser rifles and gauss rifles.
Next, the rocket pods, which allow for decent flying. You won't be as mobile as a Mk. III, but you can use it to get somewhere fast, be it in or out of trouble.
Each arm has a built-in kinetic amp, good for punching pesky aliens or improvising doors.
Be sure to use the Cam-eyes from time to time, they're great for spotting anomalies or possible ambushes.
There is also the Overdrive mode, which will remove the strength inhibitors and allow for greater lifting power and such. Be careful though, you could tear off the arms if you overdo it, so best saved for emergencies.
Remember the emergency eject pod, though you may want to check in Vr how far that will launch you, haven't used that myself.
If you ever have creepy crawlies all over your suit, there is a claymore anti-boarding system, and the electrified surface defense system.
You know, I thought of a possible way of using that last one offensively: if you have a fast opponent you can't quite seem to hit, you could try to simply tackle him or pin him between you and the wall or floor, then activate it to give him a buzzing surprise.

Now, a last piece of advice: Flint, never grow over-confident. I know you a little by now, and I know you tend to get in over your head. And while Gilgamesh is an incredible suit, he is not invincible, nor are you immortal. So keep using your head, stay on your guard, and I know you two will do fine.

Good luck."

Go to AM. Buy Avatar of War, standard humanoid, with universal manipulator and heavy laser as weapon options. Do NOT enter it yet, but observe it in the hangar.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:22:37 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: September 06, 2013, 10:21:20 am »

((Oh. This makes doing this much clearer on my conscious.))
((Yeah. Toaster's first character, Thrakor, was permakilled in MORTAL KOMBAT against Lukas because both were Doc's experiments and he wanted them to fight to death. IIRC, someone else talked to the Doc about being his disciple and he mentioned having to fight Renen.

Jim still won't like it if you attack unprovoked, judging from SerCon's viewpoint. My viewpoint of "sell your soul to the devil, you're screwed" still stands, though.))

((Hey Cael, besides the honey badger claw-arm and the sharkmist symbiosis (which isn't visible), does Milno have any other non-fleshy bits?  I forget.))
((Well, one of his legs has titanium bones, but those aren't visible either.))

((@Radio: When I checked for battlesuits, the Mobility version lost more than just armor. Back then, it didn't have one of either the eletrical or the claymore defense system (my bet is on the latter), though both my memory and pw's are prone to failing.

Edit: Yep, Mobility has all the systems. Now onto writing that down in my handy text file.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:32:56 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: September 06, 2013, 10:29:47 am »

But the APC.
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 2101