Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089639 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6375 on: March 08, 2013, 12:53:25 am »

So I'm looking into starting to play this now I've got a computer capable of it. What server do I play on?

Depends, if you're in America I'd say Matherson would be you best bet, and if in Europe, Miller.

EDIT: Also there does seem to be an attempt to get a bay12 outfit going on Matherson for the NC.
And again, for everyone that sees this, please put your characters into the Bay12 Database so we know who is where.
All you have to do is fill out a few boxes and hit the button, easy as that.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dFRjT3MySXR4OVE0cEFELUJveHUwTEE6MQ

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: March 08, 2013, 01:13:39 am »

So I'm looking into starting to play this now I've got a computer capable of it. What server do I play on?

Depends, if you're in America I'd say Matherson would be you best bet, and if in Europe, Miller.

EDIT: Also there does seem to be an attempt to get a bay12 outfit going on Matherson for the NC.
And again, for everyone that sees this, please put your characters into the Bay12 Database so we know who is where.
All you have to do is fill out a few boxes and hit the button, easy as that.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dFRjT3MySXR4OVE0cEFELUJveHUwTEE6MQ

I'm in Australia... so I guess I'd be on an Asian server, or an Australian one if there is any.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: March 08, 2013, 01:18:02 am »

I am from Europe and i like playing in Mattherson server which is US east if recall correct.
It has nice population allmost 24/7 so action is allways there.
I got some oddball VS in Miller but got fed up when Platoon/squad leaders either speaks 70% of time their native lingo
or cant even understand what they trying to say. Frustrating.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:19 am »

@Reudh.
Briggs is in Australia, and a couple of Bay 12'ers drop in to cause havoc, mostly as NC.
Esamir and Amerish are both ghost towns, seems most people stay on Indar, but it can be worthwhile to hang out in the jungles or ice fields, picking off unwary scythes/mozzies.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:38 am »

One of the largest.  There's like 10 people in the outfit.

Any chance you could hop on and shoot me an invite, my NC character is SilentHastati. Also thank god for Alpha Squad, I wont have to adjust my playstyle it seems since I have a bunch of weapons that feel more like TR guns :P
That AS medic gun is more like a sniper rifle. But then again, that seems to be the entire point of medic guns.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: March 08, 2013, 11:07:41 am »

One awesome thing about the server merge:  I've played on Esamir the past several nights and had some epic battles.  Soooo nice to have a break from 24/7 Indarside.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: March 08, 2013, 12:01:24 pm »

One awesome thing about the server merge:  I've played on Esamir the past several nights and had some epic battles.  Soooo nice to have a break from 24/7 Indarside.
Also. After Ceres got merged Esamir actually has a population, and it's a really nice place to fight in.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »

I must be on at all the wrong times, because for me Esamir is always either totally empty or completely conquered, usually by the VS.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: March 08, 2013, 12:04:15 pm »

I'm usually on somewhere between 10 PM and midnight EST (GMT -5) and it's been well populated during those times.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: March 08, 2013, 12:09:53 pm »

This chart tracks PS2 server populations. Just punch in your server and timezone, and it will show you exactly when your server's primetime is.
UTC. Just use GMT, ffs. Is there some sort of secret plan to make every single American unit so that Europeans have a hard time using them? Mayby you guys will switch to some sort of English where you divide the number of every letter by 5 and then add 2 to get the letter you should say.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »

Isn't UTC the same as GMT, basically? Anyway, it looks like Mattherson is a terrible server for me, population-wise - it's low during the day and starts picking up only late in the evening, being the highest in the middle of the night. I guess I'll have to manage.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: March 08, 2013, 04:09:31 pm »

Would be great if we could really start organizing that NC outfit on Matherson. How many of you guys are NC on Matherson and havent put it into the form database?

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: March 08, 2013, 04:14:30 pm »

Anyone know of any mods or graphics packs so I can optimize this thing? Running an integrated laptop card isn't enough for P2 unfortunately and I'd love this thing.

I could always boot up my old rig and I'm 75% sure that could run it pretty well (even better with some recent software I've found) but I don't have a wireless adapter for it.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6389 on: March 08, 2013, 04:28:01 pm »

Isn't UTC the same as GMT, basically?

Essentially UTC is GMT, they just didn't want to call it "greenwich mean time" because greenwhich is a district of south-east london and theFrench exist. No, really. The French wanted to call it "Temps Universel Coordonné", whilst English speakers proposed Coordinated Universal Time knowing something so "England-centric" would never be accepted. UTC was the compromise, despite making no sense as an abbreviation of anything.

Compromise, because that way nobody is happy ^^

Though CUT is also silly sounding. Cut? Seriously? But then again so is TUC (Tuc? Seriously). And UTC is actually pretty decent sounding, even if it means "Universal Time: Coordinated" (Or Universel Temps: Coordonne), which be kinda silly sounding.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:08:15 pm by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 826