Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089263 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11865 on: November 05, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »

I heard people complain that Indar is open pretty much 24/7 now... on Reddit, so take that for what it's worth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: November 05, 2015, 06:59:23 pm »

I still really like Indar, tbh. It's the same zergs I zerged many years ago :P

More seriously, I just sort of like it. Don't see why people hate on it so much when continents like Esamir exist, where every base has a huge wall and the only way in is an extremely narrow chokepoint...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: November 05, 2015, 07:05:14 pm »

I think the main reasons people don't like it are Indar Ex. and whatever that base on the east part of the map is. At least those are bases I don't like. It's funny because those bases are the most likely to cause "field battles" where two sides are trying to actually get to the opposing base and I've said many times that I like those battles. It just seems like when you actually do get to the other base it's just... meh.

It also doesn't help that those field battles pretty much take place of a relatively flat open space ripe for tank spam. At least field battles on Amerish have little hills and trees and valleys and stuff. (Oh, and Southern  Indar isn't bad from what I remember)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: November 05, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »

Yes, I did and still do spend a lot of time in Southern Indar. It's Original and Rightful NC Soil :P
Hell, I haven't even been on Indar with NC holding the northern warpgate as far as I can remember.

And yeah, the field battles are pretty sweet. One of the things I like about Esamir is the bigass frozen river with the huge bridges. Indar has such a bridge, but it's between TI Alloys and the Crown, so it's subject to a lot of spam from both of those bases.

Really, Esamir is a pretty sweet continent for vehicles, it has ditches, hills and rock formations, the bases are just rather disappointing. On the topic of bases, apparently all multi-point tower bases are going to have the A point moved out of the tower. That's going to be pretty nice, now those bases won't require a big overpop to cap anymore.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: November 05, 2015, 07:25:56 pm »

On the topic of bases, apparently all multi-point tower bases are going to have the A point moved out of the tower. That's going to be pretty nice, now those bases won't require a big overpop to cap anymore.
So when are biolabs having at least one point outside of the dome? The one on Esamir doesn't count.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: November 05, 2015, 07:32:49 pm »

Muh cert farms.
More seriously, no idea. It's constantly discussed on reddit, but that's not a big surprise. If they're changing tower bases they might also have plans for biolabs, I hope they do. The current meta is to rush the gen and SCU without touching the points as to not attract any redeployside attention.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: November 06, 2015, 04:41:09 am »

Don't see why people hate on it so much when continents like Esamir exist...
Really, Esamir is a pretty sweet continent for vehicles, it has ditches, hills and rock formations...
Answered your own question. :P

I don't get why people think Indar is the "tank continent" when it has none of these things.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: November 06, 2015, 06:09:40 am »

Don't see why people hate on it so much when continents like Esamir exist...
Really, Esamir is a pretty sweet continent for vehicles, it has ditches, hills and rock formations...
Answered your own question. :P

I don't get why people think Indar is the "tank continent" when it has none of these things.

Eeh, the open deserts out on the west side of the map are pretty nice tank country.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: November 06, 2015, 08:30:43 am »

Eeh, the open deserts out on the west side of the map are pretty nice tank country.

I'm genuinely curious why you think that. May I ask you to elaborate?

I find NW Indar to be one of the most unenjoyable places in the entire game for a tank (narrow valleys are possibly worse.) There's very little cover or hills to maneuver around with, so most of the fighting tends to be a blob of tanks the sole rock lobbing AP shells at another blob of tanks behind another rock 400m away. Typically the tanks always scoot back behind their rock to repair, making the fights incredibly indecisive, until one zerg finally gets significantly larger than the other and they crush everything... then roll into Indar Excav/Quartz Ridge and die.

Do you typically see a different style of fight there? Or do you see these fights but appreciate them in a way that I do not?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: November 06, 2015, 01:35:40 pm »

Because there's a good variety of fighting. You've got the long, grinding field battles when two zergs are pushing back and forth across that open ground (and incidentally, the terrain's great for that sort of battle because there's just[/] enough cover for HAs to try to move up for a few suicidal rockets), there aren't many places for assholes in Harassers to hide, and air has to expose itself to fire from your base and Lightnings if it wants to hit anything. When one side pushes the other into their base, depending on the side you're on you either get to help siege down or flank around to the side and slaughter the assaulting infantry + sundies.

I've always found Esamir to be almost as obnoxious in a tank as eastern Indar: plenty of spots for Harasser cheesers to duck away, enemy air can pop up from just about anywhere, &c. There's only a few good fields, and damn near all the bases are locked up inside twisted shitholes of rock and ice. I've seen better armor battles in SW Indar in those hilly fields just SW of the Crown, and that's prime Harasser territory too.

Of course, they're both far and away better than either of the other continents.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: November 07, 2015, 04:25:30 pm »

At any given fight with the VS, there's always at least one scythe lolpodding infantry, and nobody can do anything about it.

I decided to just change to HA with my g2a launcher and it's both cathartic and hilarious. Most of them fly away ASAP or crash into mountains the moment they hear the lock-on sound.

E:
Oh, and I managed to shoot a g2a missile THROUGH a valk...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:35:33 pm by miauw62 »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: November 07, 2015, 06:48:32 pm »

Don't worry, Dual Photons are the shittiest of the three: they don't have the raw damage of the Breakers, and they don't have the RoF or deep magazines of the Hellfires.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: November 07, 2015, 09:52:53 pm »

Speaking of scythes, you can shenanigans them into a biolab, if you go in from one specific direction and have a bit of time. Also apparently the tutorial got stuck into a directive, since I know I had it done before and it showed up anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: November 07, 2015, 09:56:02 pm »

I hope they don't fix that, since it's just funny instead of effective.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: November 07, 2015, 10:03:01 pm »

There was also 2 mosquitos and a harrasser who tried to interrupt us, you damn reds :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 826